Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Trial password
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
aspenwell
I purchased Internet Security 6 last November 23rd. I thought I activated it. I guess I didn't install the trial one first. I thought the purchase one replaced it but it didn't. Now I can't unstall the trial because I forgot my password! What am I gong to do?? sad.gif
aspenwell
CORRECTION: I guess I didn't UNINSTALL... (not install)
Don Pelotas
Hi aspenwell & welcome

You don't have to uninstall the trial because it is the same as the "full" version. What exactly is your question? unsure.gif smile.gif
aspenwell
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 23.11.2006 15:23)
Hi aspenwell & welcome

You don't have to uninstall the trial because it is the same as the "full" version. What exactly is your question?  unsure.gif  smile.gif

Hi Don,

Really? Why did I get a message telling me that I must close Kaspersky Internet Security before proceeding with installation?

Boy, it is so complicated.

I guess I have two Kaspersky Internet Suecurities in my computer. One trial is running How can I close it? Once I close it, then I will be able to install the new one.

Yeah now I know how to close it but I can't remember my password. How can I retrieve my trial password? The trial doesnt have any "forgot password?" button.
tactful
QUOTE(aspenwell @ 23.11.2006 13:42)
Hi Don,

Really?  Why did I get a message telling me that I must close Kaspersky Internet Security before proceeding with installation?

I guess I have two Kaspersky Internet Suecurities in my computer. One trial is running How can I close it?  Once I close it, then I will be able to install the new one. 

Yeah now I know how to close it but I can't remember my password.  How can I retrieve my trial password?  The trial doesnt have any "forgot password?" button.

are you saying then you do not have you license key code to enter it in the trial version to activate it?yes you will see a thing about activation before the trail is up.I know I did but had the key to.it is Not a password but is an activation code
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(aspenwell @ 23.11.2006 21:42)
Hi Don,

Really?  Why did I get a message telling me that I must close Kaspersky Internet Security before proceeding with installation?

I guess I have two Kaspersky Internet Suecurities in my computer. One trial is running How can I close it?  Once I close it, then I will be able to install the new one. 

Yeah now I know how to close it but I can't remember my password.  How can I retrieve my trial password?  The trial doesnt have any "forgot password?" button.

If you mean keyfile when you say "Password" then no, it is not required you activate the trial and that that, but since you have made a mess of it, you should uninstall from add/remove programs (exit first from the tray-icon).

Do it this way:

1. Download KisKav6Remove.zip .

2. Make a folder called Kav 6.0 on the desktop and unzip KisKavRemove into this,, then uninstall Kaspersky, reboot into safemode and run the tool (doubleclick on "avp_remove.cmd" for the 6.0 tool). Only works if installed in the default c:\ location with windows!

3. Now boot into normalmode and install Kaspersky again and use the latest version which you can download from the link in my signature..
Whizard
There is no need to Uninstall. Please follow the following knowledgebase article:

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193239310
aspenwell
Thank you all for the replies. I am truly appreciated. smile.gif

Tactful, Yes,I have my license key code but can't enter in the trial version. I kept asking me for my password. sad.gif Thank you for your help smile.gif

Don, Yes, it always ask for password. Also, I did uninstall from add/remove program but it keeps asking me for password. sad.gif Thank you for your help smile.gif

Whizard, I am going to try yours now. Thanks for the link smile.gif

Will let you know soon.
Whizard
Greetings aspenwell,

Please pay attention to the post install wizard, next time you run it. Keep in mind that passpord is optional wink.gif

all the best
aspenwell
Hi Whizard,

I am back. Cant find avp.exe in computer. How can I locate it so that I can rename the file avp.exe to temp.exe?
Don Pelotas
By following the steps in that link! wink.gif

Maybe it would easier for you to to simply uninstall it like described in my post if you're still fighting this, it will take you roughly 5-10 minutes.
Whizard
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0

Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

I wonder sometimes Don, why people dont read the manual wink.gif
Don Pelotas
Because it's so boooooring. wink.gif
aspenwell
Hey Guys,

Where is the manual?

I have the link you gave me- Here is the instructions...

n Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 and Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 the user can protect the settings of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 and Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 from changes by a password. If you have forgotten the password, it can even be impossible to mange the settings and functionality of Kaspersky Anti-Virus. To disable password-protection, do the following:

* restart your computer in safe mode
* go to the folder in which Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 or Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 was installed. By default these products are installed in the following folders:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0

Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0: C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0

rename the file avp.exe (to temp.exe for example)

So will you please give me step by step intructions as how to find the file and rename it. I did..by clicking start menu , click all programs - i see Kaspersky Internet Security 6 but there is no avp.exe in the folder. Also, in the task manager, i see avp.exe but couldn't rename it to temp.exe.

Boy, it is so frustrating. grrrrr lol
aspenwell
Why do I need it to be removed/disable?

First of all I found out that my laptop not connected to wireless network. I learned that antivirus/internet security needs to be disable in order for the wireless network to be connected.
Whizard
1) Self Defense protects critical system files from being modified intentially by users or malicious software. Depending on the product type you will need to navigate using explorer to the following direcotries:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0:
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0
OR
Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0:
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(aspenwell @ 25.11.2006 04:10)
Why do I need it to be removed/disable?

First of all I found out that my laptop not connected to wireless network.  I learned that antivirus/internet security needs to be disable in order for the wireless network to be connected.

Because you do not seem to be able to follow the instruction in the link...sorry no offense intended. wink.gif

You have now spent over one day and are getting nowhere (& frustrated too), simply uninstall 6.0 the way i suggested in post #6...it will take you 5-10 minutes!

When you reinstall 6.0.1.411, then chose the basic mode and uncheck stealth in both zones in anti-hacker, then post back. smile.gif
nickyboy4
somehow my password got changed and I could not figure out to what???
Is there any way to reset it without an uninstall in safe mode.
I did manage to turn off password using the above trouble shooter but it wont let me set up a new one because it always asks for the old one which I dont know????
tactful
QUOTE(nickyboy4 @ 4.12.2006 22:23)
somehow my password got changed and I could not figure out to what???
Is there any way to reset it without an uninstall in safe mode.
I did manage to turn off password using the above trouble shooter but it wont let me set up a new one because it always asks for the old one which I dont know????

Nick,hold the phone here!! your password got changed understood. but which one?to this forum KAV/KIS please eloborate for us if you would - Thanks
nickyboy4
QUOTE(tactful @ 5.12.2006 01:04)
Nick,hold the phone here!! your password got changed understood. but which one?to this forum KAV/KIS please eloborate for us if you would - Thanks

KIS password.
nickyboy4
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 5.12.2006 11:54)

Hi Don, The above is incorrect. That will only allow you to turn off password protection, it will not let you set a new password as it always will ask for the old one. I did the above faq 5 different times last night. It should be pointed out that some of the screen shots are slightly different in MP1, but the basics were the same. I even tried a repair install but again, if I try to change or set up a new password it always asks for the old one, which I dont know. I also cant figure out how it got changed since I have used the same password for over a year, I did check save password for the remainder of the session and may have hit something in the setting later but not that I can recall. Weird.
I sent a message to the help desk advising them of this(from the bottom of the faq trouble shooter.)
I assume my only option is a complete uninstall and reinstall. sad.gif
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(nickyboy4 @ 5.12.2006 18:05)
Hi Don, The above is incorrect.  That will only allow you to turn off password protection, it will not let you set a new password as it always will ask for the old one.  I did the above faq 5 different times last night.  It should be pointed out that some of the screen shots are slightly different in MP1, but the basics were the same.  I even tried a repair install but again, if I try to change or set up a new password it always asks for the old one, which I dont know.  I also cant figure out how it got changed since I have used the same password for over a year, I did check save password for the remainder of the session and may have hit something in the setting later but not that I can recall.  Weird.
I sent a message to the help desk advising them of this(from the bottom of the faq trouble shooter.)
I assume my only option is a complete uninstall and reinstall.  sad.gif

Then you must use the KisKavRemove.zip to remove in safemode (didn't see the part about you wanting to use a new password)............it might be a good idea to write the password down next time.
nickyboy4
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 5.12.2006 12:17)
Then you must use the KisKavRemove.zip to remove in safemode (didn't see the part about you wanting to use a new password)............it might be a good idea to write the password down next time.

I didnt change it! sad.gif ohmy.gif Not sure how it got changed, I do hope it was something I did. blink.gif
Anyway, thanks for your help as always. smile.gif
nickyboy4
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 5.12.2006 12:17)

Cant I do a normal uninstall so I can save my anti spam?
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(nickyboy4 @ 5.12.2006 18:25)
Cant I do a normal uninstall so I can save my anti spam?

How would you do that without the password you have forgotten.............ups...i mean that have been changed. wink.gif smile.gif
nickyboy4
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 5.12.2006 12:50)
How would you do that without the password you have forgotten.............ups...i mean that have been changed. wink.gif  smile.gif

The FAQ trouble shooter allowed me to shut off the password, it just wont let me set up a new one?
So as long as I can exit the program I can uninstall and save my anti spam, right?
I will try tonight when I get home. smile.gif
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(nickyboy4 @ 5.12.2006 18:57)
The FAQ trouble shooter allowed me to shut off the password, it just wont let me set up a new one?
So as long as I can exit the program I can uninstall and save my anti spam, right?
I will try tonight when I get home. smile.gif

No, not without the password....otherwise there would be no point in this option if you can circumvent it too easily.
nickyboy4
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 5.12.2006 13:16)
No, not without the password....otherwise there would be no point in this option if you can circumvent it too easily.

Hi Don, I was able to do just that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.