Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KAV/KIS 2013 vs VPN problem
Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > KIS\KAV 2015
Dmitry Gos
Hi colleagues!

It's planned fix problem 2013 vs VPN in Patch C. But due to the fact that we cannot reproduce this problem in test lab we need your help in reproduction and providing info.

At first, those who can reproduce this problem check next cases:
1. Disabe KIS Autostart, reboot and check VPN.
2. Deinstall Kaspersky NDIS Filter, reboot and check VPN.
3. In registry disable kltdi (set value '4' in key 'Start'), reboot and check VPN.

We suppose that problem is reproduced with L2TP VPN.

Additional Info:
1. For removing NDIS Filter in Network Connection properties select Kaspersky NDIS Filter and press "Delete".
2. Key kltdi is here: тут HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\kltdi
Wesly.Zhang
Hello,

1, Failed to create vpn connect with error code:663.
2, Aslo failed, error code:663.
3, Close the TDI driver, It works.

Should i provide some other information?

regards
Dmitry Gos
QUOTE(Wesly.Zhang @ 13.10.2012 11:00) *
Hello,

1, Failed to create vpn connect with error code:663.
2, Aslo failed, error code:663.
3, Close the TDI driver, It works.

Should i provide some other information?

regards

Hello, Wesly.Zhang

Thanks for info.
What type of VPN do you have? PPTP/L2TP/other?

Also, please, collect traces.

Thanks
Wesly.Zhang
QUOTE(Dmitry Gos @ 15.10.2012 16:55) *
Hello, Wesly.Zhang

Thanks for info.
What type of VPN do you have? PPTP/L2TP/other?

Also, please, collect traces.

Thanks

Hello,

Here is the traces zip on dump8_servers\Wesly_Zhang\traces.zip

VPN type is L2TP.

Regards
Wesly.Zhang
Hello,

I also upload a vpn software on data8_server\Wesly_Zhang\podvpn_client.zip.

Use this vpn software to create network connect with PPTP / L2TP Protrol , It will report an error with error code 663 for PPTP or error code 651 for L2TP.

Regards
karkas20
HI

I use Kaspersky Internet Security, but kis blocking my VPN!!!
And I see that report firewall node protocol ( GRE) block and when I disable firewall / VPN works.

If the firewall is enabled / VPN can connect but can not enter data

my vpn = pptp

my version kaspersky internet security : 13.0.1.4190 a.b
Matt_Woodward
Hi Dmitry

We are also unable to use our VPN connection once KIS 2013 has been installed.
It is a 'L2TP over IPSec' VPN using the Draytek 'Smart VPN Client' running on Windows XP SP3.
When we try to connect (with KIS 2013 installed) we get the message:
Your modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error.

'Pause protection' does not allow the VPN to work and nor does disabling the KIS firewall.

I have attempted to follow your troubleshooting steps.
1. Disable KIS Autostart, reboot and check VPN. - this made no difference to the error

2. Deinstall Kaspersky NDIS Filter, reboot and check VPN. - this made no difference to the error

3. In registry disable kltdi (set value '4' in key 'Start'), reboot and check VPN. - something prevented me from changing this key.

The only solution that we have found so far is to uninstall KIS 2013 and reinstall KIS 2012.

I am very concerned that the 'Pause protection' option no longer disables all elements of Kaspersky Internet Security.
I am an IT consultant and several years ago I moved my clients from Norton Internet Security to KIS because I found that I could not reliably disable NIS without uninstalling it.
I do a lot of troubleshooting and it is vital for me to be easily able to eliminate the anti-virus protection as a cause of problems by disabling it briefly.
Please fix the problem with VPN connections but also ensure that 'pause protection' completely disables all aspects of KIS.

Many thanks
hroukema
Hello Dimitri
Like the other posts I have this problem, followed the same steps as Woodward with the same result
I am very much damaged by this issue
Several mails on my account at Kasperky's were not answered
What are you planning to do
Why no answers?
Sincerely

Henk Roukema
Dmitry Gos
QUOTE(Matt_Woodward @ 28.10.2012 17:41) *
Hi Dmitry

We are also unable to use our VPN connection once KIS 2013 has been installed.
It is a 'L2TP over IPSec' VPN using the Draytek 'Smart VPN Client' running on Windows XP SP3.
When we try to connect (with KIS 2013 installed) we get the message:
Your modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error.

'Pause protection' does not allow the VPN to work and nor does disabling the KIS firewall.

I have attempted to follow your troubleshooting steps.
1. Disable KIS Autostart, reboot and check VPN. - this made no difference to the error

2. Deinstall Kaspersky NDIS Filter, reboot and check VPN. - this made no difference to the error

3. In registry disable kltdi (set value '4' in key 'Start'), reboot and check VPN. - something prevented me from changing this key.

The only solution that we have found so far is to uninstall KIS 2013 and reinstall KIS 2012.

I am very concerned that the 'Pause protection' option no longer disables all elements of Kaspersky Internet Security.
I am an IT consultant and several years ago I moved my clients from Norton Internet Security to KIS because I found that I could not reliably disable NIS without uninstalling it.
I do a lot of troubleshooting and it is vital for me to be easily able to eliminate the anti-virus protection as a cause of problems by disabling it briefly.
Please fix the problem with VPN connections but also ensure that 'pause protection' completely disables all aspects of KIS.

Many thanks

Hello, Matt_Woodward

About step 3. Did you disable Self Defence and exit KIS before editing registry? This is a mandatory condition.

About disabling elements of KIS when protection paused. The problem was not because of element of KIS, but because of driver. Driver should start on OS start and stop on OS stop - it's by design.

And about fixing VPN problem. It's fixed already and should be included to patch C.
harlan4096
W7SP1x64 + KIS2013 .4190b + VPN CyberGhost.

Working fine.

Regards.
risaacs
Hello

I am having the same problem.

Upgraded from Virus Checker 2012 to 2013 using a CD.

Now I can not connect to the ISP via ADSL modem.

The ADSL connect program says that the modem is already in use.

Tried stopping KIS and de-selecting options, still the same error

Uninstall 2013 and the internet connection works OK.

Need a fix soon and I can not find the 2012 CD
richbuff
Hi everyone,

Several off-topic posts are off-line.

Please see the first post of this topic thread, quoted below:
QUOTE(Dmitry Gos @ 12.10.2012 04:21) *
Hi colleagues!

It's planned fix problem 2013 vs VPN in Patch C. But due to the fact that we cannot reproduce this problem in test lab we need your help in reproduction and providing info.

3. In registry disable kltdi (set value '4' in key 'Start'), reboot and check VPN.

Additional Info:
1. For removing NDIS Filter in Network Connection properties select Kaspersky NDIS Filter and press "Delete".
2. Key kltdi is here: тут HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\kltdi

This is a Bug Report topic thread. If you are not reporting a bug, using the first post as a guide to report the bug, please do not post here.

This is not a "What?" or a "When?" discussion topic. Also, this is not a place to say how we feel about this issue. If you want to post "When?" or What is?" or "I feel sad/angry..." or "You should feel...." or "You should do..." then please post such chatter/opinions/feelings in the Fan Club forum.
xaver13
QUOTE(Dmitry Gos @ 12.10.2012 12:21) *
Hi colleagues!

Additional Info:

PPTP W8x64, there is no
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\kltdi
in my registry.
KIS 13.0.1.4190
Galileo 39
As far as I know the driver kltdi.sys is not installed in Win 8; it is replaced by klwfp.sys.
xaver13
Hi colleagues!

Additional Info:

QUOTE(Galileo 39 @ 27.11.2012 16:55) *
As far as I know the driver kltdi.sys is not installed in Win 8; it is replaced by klwfp.sys.

1. helped not
2. helped not
3. (klwfp) helped not
I decided to remove klwfp key (start was =4) from registry. I exported the key before. After restart keyboard worked not. I returned klwfp key into registry. It helped not.

I reinstalled Windows 8 x64. VPNs (MS and Cisco) are working fine. BUT NOW I HAVENT KIS INSTALLED. I WILL TAKE A BREAK KIS USING. My installation was not beta.
xaver13
QUOTE(xaver13 @ 28.11.2012 16:14) *
1. helped not
2. helped not
3. (klwfp) helped not
I decided to remove klwfp key (start was =4) from registry. I exported the key before. After restart keyboard worked not. I returned klwfp key into registry. It helped not.

I reinstalled Windows 8 x64. VPNs (MS and Cisco) are working fine. BUT NOW I HAVENT KIS INSTALLED. I WILL TAKE A BREAK KIS USING. My installation was not beta.

Need to supply, that before attempt to remove klwfp I had uninstalled KIS and than REMOVER used. That was my reasons for suppose that I couldd delete it wink.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.