Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Safe Money won't allow printing
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
kenmor
I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 installed and cannot enable Safe Money as it won't allow me to print my statements or receipts on my banking sites! Is there a way I can print without disabling Safe Money?
rudger79
Welcome. Reboot then right click the K tray icon > select "About" See if there is an (a) after KIS 13.0.0.4190 (a).

If not, update > reboot and try again.
Ray - UK
I already have the version with an (a) after it as suggested by "rudger79" and printing still does not work. I find I cannot print from anything, not even a downloaded pdf file while safe money is running.
I have accounts with several banks and on a different bank site I cannot even log in as all that is displayed is the raw HTML contents of the banks WEB page.
I have had to disable safe money for now.
Any more suggestions please ....
rudger79
Welcome. Please post the link of your GetSystemInfo report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
lario48
QUOTE(Ray - UK @ 26.09.2012 16:34) *
I already have the version with an (a) after it as suggested by "rudger79" and printing still does not work. I find I cannot print from anything, not even a downloaded pdf file while safe money is running.
I have accounts with several banks and on a different bank site I cannot even log in as all that is displayed is the raw HTML contents of the banks WEB page.
I have had to disable safe money for now.
Any more suggestions please ....

I have the same problem:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d48773a664cdf2e

Before you suggest that I remove: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.0.1400 & Advanced SystemCare 5, that was suggested by Support prior to patch (a) release. I removed them both and no change. I still had them removed when patch (a) was released and still no change.

dry.gif
lario48
QUOTE(lario48 @ 29.09.2012 20:06) *
I have the same problem:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d48773a664cdf2e

Before you suggest that I remove: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.0.1400 & Advanced SystemCare 5, that was suggested by Support prior to patch (a) release. I removed them both and no change. I still had them removed when patch (a) was released and still no change.

dry.gif

Here's a new link, same problem: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...e01a52ff127b19d dry.gif
arleetel
Have already patch b, and cannot print either.

To print I right click on the open website from the bank and click on Print (still in Safe Money)
a new screen appears where you can choose save as .pdf, save it on your computer.
Open the saved file and print it.

At least that works form me !

I have that problem only on Vista, not on Windows 7.
Contacted support about it but .... no reply !
lario48
QUOTE(arleetel @ 1.10.2012 07:50) *
Have already patch b, and cannot print either.

To print I right click on the open website from the bank and click on Print (still in Safe Money)
a new screen appears where you can choose save as .pdf, save it on your computer.
Open the saved file and print it.

At least that works form me !

I have that problem only on Vista, not on Windows 7.
Contacted support about it but .... no reply !

I tried that and it doesn't work for me using XP. dry.gif
lario48
QUOTE(lario48 @ 1.10.2012 08:56) *
I tried that and it doesn't work for me using XP. dry.gif

Well, I guess this issue has everyone stumped! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
JerryM
QUOTE(kenmor @ 26.09.2012 19:14) *
I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 installed and cannot enable Safe Money as it won't allow me to print my statements or receipts on my banking sites! Is there a way I can print without disabling Safe Money?

I checked to see if I could print. I had not experienced any problems, but found I could not print today.
I had Trusteer Rapport installed to have an additional level of protection when surfing. Since KIS 2013 does not have a sandbox I installed Trusteer.

Because I had problems with Avast sandboxed browsers with Trusteer installed I decided to remove it in KIS.
With removal of Trusteer I can now print from Safe Money. I suppose Safe Money is a type of sandbox and conflicts with Trusteer.
Problem solved.
Jerry
Baz^^
QUOTE(JerryM @ 2.10.2012 01:40) *
I checked to see if I could print. I had not experienced any problems, but found I could not print today.
I had Trusteer Rapport installed to have an additional level of protection when surfing. Since KIS 2013 does not have a sandbox I installed Trusteer.

Because I had problems with Avast sandboxed browsers with Trusteer installed I decided to remove it in KIS.
With removal of Trusteer I can now print from Safe Money. I suppose Safe Money is a type of sandbox and conflicts with Trusteer.
Problem solved.
Jerry

Rapport is pretty notorious for conflicting with KIS too, we recommend not running the two together to avoid random conflicts like this.
JerryM
QUOTE(Baz^^ @ 2.10.2012 09:28) *
Rapport is pretty notorious for conflicting with KIS too, we recommend not running the two together to avoid random conflicts like this.

I did not find any more conflicts. I have KIS 2013 on my desktop, but on my laptop I have Avast Pro.
In time I may put KIS on the laptop. My main concern is that I sometimes have to use the laptop on an unsecured WIFI. The Safe Money of KIS is rather cumbersome to go to various sites and want to protect them. Sites such as ebay and various bank sites or airlines to change flights etc. I realize that I can add any site to the Safe Money protection, but it is cumbersome.

Since Trusteer did not seem to conflict with KIS except in Safe Money printing, it might be more convenient to use Trusteer and not attempt to print from Safe Money. I realize I would do that at my peril, but so far I think that Trusteer is as safe as any module or other application,

I find that Safe Money is slow to load, and somewhat cumbersome to use.
The only problem I found with Trusteer Rapport was that it prevented printing from Safe Money. Accordingly, I am going to use Trusteer and forget Safe Money. I'll see if any conflicts. Based on prior use of both I do not expect any.

The Safe Money and SafeZone in Avast seem to be "works in progress." Until the bugs are worked out I will use Trusteer

Regards,
Jerry
TrueGreen
Had same problem. Solved it by putting printer icon onto toolbar. In firefox go to options > toolbar layout. You can then drag the printer icon onto the toolbar. The icon seems to show in all safe money windows on different sites from then on. Have not tried a restart so don't know if it will remain on reboot.

Just rebooted and icon still there.

Also, Safe Money and Trusteer seem to conflict only on Firefox. Seem to work together okay on IE9
lario48
QUOTE(TrueGreen @ 4.10.2012 16:59) *
Had same problem. Solved it by putting printer icon onto toolbar. In firefox go to options > toolbar layout. You can then drag the printer icon onto the toolbar. The icon seems to show in all safe money windows on different sites from then on. Have not tried a restart so don't know if it will remain on reboot.

Just rebooted and icon still there.

Also, Safe Money and Trusteer seem to conflict only on Firefox. Seem to work together okay on IE9

Well, nothing works for me. I get an "unknown print error" message. I can't even post a screenshot of the error message because I just get a black screen. dry.gif
JerryM
There seem to be no other conflicts between KIS and Trusteer other than printing in Safe Money. I'll rely on KIS for security, but use Trusteer for banking, and sites I want to protect. It works faster than Safe Money, and from the Matousec test is equally secure in the banking transactions.

Jerry
lario48
Support told me that, hopefully, Patch © will fix the Safe Money printing issue. Do not know when Patch © will be ready. smile.gif
JerryM
QUOTE(lario48 @ 5.10.2012 23:57) *
Support told me that, hopefully, Patch © will fix the Safe Money printing issue. Do not know when Patch © will be ready. smile.gif

Thanks for that info.
Jerry
lario48
QUOTE(JerryM @ 5.10.2012 17:45) *
Thanks for that info.
Jerry

You're welcome, I just hope it's a fact since I haven't seen any mention of testing for Patch ©. rolleyes.gif
LHatfield
I have tried everything listed here for printing my banking info.. nothing works for me either. I don't have any problems printing from any other program. After just one 2 months of this I'm already frustrated. One thing I can do is a copy & paste but that gets old...has me stumped! icon20.gif
rudger79
Welcome
QUOTE(LHatfield @ 6.12.2012 07:19) *
I have tried everything
Did you try a manual update then a reboot?

Also, Please post the link of your GetSystemInfo report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
JerryM
I am able to print from Safe Money now. I guess patch c did the job, and I had not tried it for awhile. smile.gif
I have removed Trusteer on both machines now.

Jerry
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(JerryM @ 6.12.2012 21:01) *
I am able to print from Safe Money now. I guess patch c did the job, and I had not tried it for awhile. smile.gif
I have removed Trusteer on both machines now.

Jerry

You mean Patch D...right? smile.gif
JerryM
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 6.12.2012 20:32) *
You mean Patch D...right? smile.gif

I thought it was patch c. However, this AM I did some printing, and when I checked I have patch d. Maybe I was incorrect when I said patch c. I have been able to print for at least a week. I don't try it very often. All I am sure of is that it is working now.smile.gif
Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.