Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Malware not blocked
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
growlybear
I'm running KIS 13 and have always felt very secure. The other day my browser IE9 started acting wierd. There was a banner about an inch running across the bottom of the screen. My Home page was continually being switched and I found myself being redirected. I immedialtely thought of Malware or a virus. I ran the free copy of Malwarebytes, it found 3 programs, tidy.pup, sweet (something), and Webcake. I got rid of the first 2 easily but have been unable to get rid of Webcake. I tried restoring back to several different dates but I don't think I've gotten rid of it. Any suggestions.

Since Malwarebytes found the problem I was going to purchase Malwarebytes Pro but I looked up a review of Malware programs and KIS was listed as one of the best. Why didn't KIS stop these programs. Is there another product that I should buy for added protection?

Thanks Don
richbuff
Quote: "... but have been unable to get rid of Webcake. ..."

Settings > Advanced settings (cardboard box icon) > Threats and exclusions > Detection types > Settings > enable Other > ok>ok, and do a databases update > reboot,
then do a scan. After that, please uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot, and uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions, then remove any and all junk
search providers in your browsers, then if need be, change your home page.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the first Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.