Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Traffic Monitor alerts since windows 8 install
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
hairykewell
Hi, ever since I installed windows 8, I have been receiving numerous traffic monitor alerts. Eg. Cannot guarantee the security of the encrypted connection between Windows SQM Consolidator and 65.52.103.247 because it is impossible to check the website authentication certificate. Website address: 65.52.103.247 (*phx.gbl).

It then asks whether I trust the website, I've clicked yes even though its not recommended because as far as I can see they are Microsoft IP addresses.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
dawadulma
QUOTE(hairykewell @ 6.11.2012 17:52) *
Hi, ever since I installed windows 8, I have been receiving numerous traffic monitor alerts. Eg. Cannot guarantee the security of the encrypted connection between Windows SQM Consolidator and 65.52.103.247 because it is impossible to check the website authentication certificate. Website address: 65.52.103.247 (*phx.gbl).

It then asks whether I trust the website, I've clicked yes even though its not recommended because as far as I can see they are Microsoft IP addresses.

Hi, I have the same problem and was looking for the solution to having to okay the same message over and over. I want to know... if it's safe, how many times do we have to accept the certificate with the same number? I get numerous messages from different programs, ALL originating from Microsoft, though usually a 3rd party. How do we get Kaspersky to remember the choice made? I did "Google" the 3rd party and they are part of the Microsoft service... "Telemetry". Thanks for any help! smile.gif
AVSS
Hello,

I have been experiencing pop ups from the Traffic Monitor to accept certificate or deny. Why has this just started happening??? Win 8 Dell XPS 8500

This particular one has icon of Window Explorer and says the following: Cannot guarantee the security of the encrypted connection between Windows Explorer and 65.52.98.7 because it is impossible to check the website authentication certificate. Website address 65.52.98.7(*phx.gbl) Upon viewing certificate appears to be from Microsoft Secure Server 2011 and issued to : telemetry.microsoft. com. I deny (as recommended) however they still continue to pop up. Can anyone please assist me, please as I am not sure how to find a resolution. I thank you for any assistance..not tech savvy..but can follow directions. I do not want to deny if it should be accepted, also the certificate status says this certificate is OK. Is it something I am doing wrong...Kaspersky Green Ran full scan/vulnerability/and critical 2days ago...every thing was fine.
Nikolay Arinchev
Hi,

COuld you provide us with a screenshot of a pop-up - http://support.kaspersky.com/492

and GSI log - http://support.kaspersky.com/3632
AVSS
QUOTE(Nikolay Arinchev @ 25.04.2013 16:46) *
Hi,

COuld you provide us with a screenshot of a pop-up - http://support.kaspersky.com/492

and GSI log - http://support.kaspersky.com/3632

Thank you for your response. As soon as it happens again today I will send the screenshot and a GSI log. I did notice that my version has been updated to 13.0.1.4190(g) . not exactly sure when I believe it could have been yesterday as that is when I noticed it. When turned on computer this morning I have not had the pop ups. However, they may come back later...hopefully not. I will follow-up with another reply later one way or the other. I appreciate everyone w/Kaspersky! Thanks
AVSS
QUOTE(AVSS @ 26.04.2013 08:24) *
Thank you for your response. As soon as it happens again today I will send the screenshot and a GSI log. I did notice that my version has been updated to 13.0.1.4190(g) . not exactly sure when I believe it could have been yesterday as that is when I noticed it. When turned on computer this morning I have not had the pop ups. However, they may come back later...hopefully not. I will follow-up with another reply later one way or the other. I appreciate everyone w/Kaspersky! Thanks

Hello, I am back with the screen shots. I will work on getting you the GIS file. Thought you could use this for now. Much appreciated.Click to view attachment Hopefully I did this correctly original was larger than allowed 300K.
AVSS
QUOTE(AVSS @ 26.04.2013 13:38) *
Hello, I am back with the screen shots. I will work on getting you the GIS file. Thought you could use this for now. Much appreciated.Click to view attachment Hopefully I did this correctly original was larger than allowed 300K.

Hello, if you could please offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I was able to sent you the screen shot yesterday. However for some reason I am unable to attach GSI report states larger than 300K I was also attempting to send a new pop up just received after booting up computer this morning. Is it possible to get something from what you already have or is there another way to forward the GSI report.??? Thanks
AVSS
QUOTE(AVSS @ 27.04.2013 09:11) *
Hello, if you could please offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated. I was able to sent you the screen shot yesterday. However for some reason I am unable to attach GSI report states larger than 300K I was also attempting to send a new pop up just received after booting up computer this morning. Is it possible to get something from what you already have or is there another way to forward the GSI report.??? Thanks

Finally here is my GSI file.
richbuff
QUOTE(AVSS @ 27.04.2013 09:26) *
Finally here is my GSI file.
No, it is not. You attached the GSI Utility. Please try again, and then await reply from Nikolay Arinchev. smile.gif
AVSS
QUOTE(richbuff @ 27.04.2013 18:03) *
No, it is not. You attached the GSI Utility. Please try again, and then await reply from Nikolay Arinchev. smile.gif

Ok I believe I have done it properly..Here is my GSI report. Sorry for the delay. Still learning. I do believe Kaspersky Team is the BEST!

Click to view attachment
3x0gR13N
Make sure that you've installed all available updates for Windows 8.

Also, your event log states: "A fatal alert was received from the remote endpoint. The TLS protocol defined fatal alert code is 47". It could indicate a problem with the connection/certificate itself: https://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaushal/archive/20...lert-codes.aspx
illegal_parameter
Violated security parameters, such as a field in the handshake was out of range or inconsistent with other fields. This is always fatal.

I would also contact official support, in addition to waiting for a possible solution here.
AVSS
QUOTE(3x0gR13N @ 28.04.2013 12:12) *

Also, your event log states: "A fatal alert was received from the remote endpoint. The TLS protocol defined fatal alert code is 47". It could indicate a problem with the connection/certificate itself: https://blogs.msdn.com/b/kaushal/archive/20...lert-codes.aspx
I would also contact official support, in addition to waiting for a possible solution here.

Thanks you for your reply 3x0gR13N, All Windows updates have been installed, I usually check once a day even though the are set to automatic. I have looked over the information on the link you provided, however I am not tech saavy sad.gif By "contact official support", you do mean I should open a report with Kaspersky Lab? Again Thank you
AVSS
QUOTE(dawadulma @ 22.03.2013 10:02) *
Hi, I have the same problem and was looking for the solution to having to okay the same message over and over. I want to know... if it's safe, how many times do we have to accept the certificate with the same number? I get numerous messages from different programs, ALL originating from Microsoft, though usually a 3rd party. How do we get Kaspersky to remember the choice made? I did "Google" the 3rd party and they are part of the Microsoft service... "Telemetry". Thanks for any help! smile.gif

Hi,

I too have begun receiving this same traffic monitor (exact)..You may review the answers to my postings. I have not gotten a solution as of yet. I even contacted Microsoft and they said it had to do with Kaspersky and to let them know what I am told. My next step I believe is to send the report to Kaspersky Lab. My Kaspersky has updated its version to (g)..I believe that is when it started. Hope this helps.
3x0gR13N
QUOTE(AVSS @ 29.04.2013 18:37) *
By "contact official support", you do mean I should open a report with Kaspersky Lab?

Yes, it increases the likelihood of getting the issue resolved. http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html
In the meantime, you can temporarily disable scanning of encrypted connections in the Settings window go to the Advanced Settings tab (4th one), select Network, select "Do not scan encrypted connections". This will for example affect Parental control- it won't be able to block websites using secure connections.
AVSS
QUOTE(3x0gR13N @ 29.04.2013 09:49) *
Yes, it increases the likelihood of getting the issue resolved. http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html
In the meantime, you can temporarily disable scanning of encrypted connections in the Settings window go to the Advanced Settings tab (4th one), select Network, select "Do not scan encrypted connections". This will for example affect Parental control- it won't be able to block websites using secure connections.

Thank you very much. I do believe it started after the update of new version (g). Having seen other posts. Thank you so much for your support to the forum..especially to those like me
(not that saavy) smile.gif
Alexander Fillipov
Hello,

Anyone who suffers from that problem, you may refer to this thread http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2028784

The problem is still under investigation, but I suggest you to create support requests here https://my.kaspersky.com/. The more requests, more likely problem will be fixed soon.
dawadulma
dash1.gif
QUOTE(3x0gR13N @ 28.04.2013 14:12) *

I was having the same issue and suddenly it stopped. I was thinking Microsoft updated something that made Kaspersky recognize their certificates... but, at the same time, I no longer see the Kaspersky Safe Money popping up when I fill out a payment either, or look at a financial account. I tried to address that problem but have not been able to figure out what happened. When I look for the accounts that I added when prompted, there's nothing listed.

Why don't things work as they are supposed to? (Read whine!) I paid good money for the program, and it should work. dash1.gif
AVSS
QUOTE(3x0gR13N @ 29.04.2013 09:49) *

If I select "Do not scan encrypted connection" will this possibly allow for my computer to have problems. I have not gotten much help from the KIS Lab. Perhaps my request of "system problems" was not the right selection. I have tried to respond and have not received any reply. Not sure if I should open new report??? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
krummel503
Well, add me to the list but I don't have Win8, I have Win7 and the traffic monitor pop up just started about a week ago. "Can not guarantee the security of the encrypted connection between Internet Explorer and 65.52.103.247 because it is impossible to check the website authentication certificate." I'm using IE10, and had no problem before last week. Can anyone please explain what is wrong? I am a little old lady (well maybe not so little lol) who is not that tech savvy.
richbuff
Welcome. Let's start off with a peek at the basic particulars. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.
anbw
so ,,, is there actually an answer some where in all this.... I just hate wasting my time like this...

QUOTE(hairykewell @ 6.11.2012 16:52) *

Did you ever get an answer to this.... I have the traffic monitor ..pop us all the time.... says it's from Kaspersky... then says they advise to deny trusting it...
Kaspersky !

edit: merged two posts.
richbuff
QUOTE(Alexander Fillipov @ 29.04.2013 18:14) *
Hello,

Anyone who suffers from that problem, you may refer to this thread http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2028784

The problem is still under investigation, but I suggest you to create support requests here https://my.kaspersky.com/. The more requests, more likely problem will be fixed soon.
Quote: "The problem is still under investigation, but I suggest you to create support requests here https://my.kaspersky.com/. The more requests, more likely problem will be fixed soon."
celsurf
QUOTE(richbuff @ 22.08.2013 03:58) *
Welcome. Let's start off with a peek at the basic particulars. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Was this ever resolved ? Add me to the list of those suffering from this problem.

Are you people waiting for people to get fed up and choose 'Accept' ?
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(celsurf @ 14.01.2014 17:44) *
Was this ever resolved ? Add me to the list of those suffering from this problem.

Are you people waiting for people to get fed up and choose 'Accept' ?

Do you have it on 2014 version?
Zerohedge
I have Kaspersky on a Toshiba with Windows 8.1 and everything was great till I did a BIOS update. Then I got messages that the operating system is not presently configured to run this application and Traffic Monitor came on excessively. After I set the BIOS to UEFI, reset the BIOS to default, refreshed the operating system, and uninstalled then reinstalled Kaspersky, the problems vanished. You should first try to find a system restore point that was set before you started having problems so you don't have to do as much as I did. Toshiba default memory space for restore is small so it's a good idea to increase it because it deletes restore points as it creates new ones.

Also you need to configure certificates by going to Settings -> Additional Tab -> Network -> Install Certificate button -> Click Certificate Information link -> Install Certificate button then follow the steps in the dialog (I accepted the defaults). Once thru with that part you should still have a dialog open that's titled "Welcome to the Certificate Installation Wizard." Follow the steps of that dialog. If you have Mozilla, it will tell you to do a manual install, and the wizard will supply instructions.
Zerohedge
QUOTE(Zerohedge @ 23.11.2014 08:30) *
I have Kaspersky on a Toshiba with Windows 8.1 and everything was great till I did a BIOS update. Then I got messages that the operating system is not presently configured to run this application and Traffic Monitor came on excessively. After I set the BIOS to UEFI, reset the BIOS to default, refreshed the operating system, and uninstalled then reinstalled Kaspersky, the problems vanished. You should first try to find a system restore point that was set before you started having problems so you don't have to do as much as I did. Toshiba default memory space for restore is small so it's a good idea to increase it because it deletes restore points as it creates new ones.

Also you need to configure certificates by going to Settings -> Additional Tab -> Network -> Install Certificate button -> Click Certificate Information link -> Install Certificate button then follow the steps in the dialog (I accepted the defaults). Once thru with that part you should still have a dialog open that's titled "Welcome to the Certificate Installation Wizard." Follow the steps of that dialog. If you have Mozilla, it will tell you to do a manual install, and the wizard will supply instructions.

I meant to add that the BIOS update went wrong. If it hadn't, I don't know if I would even have had to reinstall Kaspersky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.