Help - Search - Members
Full Version: K9 and Kaspersky
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Business
kenrinc
I'm trying to figure out why K9 won't work with my corporate Kaspersky AV 6 client. I know it works fine when Kaspersky isn't running but the minute I start Kaspersky it breaks and no web pages. I've added the K9 executable to the list of programs in the data protection section and gave it full access yet it still doesn't work. And what's even more bizarre is that when Kaspersky is on and you try to access a web page you get a Trojan warning: "Trojan.Win32.Host2.gen" in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Does anybody have this work in some way?

Ken-
kenrinc
QUOTE(kenrinc @ 4.04.2012 12:40) *
I'm trying to figure out why K9 won't work with my corporate Kaspersky AV 6 client. I know it works fine when Kaspersky isn't running but the minute I start Kaspersky it breaks and K9 advises it's no longer working. I've added the K9 executable to the list of programs in the data protection section and gave it full access yet it still doesn't work. And what's even more bizarre is that when Kaspersky is on and you try to access a web page you get a Trojan warning: "Trojan.Win32.Host2.gen" in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Does anybody have this working in some way?

Ken-

I've worked with a tech at BlueCoat and he says it's due to something within Kaspersky that they can't control so if your trying to get K9 to work, it won't, until Kaspersky fixes it.

Ken-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.