Help - Search - Members
Full Version: I cannot open up my new kaspersky
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
RStar
Ok so I installed kaspersky just a few minutes ago and the program installer told me it would require a reboot and I did that, but then after I got logged in it just logged me in and I tried to open up kaspersky and it says it cannot open. Here is what it displayed: "The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be acessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions." I know I am on my admin account because this is the only user account I have on here. I guess I have to make a log or whatever it is and post it. So I will in the next post.

Here it is:
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...855708d49538df5
I think i did it right.
richbuff
Welcome. Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334
RStar
Ok so I downloaded AVZ and it rebooted and all that. So here is the folder:
Click to view attachment
richbuff
Please see the fourth Important topic. There, you will find instruction and links for the Norton removal tool, and for AVG removal tool. Uninstall Kaspersky > reboot, then run the Norton removal tool > reboot > run the AVG removal tool > reboot, then disable Windows Defender, then re-install Kaspersky > reboot.
RStar
For the norton uninstall, I don't know my product key because I got Norton Internet Security already built in my new laptop after I bought my computer and it installed after I started up the computer for the first time. so which link do i click on on the page: "Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product"?
RStar
Ok so I searched: "Norton Removal Tool" on google and found the same exact webpage that you provided. It has the link for the tool and the page was a little bit different looking, but I know it was safe. Anyways I loaded up the tool and this time it worked. So I guess that Norton has been removed but I'm still not sure about AVG. Although I did try the same search, but I came up empty-handed. So I think I will disable Windows Defender and then re-install KAS 2013.
RStar
WOW. The installation still came up with the same exact result, so I removed the application again. I am stuck and still need more help.
white chocolate
QUOTE(RStar @ 4.09.2012 17:41) *
WOW. The installation still came up with the same exact result, so I removed the application again. I am stuck and still need more help.

did you run the semoval tool in safe mode?Norton uninstalls rather sloppily and it is my experience at least that removal tools are better run in safe mode as sometimes certain files/remnants are sometimes in use and wont be removed cleanly anyways.Also upon removal of avg and norton i would also recommend using the registry cleaner in ccleaner available at www.piriform.com to look for remnants in the registry of previously installed security apps and clear your temp files as well and reboot.Personally i find app remover excellent and removing traces of security applications.It is free and can be found here Appremover.It is excellent at finding and removing remnants of security applications of the major av providers.Give it a try before reinstalling Kaspersky
RStar
QUOTE(white chocolate @ 4.09.2012 10:27) *
did you run the semoval tool in safe mode?Norton uninstalls rather sloppily and it is my experience at least that removal tools are better run in safe mode as sometimes certain files/remnants are sometimes in use and wont be removed cleanly anyways.Also upon removal of avg and norton i would also recommend using the registry cleaner in ccleaner available at www.piriform.com to look for remnants in the registry of previously installed security apps and clear your temp files as well and reboot.Personally i find app remover excellent and removing traces of security applications.It is free and can be found here Appremover.It is excellent at finding and removing remnants of security applications of the major av providers.Give it a try before reinstalling Kaspersky

Ok I will try using the Norton AV removal tool in safe mode, but is ccleaner totally 100% safe and is appremover 100% safe as well?

Also I have found some remenants of an AVG toolbar folder. Should I delete it or what?

Another important thing should I have activated my KAS? because I never did that. Lol I'm so lost.
white chocolate
QUOTE(RStar @ 4.09.2012 20:55) *
Another important thing should I have activated my KAS? because I never did that. Lol I'm so lost.

I have never had a problem with either program.AppRemover should be able to get rid of any file and or registry fragments left behind by avg or norton.Should any of the above not work for you you can also fill out a support ticket here,although it may take some time to hear backsupport ticket
RStar
QUOTE(white chocolate @ 4.09.2012 10:27) *

dash2.gif

Ok now I'm really getting pissed off, I tried everything you said above, chocolate and after I was done installing Kaspersky, I clicked on the the Kaspersky 2013 application shortcut (which mind me saying looks nothing like the icon it's supposed to have) (it's supposed to have the regular icon that is the red and black letter K) well this one doesn't. It looks like an menu or page or something.) Anyways when clicked on the applications shortcut. It gave me an error message saying this:

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013\starter_AVP.exe". You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
richbuff
AVG removal tool is here: http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities Reboot after tool use. Then try Kaspersky install. In Admin account, right click the Kaspersky installer and Run As Administrator. Make sure Windows Defender is disabled before install Kaspersky.

If still no go, run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report.
RStar
QUOTE(richbuff @ 4.09.2012 18:01) *
AVG removal tool is here: http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities Reboot after tool use. Then try Kaspersky install. In Admin account, right click the Kaspersky installer and Run As Administrator. Make sure Windows Defender is disabled before install Kaspersky.

If still no go, run the GetSystemInfo utility again, to create a new gsi report, and then please post the link to the new gsi report.

Ok great yay AVG uninstalled but I still have Norton to worry about is there any links that I can get that will also completely remove Norton that I can have? Oh and can you tell me how to disable Windows Defender? Thank you so much Rich you're really helping.
RStar
Ok. Thanks to some ideas from previous learning I figured I should use a Restore point. Now I did this before my last one or two posts and since yesterday and at 4:00 EST till 10:30 I have successfully installed Kaspersky and got it activated. All I did was set a restore point to when I didn't have any sign of Kaspersky and when I found a successful restore point I used it. Then I got CCleaner and used it on the default settings. I then used the Norton Removal Tool (which mind me saying disabled my built-in finger-print scanner/reader, I was able to fix it-don't ask me how). Then I used the AVG google search that Rich gave me and used the one supplied by AVG.com and then I downloaded an app called JV Powertools and I used that to remove all the remenants of Norton/Symnatec, AVG, and even Kaspersky. Then I finally installed Kaspersky KAV 2013 from the email I got and it worked! Thanks everyone who helped me. bravo.gif
AlexRc
Hi,
I have very similar issue. Just updated today to KIS 2013 on 10 computers with new licenses (commercial) . All went smoothly, with exception of one XP SP2 system. So I have uninstalled 2010 version rebooted and installed Kaspersky IS 2013 and the program installer told me that it's require a reboot which I did. But then after I logged in I did not see usual KAV icon in system tray. When I manually tried to run it it says it cannot open with following error message: "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2013\starter_avp.exe The specified path does not exists"

I have check that C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2013\ folder has files installed including starter_avp.exe. Pleas advice. I have already generated log using GetSystemInfo utility.

Thanks
Alex
richbuff
Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.
AlexRc
QUOTE(richbuff @ 15.09.2012 20:07) *
Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

richbuff
XP SP2?

XP SP2 has been dead for a long time. Now it is completely dead.

You do not receive updates to patch the vulnerabilities that make frequent, reoccurring front-page screaming headline news.

Best to uninstall Kaspersky before installing XP Service Pack 3. Re install Kaspersky when done installing SP3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.