Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Does Safe Money work with Firefox 16.0.1?
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
BobBob
OK, I have downloaded and installed KIS 2013 and all seems to work fine (Thanks to clear instructions in Don Pelotas' IMPORTANT postings) so far.

I opened my Firefox 16.0.1, which is set as my default browser, and verified, as previously reported by several others on the Forum, that the following KIS Add-Ons are not compatible and are listed as disabled with Firefox 16.0.1:
Safe Money
Virtual Keyboard
URL Advisor
Content Blocker
However, The KIS Anti Banner Add On was listed as compatible and was active.

I opened KIS and added two banking websites to Safe Money and closed the Safe Money dialog box. Then I clicked on Safe Money from the KIS Main Menu and voila! Up came Firefox 16.0.1 in a special frame outlined with a red line. I entered the log on info and the website opened. Was I in Safe Money mode? Does Safe Money work with Firefox 16.0.1 but just does not activate as an Add On? Thanks for your reply.
KasperUser_Michael
No, the majority of KIS add-ons are currently incompatible with 16.0.1. Safe Money is denoted by a window outlined in green.
wolfeyes
QUOTE(KasperUser_Michael @ 23.10.2012 07:42) *
No, the majority of KIS add-ons are currently incompatible with 16.0.1. Safe Money is denoted by a window outlined in green.

Not compatible with 16.0.2 either - is Kaspersky ever going to provide an update??
davethorp
QUOTE(wolfeyes @ 26.10.2012 20:14) *
Not compatible with 16.0.2 either - is Kaspersky ever going to provide an update??

Yes. Probably when firefox 19 comes out laugh3.gif
wolfeyes
QUOTE(davethorp @ 27.10.2012 14:46) *
Yes. Probably when firefox 19 comes out laugh3.gif

Unfortunately, that statement has more truth to it than we know.

Well done Kaspersky, you advertise ("SAFE MONEY, VIRTUAL KEYBOARD, etc) and fail to actually provide that service when browsers upgrade - well done.
zeljko.n
when you learn how anti virus software functions thah you will be able to criticize.Every software must be tested and make some adjustments....if you think that i easy than call kaspersky Labs and tell them that you will make these changes in 5 minutes.If you cant do that,just shut up and wait like the rest of us!!!
JanRei
QUOTE(wolfeyes @ 1.11.2012 03:55) *
Well done Kaspersky, you advertise ("SAFE MONEY, VIRTUAL KEYBOARD, etc) and fail to actually provide that service when browsers upgrade - well done.

If you click on a banking site in Safe Money section of the main window it should open in safe browser.

Secure keyboard input does not work, but virtual keyboard should work.
bladeruner
QUOTE(zeljko.n @ 1.11.2012 12:10) *
when you learn how anti virus software functions thah you will be able to criticize.Every software must be tested and make some adjustments....if you think that i easy than call kaspersky Labs and tell them that you will make these changes in 5 minutes.If you cant do that,just shut up and wait like the rest of us!!!

Tell it to all complaining people on forum. They are paying custommers and have rigts for product that works.
Firefox politics is well known and kaspersky should work out long term solution
Whizard
OR....

You can use Firefox ESR (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations)
wayfarer
QUOTE(zeljko.n @ 1.11.2012 12:10) *

Kaspersky must love customers like you! Would you say that if you had a water leak and the plumber took a week to arrive?

Kaspersky isn't free, and we're all paying customers. We don't pay for good intentions - there's plenty of free software around that does that. We pay Kaspersky to get it right, if not 100% of the time (we all realise how impossible that is) but certainly 99.9%. In anti-malware and internet security, that last 1% is often what separates the men from the boys. Wholesale problems every time Firefox updates are simply unacceptable.

Firefox isn't a side player any longer, it's a major player that publishes beta editions 2 and 3 versions ahead of the current stable one. Kaspersky has weeks if not months to work on those versions. I'm fed up with Firefox addon-ons failing every time there's a Firefox update - usually an update that's been available to developers for weeks.

With Firefox 17, I once again find that none of the Kaspersky add-ons work, including Safe Money (it does, but intermittently.) And that's for the umpteenth time this year. Just not good enough - not minimally good enough. I have now got the add-ons to work, by modifying rdf files - but I shouldn't have to, and a lot of users wouldn't know how. Safe Money remains unreliable as I write.

Kaspersky claim to be market leaders - and I still regard them as such. But they have to keep up. In my opinion Kaspersky is still among the best around - but they need to remember they're not the only game in town.
DanA2012
QUOTE(wayfarer @ 29.11.2012 00:27) *
Kaspersky claim to be market leaders - and I still regard them as such. But they have to keep up. In my opinion Kaspersky is still among the best around - but they need to remember they're not the only game in town.

+1
Other vendors have the same problem with their toolbars.

Norton Internet Security reported that they were updated to handle Firefox 17 at 11-20-2012 04:26 AM.

When are KL to wake up?
white chocolate
QUOTE(DanA2012 @ 29.11.2012 01:16) *
+1

Norton Internet Security reported that they were updated to handle Firefox 17 at 11-20-2012 04:26 AM.

When are KL to wake up?

Patch D is in testing at the moment and addresses this issue.Should be released live via updater pretty soon.I would advise patience.
NVaZN
QUOTE(DanA2012 @ 28.11.2012 17:16) *
+1

When are KL to wake up?

Norton usually releases their new Firefox compatibility updates the same night of each new Firefox browser release. The only incompatible add-ons with every Firefox upgrade seem to be the AV vendor add-ons for the most part. This same question gets posted with every new Firefox release and for the most part the answers here have always have been the same.
JerryM
I have FF 17.0.1 and the Safe Money works fine. I, just this AM printed some bank info.
Added I do have patch d.

Jerry
ehmbe
I use FF 17.0.1
My experience with safe money is that it'd occasionally crash FF. When it'd crash, I wasn't able to start FF until PC was rebooted.
To avoid the aggravation, I disabled safe money.
DanA2012
FYI, according to the release schedule, Firefox 18.0 was distributed today.

And this morning, Symantec announced the Norton Toolbar compatibility patch for FF 18.

It seems to be possible...

TOGS
QUOTE(DanA2012 @ 8.01.2013 19:27) *
FYI, according to the release schedule, Firefox 18.0 was distributed today.

And this morning, Symantec announced the Norton Toolbar compatibility patch for FF 18.

It seems to be possible...

Hello..... FYI patch E realeased on the 21st Dec 2012 says the following....

Patch E eliminates the following problems: and this is one of them so Norton were dragging their feet a bit there. b_lol1.gif

Problems displaying Virtual Keyboard, Block dangerous websites and Kaspersky URL Advisor plugins in Mozilla Firefox 18.

http://support.kaspersky.com/8049
DanA2012
QUOTE(TOGS @ 8.01.2013 20:12) *
Hello..... FYI patch E realeased on the 21st Dec 2012 says the following....

Patch E eliminates the following problems: and this is one of them so Norton were dragging their feet a bit there. b_lol1.gif

Problems displaying Virtual Keyboard, Block dangerous websites and Kaspersky URL Advisor plugins in Mozilla Firefox 18.

http://support.kaspersky.com/8049

Congratulations Kaspersky; I did not know (personally I am running PURE and the patch from 14.11.2012 is still not working with FF 17 as announced. That is the reason why I have not dared to upgrade to FFF 18).

If Kaspersky now is back in business, I really appreciate the progress.
calafradulistic
QUOTE(wolfeyes @ 1.11.2012 05:55) *
Unfortunately, that statement has more truth to it than we know.

My safe money settings are deleted every time KIS does an update dash1.gif
calafradulistic
XP, Chrome & won't work. Keeps deleting the banking setting on every update. Flaky with Firefox and even the safe run web site is flaky. It was a selling point for me, won't re-register when the license is up do to this dodgy function.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.