Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Kaspersky is always out of date
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
waneck
Following description from another topic, I've already tried to disable the use of proxy servers, and I'm attaching the update history.

Thank you
Baz^^
Hi,

Also make sure that your system date and time is correctly set!
waneck
QUOTE(Baz^^ @ 21.12.2011 09:21) *
Hi,

Also make sure that your system date and time is correctly set!

It's set correctly, yes. And my signatures number never goes up, and stays at 6462618
piggypiggy
I have the same problem - databases and applications are always out of date

why?

I formatted and re-install windows 7 on Sunday and installed the Kaspersky IS 2012 on Monday. However, after downloaded over 100 MB data, it said " database have not been updated for a long time". I pressed "run update" for couple of times, and got the same results. I did uninstall and reinstall the kaspersky, and also disabled the proxy server, it was still not working. Today, I pressed "run update" again, and I got "Databases and applications are out of date". However, when you checked the detail report (update), you could see lots of "file updated" (e.g. File updated C:/ProgramData/Kaspersky Lab/AVP12/dskm/wmuf-0607g.krg 2011/12/22 下午 09:49:59) and you can also see " task completed". The signatures is 6984411.

Does anyone know how to solve it ? 

btw, what is the meaning of "make sure that your system date and time is correctly set" ? I got a little bit confused.
The date and the time on the Taskbar is the same as my clock's on the table. Does it mean "the system date and time is correct"?

anyway, thanks a lot !
rudger79
Everyone:

Reboot.

Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Also, Please post the link of your GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395
waneck
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 21.12.2011 13:30) *
Everyone:

Reboot.

Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

And Settings > fourth icon (cardboard box) > Appearance > enable Animate taskbar icon > ok.

Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update, then lower left > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Also, Please post the link of your GSI report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395

My first message already contained the detailed report. I've already tried everything you've said, and I still cannot update my kaspersky AV.
rudger79
QUOTE(waneck @ 21.12.2011 13:15) *
My first message already contained the detailed report.
Check your first message...do you see it?

Please post the update report and the GSI report.
waneck
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 21.12.2011 20:29) *
Check your first message...do you see it?

Please post the update report and the GSI report.

oops, sorry about that, I guess I just chose the file and didn't click the "upload" button.

Anyway, my GSI is here http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...1777cb43e176ce9
and I'm attaching the update report
rudger79
Please reset your hosts file to default: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Reboot, then free up an additional 11gb of space on C:\drive

Reboot then do 2 or 3 defrags with reboots in between.

After the above, un & re install KAV. Uninstall KAV > Reboot > reinstall KAV > reboot > do a database update > reboot.
piggypiggy
I have disabled the proxy + checked the system date/time + enable Animate taskbar icon, but still does not work.

anyway, below is the GUI link:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...dd17b4f19f7ee26

thanks a lot !
richbuff
QUOTE(piggypiggy @ 21.12.2011 08:22) *
...btw, what is the meaning of "make sure that your system date and time is correctly set" ? I got a little bit confused.
The date and the time on the Taskbar is the same as my clock's on the table. Does it mean "the system date and time is correct"?
Yes. Please make sure the time is correct, as you mentioned.

Your system date looks correct. Please make sure that the hour is correct, too. Your most recent entry in your update report shows 2011/12/22 09:05:30.

Is it 09:05 where you are?

Your update report shows update complete with no errors.
waneck
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 21.12.2011 21:04) *
Please reset your hosts file to default: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Reboot, then free up an additional 11gb of space on C:\drive

Reboot then do 2 or 3 defrags with reboots in between.

After the above, un & re install KAV. Uninstall KAV > Reboot > reinstall KAV > reboot > do a database update > reboot.

wow, are you kidding me? I mean, I'm a software dev myself so I wonder what piece of quality of a software will only run with an additional 11gb of space and 2 or 3 defrags. Is that really an issue there or just a recommendation because you don't know what can be? I also changed myself my hosts file, so it isn't the problem.
richbuff
No, he is not kidding. And since I am a moderator, I am not supposed to say the piracy is very very bad. But maybe I can, once in a while, if I don't overdo it too much.

Some people actually don't like piracy, and have no piracy stuff on their PCs. For real. True fact. Not kidding. Don't like it. And don't have it.

Any way, for diagnostics sake, please remove all piracy stuff from the PC > reboot. Any better? If not, please do not put the piracy stuff back on the PC, because piracy is very very bad.

Almost forgot: My posted content does not represent any policy nor opinion of The Company.

Almost almost forgot: Just fyi: official Tech Support is here: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk
rudger79
Nope, not kidding! It is recommended to have at least 15% free space on the partition with windows installation so windows and all other programs can function properly. It is not a requirement from Kaspersky, rather a generally accepted reality in the computing world. smile.gif

Currently your free space is about 4%.

If after following the recommendation and still having issues, post another link to a freshly run GSI.
waneck
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 22.12.2011 00:55) *
Nope, not kidding! It is recommended to have at least 15% free space on the partition with windows installation so windows and all other programs can function properly. It is not a requirement from Kaspersky, rather a generally accepted reality in the computing world. smile.gif

Currently your free space is about 4%.

If after following the recommendation and still having issues, post another link to a freshly run GSI.

ok, thank you for your insightful observations.
BOBMAC
Hi Everyone,

This morning when I started my computer windows wouldn't load so I did a rollback, however now my kaspersky databases are corrupted and I cannot update them or run any scans.

I have followed this advice:

Reboot.

Also, Please post the link of your GSI report :

My GSI report link is below

GSI Report

Many thanks

BOBMAC
rudger79
Welcome
QUOTE(BOBMAC @ 21.12.2011 20:50) *
This morning when I started my computer windows wouldn't load so I did a rollback,
Windows system restore or Kaspersky database rollback?

Uninstall Ask ToolBar, reboot then clear temp files and reboot: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/tech?...p;qid=208279128

Next Un & re install KIS. Uninstall KIS > reboot > reinstall KIS > reboot > do a database update > reboot. Recheck the animate taskbar icon option.

FYI, when doing windows system restore, always uninstall Kaspersky before the restore and reinstall after.
BOBMAC
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 22.12.2011 09:25) *
WelcomeWindows system restore or Kaspersky database rollback?

Uninstall Ask ToolBar, reboot then clear temp files and reboot: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/tech?...p;qid=208279128

Next Un & re install KIS. Uninstall KIS > reboot > reinstall KIS > reboot > do a database update > reboot. Recheck the animate taskbar icon option.

FYI, when doing windows system restore, always uninstall Kaspersky before the restore and reinstall after.

Thankyou

The database has been restored and scans run perfectly.

Thanks

Bobmac
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.