QUOTE(richbuff @ 24.02.2013 10:23)
You're welcome. There are no Kaspersky leftovers showing up in your log.
Please try with TuneupUtilities uninstalled, for two reasons. First, such applications can do more harm than good, and second, your installation of TuneupUtilities has some problems.
I took a look here, https://www.google.com/search?q=chrome+Anti...nning+this+file
and the only Kaspersky related result was this topic.
Google search this forum results in same thing: this topic is the only result.
TuneUp install may be faulty , but it's not causing this . The only thing that TuneUp did wrong , is one of the 'tasks' (that i've set! haha) which removes 2 days old system restore backups .Probably a system restore ,to the point before kaspersky install , would have fixed this . Anyway , as i said , this issue has popped up right after KAV install ,so here is more info about this issue :
"Virus Scan Failed"/"Anti-virus software failed unexpectedly while scanning this file."
As the longer description says, this indicates that anti-virus software failed
unexpectedly. We show this status when the IAttachmentExecute::Save() returns
a value other than what it's documented to return and the downloaded file was
In all the cases that we looked at, this condition indicates that something
went wrong during the scan. By default IAttachmentExecute::Save() deletes the
downloaded file. Some of the reasons why this would happen
- Downloads were blocked by security policy:
Check whether the security settings are set correctly. See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360
. For example: if a website is in a zone with a high security level (Restricted Sites zone), then downloads will be disabled from that website.
Check for malware. In one case a DLL associated with malware was registered as implementing the IOfficeAntiVirus interface. Attachment Services invokes all such implementations on the user's machine in order to scan a downloaded file. The DLL was blocked by the system causing the scan to fail and the downloaded file to be deleted.
- Misconfigured or malfunctioning anti-virus programs.
- Registry corruption:
In at least one case, the cause was corrupted or missing registration information for CLSID_InternetSecurityManager. Running 'regsvr32 urlmon.dll' could resolve this.
- Disk corruption:
Failure to load and execute an IOfficeAntiVirus implementation due to disk errors caused the scan to fail.None of these are issues with Chrome.
As a temp fix , i found this
Find this key:
Set ScanWithAntiVirus to 1.
Now downloading with chrome works again ; yay
! Also , thanks richbuff for your support !