Help - Search - Members
Full Version: virus.win32.vb.cc
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
girryman
hello all, ive got around 52 worms left after disinfecting around 180. but can´t get rid of the rest without deleting them, as they are in very important word documents, i would really appreciate any help or advice on cleaning up my pc and restoring files and documents corrupted by this virus.
thanks. girryman.
ps. these are just a few that i managed to disinfect

disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\cuestionarios respondidos\Shinta.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\cuestionarios respondidos\itot.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Questionnaire on Wanita Indonesia (hindu).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Questionnaire on Wanita Indonesia (hindu)..scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\TESIS\TESINA HASTA 19 NOVIEMBRE\BIBLIOGRAFÍA tesina.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\TESIS\TESINA HASTA 19 NOVIEMBRE\ENTREVISTAS.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\TESIS\TESINA HASTA 19 NOVIEMBRE\Inma (1).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\TESIS\TESINA HASTA 19 NOVIEMBRE\TESINA (TEORIA).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\TESIS\TESINA HASTA 19 NOVIEMBRE\The Jakarta Post.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\from KPI\Kebijakan Daerah Diskriminatif.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\from KPI\perda lagi.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\from KPI\uu_ponografi_November_2005__word_Doc[1].scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\from KPI\Ranperda ESKA Jateng\Isi_Naskah_Akademik_ESK_1_[1].scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\Carta a Pak Syafiq.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\preguntas\Questionnaire of Wanita Indonesia and Islam..scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\preguntas\Questionnaire of Wanita Indonesia and Islam.c.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\preguntas\Questionnaire on Wanita Indonesia and Islam (Emmy).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\preguntas\Questionnaire on Wanita Indonesia and Islam (Montxo).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\preguntas\Questionnaire on Wanita Indonesia and Islam (Sarai).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\entrevistas\Pak Syafiq Hasyim entrevista.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\cuestionarios respondidos\Karol.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\cuestionarios respondidos\Lisa.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\cuestionarios respondidos\NInig.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: G:\Answers of the questionnaires\cuestionarios respondidos\Punky.scr/ASPack
deleted: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\Recycled\SVCHOST.EXE/ASPack
deleted: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\Recycled\SPOOLSV.EXE/ASPack
deleted: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\Recycled\CTFMON.EXE/ASPack
deleted: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\Recycled\SMSS.EXE/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Inma (1).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\The Jakarta Post.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\from KPI\Kebijakan Daerah Diskriminatif.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\from KPI\Laporan_Advokasi_RUU_APP[1].scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\from KPI\perda lagi.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\from KPI\PERDA_SYARIAT_DAN_PEMINGGIRAN_PEREMPUAN[1].scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\from KPI\uu_ponografi_November_2005__word_Doc[1].scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\from KPI\Ranperda ESKA Jateng\Isi_Naskah_Akademik_ESK_1_[1].scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\from KPI\Arrahman\Arrahman 5-1.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Gender\Group says women at more risk of abuse. Jakarta Post 8-3-2006.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Gender\Women have taken to playing gamelan. The Jakarta Post 14-4-2005.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Gender\Women matter - in all the Millennium Goals. Inter Press Service News Agency 23-8-2006.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Gender\Women political role still marginal. The Jakarta Post 30-4-2005.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Carta a Pak Syafiq.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\itot.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Karol.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Punky.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Questionnaire of Wanita Indonesia and Islam..scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Questionnaire of Wanita Indonesia and Islam.c.scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Questionnaire on Wanita Indonesia and Islam (Emmy).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Questionnaire on Wanita Indonesia and Islam (Sarai).scr/ASPack
disinfected: virus Virus.Win32.VB.cc File: H:\documentos jAKARTA 15 NOV 2006\Answers of the questionnaires\Shinta.scr/ASPack
Lucian Bara
Hello
Why can't you disinfect those documents, is the option unavailable?
And what is the malware that infected your other documents?
girryman
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 27.11.2006 16:25)
Hello
Why can't you disinfect those documents, is the option unavailable?
And what is the malware that infected your other documents?

the option is available but says that it cant be deleted so i have to skip, all malware are the same but some i can and some i can´t disinfect and its giving me headache, or should i say the girlfriend is giving me a headache. lol
thanks for your time
Lucian Bara
TRy performing the scan in safe mode with system restore disabled.
girryman
QUOTE(lucianbara @ 27.11.2006 16:32)
TRy performing the scan in safe mode with system restore disabled.

how do i go about scaning in safe mode? and disabling system resore?
cheers
girryman
im finding viruses every where (oh what joy!)
C:/System Volume Information/_restore::::
there seems to be 52 viruses here and quiet a few more in my documents:
dawgg
Disabeling system restore:
right click "My Computer">Properties>"system restore"tab>tick the box and click OK

Safe mode:
restart PC and keep tapping F8 when it's turning on. at prompt, select "safe mode"
If it says "keyboard failure", restart again and keep tapping F8
dawgg
QUOTE(girryman @ 27.11.2006 16:41)
C:/System Volume Information/_restore::::

viruses in this directory will be destroyed when you disable SystemRestore
girryman
ok on it just starting now will let you know how it goes thanks again; luckly its the laptop thats infected and not this pc
girryman
ive selected safe mode but screen is now black with line up the top; where do i go from here????
dawgg
1) avoid connecting your laptop and PC on the same network until laptop is clean
2) line? you should see a grey screen with big icons on your desktop. try again... first you'l have lots of grey writing, let it load and then login, find kaspersky and do a full PC scan with scanning level at high (maximum protection)
girryman
thanks it seems to have soveld the first problem, i had 52 in c drive now only one left to go: file: C:recycled/smss.exe/aspack

plus shoud i go back to my pc/ system restore and untick the box? thanks again for your help
dawgg
yes, untick system restore if you use it.
girryman
any idea on the last virus? or should i go through the same process of safe mode ect....
cheers m8 youve been a great help.
dawgg
try to remove it manually... just click the delete button
if you cant remove it manually, delete it manually from safemode
girryman
this seems to be the last one floating around, ive restarted the pc in safe but no joy, any ideas on this last one, cheers.
girryman
dawgg
Download HijackThis: http://files6.majorgeeks.com/files/7f84874.../hijackthis.zip
and do the following:
  1. Start Hijackthis
  2. Click on the Misc Tools button
  3. Click on the button labeled Delete a file on reboot...
  4. A new window will open asking you to select the file that you would like to delete on reboot. Navigate to the file and click on it once, and then click on the Open button.
  5. You will now be asked if you would like to reboot your computer to delete the file. Click on the Yes button if you would like to reboot now, otherwise click on the No button to reboot later.

quote copied from (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html)
jim84
Empty the recycle bin as C:recycled is the bin.
You can install this program>> http://www.ccleaner.com/ select cleaner & issues tools,it will clean out the recycle bin.
dawgg
QUOTE(jim84 @ 27.11.2006 18:47)
Empty the recycle bin as C:recycled is the bin.
You can install this program>> http://www.ccleaner.com/ select cleaner & issues tools,it will clean out the recycle bin.

isn't recycle bin in the following directory for all PCs C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-127521007..... ?

Edit... sorry, my bad... didn't realize OP was using a different language
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.