Help - Search - Members
Full Version: update taking a long time
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
P M
hello, my kaspersky anti-virus 12.0.0.374 is taking a very long time to update. Actually, when the update was at 15mb, it showed a 41% completion, but thereafter the update reached to nearly 38mb, but there was no change in the %. I stopped update thinking any error may have caused the problem. I actully want to know the actual amount of update that my kaspersky anti-virus needs. dash1.gif
Berny
Hello

If you are proceeding with an update after a fresh/first install
then MB update-sizes like you mention above are normal.
richbuff
Also, in addition to what Berny indicates in the post above,

Reboot, then check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.
And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.
P M
yes, i followed the directions, the system date and time was correct, i unchecked the proxy server box and enabled animate taskbar icon, but still couldn't get the speed, although for some occasions the speed went upto 32/48 kbps continously but most of the time it stood at 8/16 kbps at a slow speed.

I was unable to get the link of Get system info because after clicking Creat Report the process started but at the end a box appeared showing that the file can't be send automatically and asked me to do it manually by using browser, when i clicked OK the Get system info parser appeared and asked me to browse and submit, please tell me which file i have to submit and where can i get it? however, i have attached the update report.
P M
my Get system info report link is: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...39aac7183da3956

please help.
richbuff
The PC is infected.

XP SP2 with no Windows security updates?

XP SP2 has been dead for a long time. Now it is completely dead.

You do not receive updates to patch the vulnerabilities that make frequent, reoccurring front-page screaming headline news.

Before I post additional instructions, please post to let me know if you are able and willing to install XPSP3 and all Windows updates.
P M
windows update isn't responding, suggesting for support files. i can't install SP3 and other windows updates using windows update, however i can install these in another way!

will installing SP3 with other updates solve the problem along with the above issues?

another problem i found is that while updating or browsing a message showing "generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvinience" appears and stops the ongoing tasks, what is this? is it becuause the security updates aren't installed or because of virus!

edit: quotation marks sted red.
richbuff
Ok, we will do SP3 after we disinfect. smile.gif

Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334
P M
OK
richbuff
I moved this topic to the Virus section of this forum.

Run this script, instructions: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry678368 PC will reboot:
CODE
begin
SetAVZGuardStatus(True);
SearchRootkit(true, true);
QuarantineFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\iexplorer.exe','');
QuarantineFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSDT01.sys','');
StopService('S');
DeleteService('S');
QuarantineFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\hp.sys','');
StopService('hp.sys');
DeleteService('hp.sys');
DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\hp.sys');
DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\SSDT01.sys');
DeleteFile('C:\WINDOWS\system32\iexplorer.exe');
BC_ImportAll;
ExecuteSysClean;
BC_Activate;
RebootWindows(true);
end.

After run script, attach a Combofix log, please review these instructions carefully before downloading Combofix, and follow these instructions carefully after downloading Combofix.

Before downloading and Saving combofix to Desktop, please rename combofix to something like 123.exe to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows and pause Kaspersky (right click the K icon and click pause protection > Choose the
option "resume manually" if still active) until after the scanning and removal process has taken place.

Please double click on the Combofix file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next post. Also, please don't
forget to resume the Kaspersky that you paused.

Download Combofix here -> http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

--------------------
The instructions posted here are for the original poster Only. If you have same or other issue, please see the first Important read me topic, and then open a New Topic for yourself.
P M
Done.

can i now install SP3 and other updates? huh.gif

richbuff
Please delete these folders:

c:\program files\sjDgiehj
ZidYjGJM
DcwWcgpq
jFYXogyI
KchwrYTi
FdggiKbI
VQHpvkcJ
xILLlKep
LGWRAEvK
espwIEXj
qydxRdbe
nYTxWMsl
PMBKknNL
cXDXVdHi
fllqndkd
MxtvFYJj
YoccdPcG
wPbsGMGe
uFpfvexk
PBImbmkj
XxEpSFcH
pWTCqjeJ
LtebwsgI
bckYPtTH
ARYGCiFW
vLtNrxii
srKVouYb
xtwtbtbM
ELSydwgN
WWSMLVsM
jLdgImwQ
EAgQnNjR

Run this script, instructions same as the last one:
CODE
begin
CreateQurantineArchive('c:\quarantine.zip');
end.

A file called quarantine.zip should be created in C:\. Then please zip up C:\qoobox\quarantine and upload both it and C:\quarantine.zip to a filehost such as http://www.mediafire.com/
Then, Private Message me the Download link to the uploaded file. Click my user name and select Send message. Lastly, uninstall Combofix by: pause Kaspersky > Start > run >
type combofix /uninstall > ok. The space between the x and the / is needed. Or Start > run > type 123 /uninstall > ok. Restart Kaspersky.

Also, scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php Update it first, scan and attach its log, but Please Don't remove anything yet, until the log is reviewed.
P M
I made a mistake, mediafire required installation of adobe flash player but the download of adobe flash player installer failed many times, i uninstalled combofix and the qoobox file along with the ziped quarantine file inside is no more in the C drive. But the zipped quarantine file is there in the C drive. While downloading malware bytes anti maleware the same problem continues displaying "generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvinience", what should i do now???
P M
I made a mistake, mediafire required installation of adobe flash player but the download of adobe flash player installer failed many times, i uninstalled combofix and the qoobox file along with the ziped quarantine file inside is no more in the C drive. But the zipped quarantine file is there in the C drive.

While downloading malware bytes anti maleware the same problem continues displaying "generic host process for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvinience".

The speed of connecting to the internet is now nice and constant. What should I do now???
richbuff
Please send me the quarantine folder via another file host site, such as www.rapidshare.com.

Install SP3 and all Windows updates > reboot, and make sure Kaspersky is up to date, then create new GSI report and create new avz log and post the new logs.
P M
hello,

installed SP3 and all other windows updates but couldn't update Kaspersky because it still didn't get the right speed, so I scanned with malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it found "Hijack.lprouter" and since then there is no problem with the message "generic host process for win32...".

Still couldn't get the required speed.

I changed my Network Configuration and that's solved my problem. I got Kaspersky updated.

Thanks for your support. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.