Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Twitch.tv and Justin.tv issue.
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky PURE
Brett K.
I have been having an issue with Twitch.tv and Justin.tv (same flash player) where videos constantly cause Chrome to freeze for 5-10 seconds.

I have confirmed that Kaspersky is the culprit, as disabling protection remedies this issue entirely. I tried adding the flash libraries to my exclusions list (not as a permanent solution, just for testing) but that did not fix anything. The only fix is just to disable protection on demand.

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 (all latest updates/hotfixes)
Google Chrome browser (all latest updates)
Adobe Flash player (Flash - Version: 11,1,102,55 Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102) toggled GPU acceleration on/off, didn't do anything
AMD Catalyst 12.1 GPU drivers(latest)

Motherboard:
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
CPU:
Intel Core-i7 2600k
Memory:
16GB G.Skill DDR3-1866
Hard Drive:
RAID-0 4x250GB WD Caviar Blue
Video Card:
AMD Radeon HD 5870 2GB

I'm using the latest updated version of Kaspersky PURE. Let me know if there is any other info I can provide to help understand the problem.
richbuff
Please try disabling, one at a time, the various components of PURE, to see if you can narrow it down to a specific component. Try Anti Banner, then Parental Controls first, and reboot > clear browser cache after each try.

Re enable the major components when done.

1. Click here to download the GetSystemInfo tool
2. Run getsysteminfo.exe. Choose where you wish to save the text file, the desktop is the easy choice.
3. Click here to upload your GetSystemInfo log.
4. Now add the link to the report you have just made in your post.
Brett K.
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...26780dd12b24248

I'll start doing the checklist to see which component is affecting the problem, however I have neither anti-banner or parental controls enabled to begin with.
Brett K.
I wasn't able to track down which component was doing it. I simply disabled every component I could through Settings in Kaspersky, and it still happened. The only way to remedy the issue is to simply "pause protection" or disable protection entirely through settings. I wish I could figure this out.
richbuff
My guess would have been Web AV, but we don't want to disable it as a long-term solution.

Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Also, there is a possibility that entries in your System Properties > Leg Events tab of your GSI report may provide relevant information about the issue.
Swix
Also have this issue. I disabled all components one-by-one and found the right one. Disabling the Firewall resolves the problem.
But i don't want to lose 50% of protection only for one site. sad.gif
Brett K.
QUOTE(Swix @ 22.01.2012 15:52) *
Also have this issue. I disabled all components one-by-one and found the right one. Disabling the Firewall resolves the problem.
But i don't want to lose 50% of protection only for one site. sad.gif

that is really helpful. I just replied to my tech support ticket giving them this information. Thank you. Hopefully this will be resolved.
Peeta12
Hey!

I've the same problem as you Guy's.Seems that Kaspersky slows and freezes my browser drastically when i enter the Twitch/Justin streams.I'm using Morzilla FireFox and Kaspersky 2012, and i never had problems on sides like that before.

I've tried to disable all components one by one but that didn't worked.Like Brett wrote, the only thing to fix this problem is to shut down kaspersky as long as you want to watch the stream.

I'm using Windows 7 and as i wrote - Kaspersky 2012.

Lates Updates on all browsers,flashs and programms.

Edit: For Morzilla users - I Disabled the plugin-container.exe and it seems that the browser didnt freeze anymore , but this is no final solution because other streams sides are f~ed up with this change.

hope it will be fixed soon because its rly annoying.

edit: expletive deleted.
Brett K.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMVZbA-W1E

I made a video demonstrating the issue and the "fix"
icant2lazy
hey everyone!

Please give this a try:

Open Kaspersky
Click on Settings
Click on the large green shield icon in the upper left (Protection)
Click on Network on the left (bottom of the list)
On the right, make sure "Monitor selected ports only", is checked.
Click on Select
Uncheck "Monitor all ports for specified applications"
Click OK twice to save your settings.
Reboot your PC.
Try the site again.

It should do the trick, if not, let me know! Thanks!!
Brett K.
QUOTE(icant2lazy @ 1.02.2012 20:51) *
hey everyone!

Please give this a try:

Open Kaspersky
Click on Settings
Click on the large green shield icon in the upper left (Protection)
Click on Network on the left (bottom of the list)
On the right, make sure "Monitor selected ports only", is checked.
Click on Select
Uncheck "Monitor all ports for specified applications"
Click OK twice to save your settings.
Reboot your PC.
Try the site again.

It should do the trick, if not, let me know! Thanks!!

Absolutely works. Thanks!
richbuff
QUOTE(icant2lazy)
...Uncheck "Monitor all ports for specified applications"...
Thank you for posting your findings.

Please could you see if this can be narrowed down a bit from uncheck monitor ports for all of the listed applications, to just uncheck one at a time, to see which one application is involved, and also so all of the others do not have to be unchecked?

Reboot may be needed to effect the settings changes.
chrisnxc
QUOTE(richbuff @ 2.02.2012 20:24) *
Thank you for posting your findings.

Please could you see if this can be narrowed down a bit from uncheck monitor ports for all of the listed applications, to just uncheck one at a time, to see which one application is involved, and also so all of the others do not have to be unchecked?

Reboot may be needed to effect the settings changes.

Yes, I'll give it a shot ASAP and get back to you guys.

- PS I'm also "icant2lazy" I forgot the password to this account so I just registered a new one lol Sorry for any confusion!
duna
I think the chat next to the stream is causing the problems. As long as it still loads the chat, it freezes.

Shutting down Kaspersky (or unchecking "Monitor all ports for specified applications") doesnt help me at all, however deinstalling Kaspersky does.

Edit: It takes minutes to load the chat with Kaspersky installed.
chrisnxc
QUOTE(duna @ 3.02.2012 15:40) *
I think the chat next to the stream is causing the problems. As long as it still loads the chat, it freezes.

Shutting down Kaspersky (or unchecking "Monitor all ports for specified applications") doesnt help me at all, however deinstalling Kaspersky does.

Edit: It takes minutes to load the chat with Kaspersky installed.

Give this a try:

Open Kaspersky PURE.
Click on Settings.
Click on Protection on the top.
Click on Web Anti-Virus on the left.
Click on the Settings... button on the right.
Uncheck Limit traffic caching time.
Click OK twice.
Reboot your PC.
Fauzruk
Just to add, the issue doesn't seems to happen on Opera.
Swix
Also, no issues with IE on my PC. But freezing in Chrome and Firefox.
SpooN04
Hello, I just purchased a new laptop for gaming and live streaming. It is powerful enough to play my games on ultra settings without any problem but when I goto my community channel twitch.tv/proelitegamer the video is very choppy while the audio is perfect also the chatbox never loads. I did some research on the Twitch.tv forums and everyone agrees that it is due to something in Kaspersky.

I am trying to start a business that is influenced greatly by the livestream and I need to be watching it in order to manage it. Please help!
Danila Tyurin
Hi,

Please send request to Kaspersky Lab Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html
nyderic
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 2.03.2012 08:43) *
Hi,

Please send request to Kaspersky Lab Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html

Same problem here and i just submitted a request.

Judging from googling this problem and looking into all the threads, there seem to be a lot of users who have this problem. It's been over a month and still no fix in sight? People seem to be looking at alternatives to Kaspersky already and if there's no fix in the next few weeks i'll probably do the same unsure.gif.
JohnH2O
I am not a gamer at all, but I have to admit, sometimes I am curious. biggrin.gif

I opened SpooN04's link in post #1. I had no choppy video, the audio was fine and the chat loaded (after a short time). “..everyone agrees that it is due to something in Kaspersky.” Are you sure? Or is it only a assumption/accusation? Also nyderic seems to expect something from KL since he posts here, “It's been over a month and still no fix in sight?”

Guys, Twitch.Tv has a button for reporting 'video problems', but I think you know this. I am just curious. WHY do you think this is a KL problem and not a Flash Player problem, not a browser problem, not a web site problem, not a HW problem … and so on. ai.gif

Generally I have not noticed any problems with life-stream videos.
nyderic
Tons of threads on Twitch, Justin, Reddit, various esports sites, forums, chrome bug fix discussions, etc. led me to this conclusion. Seriously, knock yourself out and google for a while. You'll easily find up to 50 different threads. They all describe the exact problem and not a single suggestion on how to fix the problem seems to work for any of the users, except for disabling parts or all of Kaspersky. You really think all these people that have but one thing in common are all having hardware/software problems? Seems highly unlikely to me, when everyone of them suddenly stops to have any problems whatsoever when they disable Kaspersky. Even the Twitch/Justin TV tech guys have stated several times that it IS a Kaspersky problem.

The problem only persists on Justin.TV / Twitch.TV and the button for reporting video problems isn't for the purpose of reporting that your browser is almost crashing, because Kaspersky is doing weird stuff to it.

All other video stream sites work fine.
JohnH2O
You are absolutely right, nyderic, I have NOT googled for this problem. I did not know about it at all! After my posting, I found another thread in the PURE forum: Kaspersky not playing nice with Twitch.tv or Justin.tv, Kaspersky PURE breaking twitch.tv/justin.tv player. This thread is very precise, and it has some solutions (# 10/11 & 15) which turn out to be efficient to some users. And what is interesting, you'll find statements like “The issue doesn't seems to happen on Opera” and “Also, no issues with IE on my PC. But freezing in Chrome and Firefox”.

As I cannot see I have this problem, it is difficult to have my own, well considered opinion. In another thread (about Virtual Keyboard) I wrote: “If my VK or Java story is useful to somebody, that's great. But I seriously want to remind all of us, when something goes wrong, do not blame the first person you meet. Be a bit humble; maybe you do not have all aspects in sight.” rolleyes.gif

PS: And you ended your post with "All other video stream sites work fine". That's interesting, too.

edit: add quote of important content, lest it be buried:
QUOTE(Danila Tyurin @ 2.03.2012 00:43) *
Hi,

Please send request to Kaspersky Lab Support:
http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html
nyderic
It's almost been 5 months now and the problem still persists! It's getting ridiculous.
nyderic
The problem still isn't fixed. It's almost been 5 months now.
richbuff
It's almost been 5 months now and the problem still persists! It's getting ridiculous.

The problem still isn't fixed. It's almost been 5 months now.
Merged.

QUOTE( @ 21.01.2012 15:08) *
Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

------------------
How to avoid merge: Don't cross-post.
nyderic
Solid advice, but the tech support simply does not care. I contacted them over one month ago and still haven't received an answer.

Does Kaspersky really not care about this issue? Are they unaware how vital Twitch.Tv is to the ever-growing Esports community? It's like they want to drive customers away.
richbuff
I think I can safely guess that Kaspersky is aware of this issue, because this issue has been posted on several language sections of this forum, and several users have contacted Tech Support.

I could take a risk and guess that a fix is in the works, but I don't know if the fix will be very soon, or semi-soon, or not until the next version, which will be some undetermined time in the future.

I will leave this topic open, but not so this topic can be fruitlessly bumped up periodically; instead, I will leave this topic open, in case some one has concretely helpful content to post. smile.gif

Please re-contact Tech Support for reminders about this issue, instead of posting reminders here. smile.gif

Danila Tyurin
Hi All,

The problem is not our product. The problem with this site. Obviously, the problem in this script:
CODE
http://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/javascripts/c85fde6c_xarth_default.js

Please contact the System Administrator of this site.

Thanks.

Closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.