Help - Search - Members
Full Version: kis 2013 completly remove passowrd protection
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
dimitriszz
i have tested the parental control of kis 2013
because it was the first time i ran this system it asked me for putting a password
now i want to completly remove the password
i know the password i have deactivated the parental control but i want to make kis forget the password so the next time ask me to put a new password
how can i do that?
Kalanhi
QUOTE(dimitriszz @ 18.09.2012 15:38) *
i have tested the parental control of kis 2013
because it was the first time i ran this system it asked me for putting a password
now i want to completly remove the password
i know the password i have deactivated the parental control but i want to make kis forget the password so the next time ask me to put a new password
how can i do that?

To password-protect access to Kaspersky Internet Security:
1. Open the main application window.
2. In the top right corner of the window, click the Settings link.
3. In the Settings window that opens, select the General Settings subsection in the Protection Center section.
4. Select the Password-protect application settings check box and click the Settings button.
The Password protection window opens.
5. In the window that opens, fill in the New password and Confirm password fields.
6. To change a previously created password, type it in the Old password field.
7. Under the Apply password to group of settings, specify the operations with the applications the access to which has to be password protected.
8. Click the Apply button in the Settings window.
Kalanhi
The above info will allow one to lock/unlock the settings. This setting prevents one from changing parent control unless it is unlocked. Below is the info on parental control password protecting.

CONFIGURING PARENTAL CONTROL
If you have not protected access to Kaspersky Internet Security settings with a password, at the first launch of Parental Control Kaspersky Internet Security will suggest that you set a password to prevent unauthorized changes to the control settings. You can then configure restrictions for computer and Internet usage by all accounts on the computer.
To configure Parental Control for an account:
1. Open the main application window.
2. In the lower part of the window, select the Parental Control section.
3. In the section containing the account in the window that opens, click the
button.
The Parental Control window opens.
4. In the window that opens, on the Settings tab, select the type of restriction in the left part of the window and specify the control settings in the right part of the window.
5. Click the OK button in the Parental Control window to save the control settings that you have selected.
dimitriszz
CODE
at the first launch of Parental Control Kaspersky Internet Security will suggest that you set a password to prevent unauthorized changes to the control settings.

what i want is to make kaspersky suggest me a password
i do not want to put my current password
i want to make kaspersky forget it for EVER(the current password) and the next time i launch parental control kaspersky suggest me a password
i hope i was clear this time
rudger79
I'm afraid your will need to uninstall and reinstall but most likely will need the current PW to do so.

If you forgot the PW, you will need to contact support...for security reasons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.