Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Anti-Spam Training Counter Stuck
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Dmitry N
Hi,

KIS 2013 International version here on Windows 7 x32.

My anti-spam training won't seem to learn any more. It wants me to feed it with 47-48 more spam mails. Greedy SOB.
The problem is it works pretty well already, and there are only 3-5 false negatives daily. I keep marking such mails as spam, the counter reacts by updating itself to 47, no matter how many mails I mark simultaneously, but then, after some time, it returns to 48.
Guys, do you mind sending me the 48 bad mails it wants? smile.gif
Is there any way out of this loop?
Thanks in advance.
Click to view attachment
ScottC
Did you upgrade from a previous version, installing the new one over the old?

I don't believe we've had Anti-Spam training since the 2011 version, 2012 and 2013 use cloud-based technology.
richbuff
In addition to what ScottC asks and indicates in the post above,

"KIS 2013 International version" Please describe fully. What build number? En localization, or Ru localization with Shift-F12?

Also, please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1905184

By the way, the Russian KIS 2013 that is downloaded from the Russian Kaspersky One website does indeed use Beysian filtering.
Dmitry N
I didn't upgrade from any other version. I downloaded this build from kaspersky.com. Build is 13.0.1.4190 (cool.gif.
Here's the confirmation that training is back in 2013: http://forum.kasperskyclub.com/index.php?showtopic=8731
Localization in KIS is English.
Shift+F12 closes the window momentarily and then it reappears with the same English localization.

PS: I tried downloading the English version of the setup package from kaspersky.ru, and it seems that the file is absolutely the same as the one that I downloaded and installed from kaspersky.com earlier.
So, the verdict is: anti-spam training is back! Except for the US version whatever the reason might be...
Marko13
Hi Dmitry,

I noticed same thing when I installed KIS4190. International version from global site does indeed for some strange reason requires antispam training. Instead, try US or UK version, they do not require training. I also asked this question here some time ago, but no specific answer why global version has training and others do not.
Dmitry N
QUOTE(Marko13 @ 19.10.2012 11:51) *
Instead, try US or UK version, they do not require training. I also asked this question here some time ago, but no specific answer why global version has training and others do not.

I am afraid that, if I install the version with no training features, I will have to delete those few false negatives a few times a day, which I wouldn't like to do smile.gif
So, the question remains: how to finish the training? My counter is at 48 mails today again smile.gif
Marko13
QUOTE(Dmitry N @ 19.10.2012 11:03) *
I am afraid that, if I install the version with no training features, I will have to delete those few false negatives a few times a day, which I wouldn't like to do smile.gif
So, the question remains: how to finish the training? My counter is at 48 mails today again smile.gif

Antispam should work properly without training, just intrl version for some reason requires training and UK does not. Maybe you can save spam settings before reinstalling, and try then again.
Dmitry N
QUOTE(Marko13 @ 19.10.2012 13:16) *
Antispam should work properly without training, just intrl version for some reason requires training and UK does not. Maybe you can save spam settings before reinstalling, and try then again.

I created a support ticket instead, pointing the guys to this thread. Let's see if this all works out smile.gif
Dmitry N
Guys!
Two weeks have passed. All I got today as a result of my communication with the support team after sending all details, explaining the issue as extensively as I could, sending screenshots, attaching a few false negatives, which keep being skipped by KIS (I get about 10-20 false negatives daily) etc. is:

Please describe the issue you encountered in greater details. If you encountered an Anti-Virus error, please submit a screenshot of it. “How to take a screenshot” guide is available here: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=193238594

You can stop training procedures now becouse all KIS anti-spam information take from KSN network.
The general problem is you have rare product function (Anti-spam training - iBayes) in modern product.

Do you think this is what might be called support? WTH is this? angry2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.