Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Does this website contain viruses
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
Derage123
Hi Guys,

One of my country's online newspapers is located at . Kaspersky gave me an alert that is was trying to download a virus to my computer; I visited the site over the past 3 weeks with the same error msg. I informed the site administrator of the problem, and he said the site is now clean and that my IE browser cache is perhaps loading an infected copy.

I deleted the temp files from my computer (at cmd prompt: %temp%, then delete all files), and then using internet options in IE I deleted my browsing history, etc.

I am still getting the virus msg as i visit the page, and Kaspersky is rating it "green".

COmments or suggestions, please.

Thanks,

Christopher.
richbuff
Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Reports > Detailed Report > Detected threats.
Right click the Detected bar, and select Path. Right click the Detected bar again and select File.
Then post the screenshot with columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Reports > Detailed Report > lower left > Save button > please attach the saved text.
Derage123
Dear Richbuff,

My apologies for not supplying enough data previously .. the site is xxp://www.guyanachronicleonline.com/ and attached are 3 pics.

Interestingly the detection centre has not listed any threats for today though i visited the site ..

However, your comments are still appreciated...

Christopher.

edit: link disabled.
richbuff
No need to apologize, of course. smile.gif If you are not receiving anymore new detections, all is good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.