Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KIS 6.0.1.408 Bug on Windows XP x64 bit
Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > KIS\KAV\KTS 2015 MR1
raananan
Hello,
I installed KIS on Windows XP x64 edition and for some reason when I enter this site: http://www.leumi.co.il/Leumi/Home/0,2777,317,00.html or this site http://www.bezeqint.net.il the system restarts immediately (not the windows restart, but I get the bios). When I stop the Anti-Hacker I can enter those sites with no problem.
I can't give any screen shot or any dump so please check it.
I had the exact same problem as you but with a different build on http://www.gamespot.com/ I installed 408 and the problem went away. Maybe you could reinstall it without saving any program settings (only save the firewall rules) and see if it fixes the problem.
dawgg
QUOTE(raananan @ 29.10.2006 18:13)
Hello,
I installed KIS on Windows XP x64 edition and for some reason when I enter this site: http://www.leumi.co.il/Leumi/Home/0,2777,317,00.html or this site http://www.bezeqint.net.il the system restarts immediately (not the windows restart, but I get the bios). When I stop the Anti-Hacker I can enter those sites with no problem.

Working fine on Windows XP SP2 32bit
(KIS .408, KAH, FileAV, WebAV, AntiSpy & Proactive Defence (apart from AIC) enabled)
jraduga
QUOTE(raananan @ 30.10.2006 04:13)
Hello,

I also have x64bit....I have been to both sites with no problems at all...

Try doing a reinstall of KIS make sure that you use the removal tool that can be found on the FTP site before doing the reinstall...

Cannot confirm bug...
Whizard
As suggested please perform a clean reinstall smile.gif
raananan
Will do uninstall now and try.
raananan
Did a complete uninstall and it didn't work.
It is still doing reset when entering those sites.
I turned on the log (for level notify) and a attached the file here.
Those files were made before and after the restart.
Locke Wolfwood
Greetings,
A friend and I are both running WinXP64 and KIS 6.0.1.401, and get bluescreens from a few websites, the only one I can recall presently is www.verizonwireless.com which generates a bluescreen for DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have the technical readout from the BSOD as well, if that is helpfull. Ah yes, also, this error is caused regardless of the browser in use.
dawgg
QUOTE(Locke Wolfwood @ 30.10.2006 22:35)
Greetings,
A friend and I are both running WinXP64 and KIS 6.0.1.401, and get bluescreens from a few websites, the only one I can recall presently is www.verizonwireless.com which generates a bluescreen for DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have the technical readout from the BSOD as well, if that is helpfull.  Ah yes, also, this error is caused regardless of the browser in use.

Also working fine (KIS 408, AIC disabled), windows XP SP2 professional
Mozilla Firefox 2 and IE7
raananan
I guess that the x86 version works fine, but there is a bug in the x64 version.
I hope that this bug will be fixed so I could use the firewall of the KIS.
jraduga
QUOTE(raananan @ 31.10.2006 22:18)
I guess that the x86 version works fine, but there is a bug in the x64 version.
I hope that this bug will be fixed so I could use the firewall of the KIS.

As I mentioned above I have x64 and have no problems with any website...I have never had a blue screen or crash of any sort...with or without KIS...Do you have all the Microsoft updates installed...There are several fixes for things in those as well...My system checks for those all the time...and auto installs...I am also running IE7 full version..

I am running KIS408 with everything enabled, perhaps its a combination of hardware and OS and KIS

Jeff
raananan
QUOTE(jraduga @ 31.10.2006 15:22)
As I mentioned above I have x64 and have no problems with any website...I have never had a blue screen or crash of any sort...with or without KIS...Do you have all the Microsoft updates installed...There are several fixes for things in those as well...My system checks for those all the time...and auto installs...I am also running IE7 full version..

I am running KIS408 with everything enabled, perhaps its a combination of hardware and OS and KIS

Jeff

It is propably some sort of bad combination of hardware and drivers.
I hope that the programers could check the log files and they will help them.
My system is:
CPU: Core 2 Due 6600
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 - installed the drivers from the supplied CD.
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS 256MB - Latest x64 NForce driver
Memory: HYNIX 2*1GB 667MHz CL5
HD: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATAII
Keyboard: Microsoft® Comfort Curve Keybrd 2000 - Installed IType 5.5 for x64
Mouse: Logitech MX400 Laser - Installed SetPoint 3.10 x64 version
I'm running a legal copy dry.gif of Windows XP x64 bit with all the latest updates.
I use all the latest versions of the drivers and bios for the system.
jraduga
QUOTE(raananan @ 31.10.2006 23:36)
It is propably some sort of bad combination of hardware and drivers.
I hope that the programers could check the log files and they will help them.
My system is:
CPU: Core 2 Due 6600
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 - installed the drivers from the supplied CD.
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS 256MB - Latest x64 NForce driver
Memory: HYNIX 2*1GB 667MHz CL5
HD: Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATAII
Keyboard: Microsoft® Comfort Curve Keybrd 2000 - Installed IType 5.5 for x64
Mouse: Logitech MX400 Laser - Installed SetPoint 3.10 x64 version
I'm running a legal copy  dry.gif  of Windows XP x64 bit with all the latest updates.
I use all the latest versions of the drivers and bios for the system.

My system is completely different except that the logitech mouse...I have the same mouse with there MX3000 wireless keyboard ...I found lots of problems with the setpoint driver/software installed.. and found that by un-installing these driver/software that the problems went away...everything from blue screens and to pages not working etc...The odd thing about it was with the software uninstalled everything works fine, including all the features of the mouse and keyboard...All the zoom, forward/back pages buttons the multimedia stuff on the keyboard etc everything...check below this message to see my configuration...I'm basically using AMD not intel...Oh and added more ram so I now run 2G...

Maybe that might help to un-install the setpoint software, I know of other that have had problems with the setpoint stuff as well, but it does sound like you have a great system though. smile.gif
I will be swapping my cpu for a dual core AMD shortly. The board I bought will run both dual core's and singles...So I will add more ram and increase the cpu to a 4800+ dual core AMD skt939 in the next week or so I hope...
Locke Wolfwood

We (my roommate and I) are both fully updated and the copies of winx64 are legit. Have you been to, say www.verizonwireless.com ? If you don't have any problems there, and are running x64 and KIS, then perhaps the problem is indeed in the software environs we have here.
However, we'd been running the new KIS for quite some time before this problem turned up, so if you haven't had this happen yet, perhaps in time it will.
Though, yes, I wouldn't rule out a software environment problem, it certainly could be a conflict of some kind, though my friend and I have nothing much in common on our set-ups excpet for winx64 and KIS so I'm not certain where a conflict might arise.
The Anti-Hacker disable suggestion was very helpful, BTW, that does seem to solve the problem, though I don't relish not having a firewall up, and I trashed my old one as soon as I got KIS.
Whizard
Try with 410 smile.gif
raananan
Ok, so I uninstalled the 409 build and uninstalled the setpoint driver of my mouse. I unstalled the 410 build and set the logger on (500 notify).
I entered the site http://www.leumi.co.il and I got reset.
Then I disabled Anti-Hacker and opened the site and I didn't get reset.
I turned off the logger and now I'm posting the logs here.
So I guess it isn't the setpoint driver that is the problem.
raananan
Ok, so I installed the new version (411) and installed the new release of NVidia driver and now it works great. I don't know if the problem was solved by the new build or because I updated the graphics driver but I can close this topic for now.
Thanks for the help.
jraduga
QUOTE(Locke Wolfwood @ 1.11.2006 06:56)
We (my roommate and I) are both fully updated and the copies of winx64 are legit.  Have you been to, say www.verizonwireless.com ? If you don't have any problems there, and are running x64 and KIS, then perhaps the problem is indeed in the software environs we have here.
However, we'd been running the new KIS for quite some time before this problem turned up, so if you haven't had this happen yet, perhaps in time it will. 
Though, yes, I wouldn't rule out a software environment problem, it certainly could be a conflict of some kind, though my friend and I have nothing much in common on our set-ups excpet for winx64 and KIS so I'm not certain where a conflict might arise.
The Anti-Hacker disable suggestion was very helpful, BTW, that does seem to solve the problem, though I don't relish not having a firewall up, and I trashed my old one as soon as I got KIS.

I have been to this site with no problems at all....The site loaded very quickly and fully without errors...

have you upgraded to 411 and are you still having the problems...

One of the other guys here have found that the nvidia drivers and or 411 have made the difference

Let me know...I will try to help where I can...

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.