Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Status +/- Anti-Virus is not installed
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Business
itgregory
Hi all,

I have problem with upgrade from MP4 to KES 8.1.0.831. Some machines are not reporting back to Security Center (status is +/- Anti-Virus is not installed). KES 8 is installed on the clients (you can see in applications registry) and is running but is not communicating correctly with KSC (no policy etc). This issue occures with clean windows machines, direct upgraded from MP4 to KES, uninstall MP4 and install KES. Its is like lottery sometimes will work sometimes will not. I've pushed KES install to remote office (100 machines, 40 machines have +/- status).

I've noticed that on affected machines AVPCon.dll is missing in KES 8 directory and KES connectors reg key is missing (HKLM\Software\kasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\8.1.0.0). Is there a way to copy missing file to the KES folder (%ProgramFiles%\kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows\) from console? I'm struggling to do that from OS level (Windows 7) looks like I dont have write permission to it (I'm local admin, UAC off, tried take ownership of this folder - access denied, change permissions - access denied).

Usually Kaspersky removal tool and installation from client machine (not push install from KSC) resolving the issue but i dotn want to do that as it will take me ages (40% unsuccessful installations is a lot!).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Helmut
The install logs are very helpful to find this problem.

I guess you don´t uninstall version 6.x before.

I advise allways to uninstall the old version then reboot and install the new version.
itgregory
Hi Helmut,

I've attached logs from machine where I've uninstalled MP4 before I've pushed KES 8. Twice happend to brand new machine from (WIN 7 straight from box). Installation KES/KAV is/was like a lottery and to be fair Kaspersky installation was always a pain and I would not upgrade it MP4 at all but Kaspersky decied to shut support for it.

Thanks
Helmut
QUOTE(itgregory @ 23.11.2012 14:53) *
Hi Helmut,

MP4 at all but Kaspersky decied to shut support for it.

Thanks

EoL for this version is 2014/10/12.

Is the log from a client where the installation failed?

It shows: Installation completed successfully

Can you create a GSI?
itgregory
QUOTE(Helmut @ 23.11.2012 14:00) *
EoL for this version is 2014/10/12.

EOL is 2014 (only DB updates) End of support was 2013 Oct 12. BTW most of my machines are on .1212 version which is EOL

Is the log from a client where the installation failed?

It shows: Installation completed successfully

KES is installed correctly only from KSC I can see Status +/- and KSC is saying that Antivirus is not installed, therefore cannot push policy and taks to client

Can you create a GSI?

I'll get this one next week as client is out of office today.
itgregory
Hi Helmut,

Attached GSI for review.

I've run test on the other machine and copied AVCon.dll file to random location (in my case %ProgramFiles%\Kaspersky Lab) and create reg keys to point to it
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0]
@=""
"ProdVersion"="8.1.0.831"
"ProdDisplayName"="Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows"
"ConnectorVersion"="8.1.0.831"
"ConnectorDll"="C:\\Program Files\\Kaspersky Lab\\AVPCon.dll"
"ConnectorFlags"=dword:00018de5
"NagentMinVer"=dword:00060000

reboot and its communicating fine. Now I need to find a way how can I copy to Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows and i could script it. Very very annoying.
Helmut
One problem is Dell Embassy and second is Check Point Endpoint Security.

Please uninstall both and try again.
itgregory
Helmut,

Thanks for your input. I'm not sure why you're saying that there is a problem with these applications. According to kaspersky list (http://support.kaspersky.com/7003) there is no mention re these.
Checkpoint Endpoint Security (CES) is our drive encryption software and there is no way i will uninstall it (if that is the case I'm swaping kaspersky to other solution). All my clients have CES installed.

Another question is why everything is "coming" to live if I'll copy AVPCon.dll manually and create registry key? Of course I can remove KES locally and do "pull" install but this is not answer for even medium size company.
Helmut
This applications are listened as possible incompatible.

Please use search function for "Embassy" and you will find a lot of threads.
M_Z
u should delete those computers from the managed computer list also from the unassigned computers then add them again, try this if it works, or u can search for the name of a single computer to see whether there is only one desktop for the name, as problems are reported that a single pc have multiple names due to which security center shows +/- status on that computer. u can search a pc by its name by right clicking on the administrator server tab in security center. rolleyes.gif
itgregory
OK, update on how I've "solve" this problem

1. I've disabled Self-defense on clients
2. copy AVPCon.dll file to correct location (c:\program Files\kaspersky lab\kaspersky endpoint security 8 for windows - for x86 systems)
3. register dll
4. merge registry with keys from my previous posts

That's it communication restores, policies pushed and working, tasks pushed and working. Next step will be to push installation without Self-defense enabled. Shame that i have to disable self-defense from GUI on client to be able to copy AVPCon file to correct location.
phileddies
Hi,

I have the exact same problem as itgregory, doing the following has also got me going again.

I have no idea why this started happening to my new deploys

1. I've disabled Self-defense on clients
2. copy AVPCon.dll file to correct location (c:\program Files\kaspersky lab\kaspersky endpoint security 8 for windows - for x86 systems)
3. register dll
4. merge registry with keys from my previous posts
phileddies
I have an incident open with Kaspersky INC000000951403
phileddies
Hi,

Support have replied with the following, I will give it a test and let you knwo how I get on.

Hi Philip,

This is now a known issue and there has been a patch released to resolve the issue. Please find attached and please go to the following article for instruction on creating the patch installation package: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208286731

Please test this on a client in question and let me know if this helps you and if you need any more assistance with this, please don’t hesitate to come back to me.
patch_pf4.zip

You can respond to this email leaving the subject field unchanged (INC000000951403) to submit the information. You can attach files to the email.

Best regards,
Kaspersky Lab Customer Service

complexxL9
QUOTE(phileddies @ 4.12.2012 19:21) *
Hi,

Support have replied with the following, I will give it a test and let you knwo how I get on.

Good news, is this patch available for public download? I would like to test it also.
phileddies
QUOTE(complexxL9 @ 4.12.2012 18:53) *
Good news, is this patch available for public download? I would like to test it also.

I am not sure, the download link they gave me pointed to a ftp folder with my call log number rather than going to a general download page.

It may be best to raise a log and mention my ref number.

I am going to do some testing tomorrow.

Phil
complexxL9
QUOTE(phileddies @ 4.12.2012 23:03) *
I am not sure, the download link they gave me pointed to a ftp folder with my call log number rather than going to a general download page.

It may be best to raise a log and mention my ref number.

I am going to do some testing tomorrow.

Phil

Hey, any news?
phileddies
QUOTE(complexxL9 @ 5.12.2012 16:54) *
Hey, any news?

It did not seem to make any difference I am talking to support again sad.gif
complexxL9
Please post back if you get this resolved, thanks.
itgregory
I've got reply from Kaspersky too. The "script" what they've send me is doing same thing as my "script" (its a private patch as far as I'm aware) its more tidy than mine tho. The only problem I have is that still need to disable Self-defence manually. Kaspersky support is saying that they are waiting for script form HQ that will bypass Self-defense.

Still the root cause in unknown and no one from support is even trying to find it out (unless they didnt ask me for any logs etc).

@phileddies did you checked that this script placed AVPCon.dll file on the client and merge reg keys? Did you disabled Self-defense before pu9shing this patch? If Self-Defense is on and you push the patch it will not work even KSC will say theat patch has been applied successful.
WinBug
QUOTE(phileddies @ 5.12.2012 21:37) *
It did not seem to make any difference I am talking to support again sad.gif

please keep us informed with what is happening with your case from kaspersky labs and if there is any news , i had this problem dry.gif
navid nikpey
please Check With Network Agent8 and Tell we your problem is solved or not...
complexxL9
QUOTE(navid nikpey @ 10.12.2012 08:29) *

where do I get agent8 if I deleted it from repository?
complexxL9
QUOTE(navid nikpey @ 10.12.2012 08:29) *

endpoint security 8 is not compatible with agent below 9.0 it won't install with agent 8.
phileddies
QUOTE(itgregory @ 9.12.2012 17:15) *
I've got reply from Kaspersky too. The "script" what they've send me is doing same thing as my "script" (its a private patch as far as I'm aware) its more tidy than mine tho. The only problem I have is that still need to disable Self-defence manually. Kaspersky support is saying that they are waiting for script form HQ that will bypass Self-defense.

Still the root cause in unknown and no one from support is even trying to find it out (unless they didnt ask me for any logs etc).

@phileddies did you checked that this script placed AVPCon.dll file on the client and merge reg keys? Did you disabled Self-defense before pu9shing this patch? If Self-Defense is on and you push the patch it will not work even KSC will say theat patch has been applied successful.

Thanks for the reply, I did not disable Self-defense I guess that is why it made no difference

How are you disabling selft defense? The only way I can see to do it is either with a Enpoint Security policy which the effected clients never get because they don't talk to the server or manually on each client.

I also have not been asked for any logs etc, I can only guess they know the cause but they don't want to admit they have messed up somewhere
itgregory
QUOTE(phileddies @ 13.12.2012 15:44) *
Thanks for the reply, I did not disable Self-defense I guess that is why it made no difference

How are you disabling selft defense? The only way I can see to do it is either with a Enpoint Security policy which the effected clients never get because they don't talk to the server or manually on each client.

I also have not been asked for any logs etc, I can only guess they know the cause but they don't want to admit they have messed up somewhere

I'm afraid you need to do this on client machine. I'm trying to find a way how to bypass Self-defense as Kasprsky support is refusing to cretae a patch that will bypass self-defense.

This is so annoying! the decision has been made that I will not renew Kaspersky and go to diffrent solution next time! I rather spend my time to deploy solution witch will work and I will not have to spend hours to find fixes by myself. kasprsky SHOULD concentrate their effort bit more in deployment as this part is very very important for enterprise and advise like "uninstall and install again" is crap!
WinBug
QUOTE(itgregory @ 17.12.2012 14:23) *
I'm afraid you need to do this on client machine. I'm trying to find a way how to bypass Self-defense as Kasprsky support is refusing to cretae a patch that will bypass self-defense.

This is so annoying! the decision has been made that I will not renew Kaspersky and go to diffrent solution next time! I rather spend my time to deploy solution witch will work and I will not have to spend hours to find fixes by myself. kasprsky SHOULD concentrate their effort bit more in deployment as this part is very very important for enterprise and advise like "uninstall and install again" is crap!

Hello dear this what i had talked about in the forum no such effort from kaspersky labs no one is listening whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy their is such problems with it's products before it was less now it is so much annoying i cant imagine i have more than 500 pc's and now i want to purchase 200 license more but am curios about these problems any one is reading our posts tell kaspersky about these notesssssssss bravo.gif
sambob
Hey guys,

Here's how I fixed that issue.

Short version: I had to create a setup.ini file with SelfProtection=0 then put that in install package that was being deployed.

Long version:

Download the setup.ini file from this kaspersky webpage : http://support.kaspersky.com/7217

Change SelfProtection=1 to SelfProtection=0

Copy that to the root of your Kaspersky security center kaspersky endpoint security installation directory, the directory that has setup.exe in it.

Now when you deploy that particular installation, it will work like its supposed to.

Hope that helps someone smile.gif
j-gray
QUOTE(sambob @ 20.12.2012 08:41) *
Hey guys,

Here's how I fixed that issue.

Short version: I had to create a setup.ini file with SelfProtection=0 then put that in install package that was being deployed.

Long version:

Download the setup.ini file from this kaspersky webpage : http://support.kaspersky.com/7217

Change SelfProtection=1 to SelfProtection=0

Copy that to the root of your Kaspersky security center kaspersky endpoint security installation directory, the directory that has setup.exe in it.

Now when you deploy that particular installation, it will work like its supposed to.

Hope that helps someone smile.gif

My understanding is that this only works for command line and GPO installs, not push installs via the KSC, correct?
sambob
QUOTE(j-gray @ 20.12.2012 09:23) *
My understanding is that this only works for command line and GPO installs, not push installs via the KSC, correct?

Actually, I'm using it in both command line installs and KSC push installs. I just made sure I copied the modified setup.ini to the root directory of my installation package. In my case that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Security Center\Share\Packages\KES_8.1.0.831(2)\.

Seems to be working for me!
Platini98
This occurs when installing Endpoint 8 is performed with the databases already included in the installation directory. For example: D: \ Share \ Packages \ KES_8.1.0.831 \ exec \ Bases

These bases are included in the package, when it held the first update of the repository server makes a change in the package that prevents the Network Agent to recognize the Endpoint at the station.

Delete the installation package by default endpoint that is created and perform loading another package without checking the option to update the bases as attached image.

Thus the Network Agent will recognize the endpoint and after the next update will not have too many problems.
hafeez.rehmaan

QUOTE(Platini98 @ 22.12.2012 02:22) *
This occurs when installing Endpoint 8 is performed with the databases already included in the installation directory. For example: D: \ Share \ Packages \ KES_8.1.0.831 \ exec \ Bases

These bases are included in the package, when it held the first update of the repository server makes a change in the package that prevents the Network Agent to recognize the Endpoint at the station.

Delete the installation package by default endpoint that is created and perform loading another package without checking the option to update the bases as attached image.

Thus the Network Agent will recognize the endpoint and after the next update will not have too many problems.

dear platini,
is this only way to fix problem! i did the update of the package before deploying the KES on the clients it is working fine on some computers and some computers it is not same +/-! secondly i would like to add some thing here that is i dont how and when all the protection components in the remote installation package of KES got unchecked automatically!!
mardios
Hello
I also have this problem and for the moment, I use a software which I created with Nsis.

For the explanations: I write in the Windows Registry, that the application is there.
here :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer

Here is the code source:

CODE
; Define your application name
!define APPNAME "Fix Connexion Kaspersky"
!define APPVERSION "1.0.0.3"
!define APPNAMEANDVERSION "Repare connexion Kaspersky Agent"
!define PUBLISHER "Mardios"
!define FILENAME "FIX-CONNEXION"

!include x64.nsh
!include LogicLib.nsh

AutoCloseWindow false
SilentInstall normal

VIAddVersionKey "ProductName" "${APPNAME}"
VIAddVersionKey "CompanyName" "${PUBLISHER}"
VIAddVersionKey "LegalTrademarks" "${APPNAME} est une marque déposée de ${PUBLISHER}"
VIAddVersionKey "LegalCopyright" "© 2013 ${PUBLISHER}"
VIAddVersionKey "FileDescription" "Fix Kaspersky Agent"
VIAddVersionKey "Comments" "Finally solved my own problems"
VIAddVersionKey "ProductVersion" "1.3"
VIAddVersionKey "FileVersion" "${APPVERSION}"
VIAddVersionKey "MySelfDefinedField" "123-55433-7654"
VIAddVersionKey "OriginalFilename" "${FILENAME}.exe"

VIProductVersion "${APPVERSION}"

; Main Install settings
Name "${APPNAMEANDVERSION}"
InstallDir "c:\login\AVP"
OutFile "${FILENAME}.exe"

!macro FindIt In For Result
Push "${In}"
Push "${For}"
Call FindIt
Pop "${Result}"
!macroend
!define FindIt "!insertmacro FindIt"

Function FindIt
Exch $R0
Exch
Exch $R1
Push $R2
Push $R3
Push $R4
Push $R5
Push $R6

StrCpy $R6 -1
StrCpy $R3 1

Push $R1

nextDir:
Pop $R1
IntOp $R3 $R3 - 1
ClearErrors
FindFirst $R5 $R2 "$R1\*.*"

nextFile:
StrCmp $R2 "." gotoNextFile
StrCmp $R2 ".." gotoNextFile

StrCmp $R2 $R0 0 isDir
StrCpy $R6 "$R1\$R2"
loop:
StrCmp $R3 0 done
Pop $R1
IntOp $R3 $R3 - 1
Goto loop

isDir:

IfFileExists "$R1\$R2\*.*" 0 gotoNextFile
IntOp $R3 $R3 + 1
Push "$R1\$R2"

gotoNextFile:
FindNext $R5 $R2
IfErrors 0 nextFile

done:
FindClose $R5
StrCmp $R3 0 0 nextDir
StrCpy $R0 $R6

Pop $R6
Pop $R5
Pop $R4
Pop $R3
Pop $R2
Pop $R1
Exch $R0
FunctionEnd

Section Connexion

${If} ${RunningX64}
DetailPrint "Installer running on 64-bit host"
EnumRegValue $1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\SetupFolders" $0
ReadRegStr $2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\SetupFolders" $1
Push $2avp.exe
Pop $4
MoreInfo::GetProductName $4
Pop $5
MoreInfo::GetFileVersion $4
Pop $6
${If} $1 == "WKS6MP4"

WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics" "" ""
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvRunning" 0x1
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvInstalled" 0x1
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ProdVersion" "$6"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ProdDisplayName" "$5"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ConnectorVersion" "$6"
${FindIt} "$PROGRAMFILES32\Kaspersky Lab" "AVPCON.DLL" "$R0"
DetailPrint "$R0"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ConnectorDll" "$R0"
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ConnectorFlags" 0xde5
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "NagentMinVer" 0x70000
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "UninstallString" "msiexec.exe /x{1B419CE6-A1AA-4207-8581-A414BE9C7B85} /qn"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "UninstallString3" "msiexec.exe /x{1B419CE6-A1AA-4207-8581-A414BE9C7B85} /qn KLUNINSTPWDHEX=\$\"%p\$\" KLSETUPDIR=\$\"%d\$\" AKINSTALL=1"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "UninstallString3KPD" "$PROGRAMFILES32\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4\uninstall.kpd"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "ProductCode" "{1B419CE6-A1AA-4207-8581-A414BE9C7B85}"

${Else}

WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics" "" ""
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvRunning" 0x1
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvInstalled" 0x1
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ProdVersion" "$6"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ProdDisplayName" "$5"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ConnectorVersion" "$6"
DetailPrint "$R0"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ConnectorDll" "$R0"
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ConnectorFlags" 0x18de5
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "NagentMinVer" 0x60000
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "UninstallString" "msiexec.exe /x{D72DD679-A3EC-4FCF-AFAF-12E2552450B6} /qn"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "UninstallString3" "msiexec.exe /x{D72DD679-A3EC-4FCF-AFAF-12E2552450B6} /qn KLPASSWDHEX=\$\"%p\$\" KLSETUPDIR=\$\"%d\$\" AKINSTALL=1"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "UninstallString3KPD" "$PROGRAMFILES32\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows\uninstall.kud"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "ProductCode" "{D72DD679-A3EC-4FCF-AFAF-12E2552450B6}"

${EndIf}
Goto QUIT
${Else}
DetailPrint "Installer running on 32-bit host"
EnumRegValue $1 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\SetupFolders" $0
ReadRegStr $2 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\SetupFolders" $1
Push $2avp.exe
Pop $4
MoreInfo::GetProductName $4
Pop $5
MoreInfo::GetFileVersion $4
Pop $6
${If} $1 == "WKS6MP4"

WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics" "" ""
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvRunning" 0x1
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvInstalled" 0x1
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ProdVersion" "$6"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ProdDisplayName" "$5"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ConnectorVersion" "$6"
DetailPrint "$R0"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ConnectorDll" "$R0"
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "ConnectorFlags" 0xde5
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0" "NagentMinVer" 0x70000
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "UninstallString" "msiexec.exe /x{1B419CE6-A1AA-4207-8581-A414BE9C7B85} /qn"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "UninstallString3" "msiexec.exe /x{1B419CE6-A1AA-4207-8581-A414BE9C7B85} /qn KLUNINSTPWDHEX=\$\"%p\$\" KLSETUPDIR=\$\"%d\$\" AKINSTALL=1"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "UninstallString3KPD" "$PROGRAMFILES32\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4\uninstall.kpd"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer" "ProductCode" "{1B419CE6-A1AA-4207-8581-A414BE9C7B85}"

${Else}

WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics" "" ""
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvRunning" 0x1
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState" "Protection_AvInstalled" 0x1
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ProdVersion" "$6"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ProdDisplayName" "$5"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ConnectorVersion" "$6"
DetailPrint "$R0"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ConnectorDll" "$R0"
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "ConnectorFlags" 0x18de5
WriteRegDWORD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES\8.1.0.0" "NagentMinVer" 0x60000
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "" ""
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "UninstallString" "msiexec.exe /x{D72DD679-A3EC-4FCF-AFAF-12E2552450B6} /qn"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "UninstallString3" "msiexec.exe /x{D72DD679-A3EC-4FCF-AFAF-12E2552450B6} /qn KLPASSWDHEX=\$\"%p\$\" KLSETUPDIR=\$\"%d\$\" AKINSTALL=1"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "UninstallString3KPD" "$PROGRAMFILES32\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows\uninstall.kud"
WriteRegStr HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE "SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer" "ProductCode" "{D72DD679-A3EC-4FCF-AFAF-12E2552450B6}"

${EndIf}

${EndIf}

QUIT:

${FindIt} "$PROGRAMFILES32\Kaspersky Lab" "klmover.exe" "$R3"
DetailPrint "$R3"
;ADD
ExecWait '"$R3" -dupfix -silent' $0
DetailPrint "$0"

SectionEnd

BrandingText "2013 Mardios"

This software correct the bug, but if you relaunch the installation of the agent, the problem returns.

Good luck
WinBug
please explain more i didnt understand i had this problem i opened a case and waiting
mardios
QUOTE(WinBug @ 5.01.2013 11:35) *
please explain more i didnt understand i had this problem i opened a case and waiting

The technique is that:
1 - Check the agent configuration, you must know if the agent talk with your server, test a remote diagnostic. If it was ok go to the step 2, if not reinstall your netagent.
2 - Check the registry > you must have add in computer like that ( dash1.gif you must check the value in the computer work)
WorkStation MP4
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer
KES 8.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KES
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KES\8.1.0.0\Installer

CODE
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\1103\1.0.0.0\Statistics\AVState]
"Protection_AvInstalled"=dword:00000001
"Protection_AvRunning"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors]
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\Connectors\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0]
@=""
"ProdVersion"="6.0.4.1611"
"ProdDisplayName"="Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations"
"ConnectorVersion"="6.0.4.1611"
"ConnectorDll"="%PROGRAMFILES%\\Kaspersky Lab\\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\\avpcon.dll"
"ConnectorFlags"=dword:00000de5
"NagentMinVer"=dword:00070000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Components\34\KAVWKS6\6.0.4.0\Installer]
@=""
"UninstallString"="msiexec.exe /x{8F023021-A7EB-45D3-9269-D65264C81729} /qn"
"UninstallString3"="msiexec.exe /x{8F023021-A7EB-45D3-9269-D65264C81729} /qn KLUNINSTPWDHEX=\"%p\" KLSETUPDIR=\"%d\" AKINSTALL=1"
"UninstallString3KPD"="C:\\Program Files\\Kaspersky Lab\\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4\\uninstall.kpd"
"ProductCode"="{8F023021-A7EB-45D3-9269-D65264C81729}"

3 - Rearm your agent with klmover.exe -dupfix

i hope to answer you question
KWGS
This is still an issue, even with the current release.

I was told that the problem was due to my having a previous installation of KAV 6 + admin.

Well, to eliminate those accusations. I wiped my administration machine completely. SQL, KSC, etc. - all gone.

I reinstalled for the packages available on the Kaspersky site today.

I re-added machines from the domain list-

And lo and behold! Wouldn't you know, I only had 8 of 200+ machines that actually connected.

Even after trying the klmover / klfix / reg hack etc., the best way I've found is to use the kavremoval tool on each machine and manually remove BOTH the KAV EP 8 and the NetAgent
And BEFORE REBOOTING the client machine, deleting any and all references to the machine listed on the KSC Administration server- this includes searching multiple times.

Then reboot the client machine and reinstall.

This works, BUT - THIS IS NOT PRACTICAL.

Because if you use the reg hack and then God forbid you start the netagent install again, you're back to square one.

If I had known that upgrading to the newest version of KAV / KSC was going to be such a disaster, I would have never done it- or I would have went with another product.

I've called the support number numerous times on this issue and they've either made excuses, blamed my systems, or told me to 'uninstall and reinstall'

This is a significant problem for administrators- deployment, especially for remote users is a nightmare when you have to access the client machine.

This shouldn't be such a difficult thing: getting the KAV to connect to the Netagent and talk.

I'm sorely disappointed that Kaspersky's Support is seemingly gone down the tubes. Until this is rectified and a working and functional patch is released I'm going to bad-mouth Kaspersky until I'm blue in the face.
Many weeks wasted on this crap.

agucie
i think this problem is agent. try to re-install agent. make sure the connection [using domain/ip]
unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.