Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Antivirus 2012 Interferes with Subversion Tortoise SVN
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Ferrograph
I was previously using KAV 2011. Then I upgraded to KAV 2012.

Not previously had any issues using subversion for many years. After installing 2012 subversion started playing up and now wont commit files or any svn operation that sends data to the server. The subversion commit dialogue just hangs and after a long wait eventually returns a very strange error. If I use wireshark to look at the exchange with the server it appears that the stream of http when "sending content" just stops prematurely. The server logs an Apache error about not being able to "get next bucket brigade".

After a day of checking subversion client and server I got the wild notion to "Pause Protection" and then everything worked as normal. I have 2 PC's with this same issue since updating to 2012.

I tried making a URL exclusion with */svn/* but this does not work. This needs reporting as an issue with KAV, but in the mean time has anyone else had this issue and found a work around?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 32 & 64bit. TortoiseSVN 1.7.1. VisualSVN Server 2.5.1
PavelX1
Looks like i have got the same problem.

During sending content i got few types of errors:

Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response to MERGE
request for '/content/app/dev/Websites/mysite/branches/BR-5117/application'

And

Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in response to
Error: PUT request for '/content/!svn/wrk/1c4a35f2-841a-7125-94a5-1d735637134a/show/dev/common/LIB/branches/BR-5162/Nx/Ny/Records.php'
Finished!:

It started after i got offer to upgrade up to KIS 2012 and did it.
René Knuvers
I'm experiencing the same problem. When pausing the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 everything works all right without a glitch.

My system is running Win7/64bit and TortoiseSVN 1.7.1/64bit. Colleagues are experiencing the same problem under Vista.

I will try to nail down the problem to a single feature of KIS2012. Up to now the Tigris TortoiseSVN client has two entries in the 'trusted applications' list. I haven't figured out yet how I can set up a decent log file that shows what parts of the traffic are blocked (or what programs/DLL's), nor how to add all executables from the TortoiseSVN distribution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is starting to get annoying and a security risk with disabling the protection for 15 min each time!
Whizard
Open a TechSupport ticket at my.kaspersky.com
PavelX1
Also i have problems with Mercurial
Some projects just freze Workbench on `Pull` action. :-(
RaminMJJ
add this

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TSVNCache.exe"

and this

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoiseProc.exe"

to Trusted Applications
Nikolas Stevenson-Molnar
I am experiencing the same problem with TortoiseSVN. I first noticed the problem with HTTP PUT requests sent to a web application via AJAX. Sometimes these requests will succeed, and other times they will hang for about a minute and then fail. I switched the HTTP request to POST and it worked 100% of the time. The SVN problem I saw also related to a PUT request, so for whatever reason, KIS2012 seems to not like PUT requests...

_Nik
TonyBR
Getting the same thing here however the above exclusions doesn't help the copy of Tortoise I have running XP Mode (a VM) on Windows 7x64. The host Win7 machine has Kaspersky.
It's impossible to tell Kaspersky to ignore that copy of Tortoise, I guess my question is how do I get it to ignore the XP Mode VM completely?
TryAndError
Got also the same problem. The deactivation of the IM-Anti-Virus Modul helped. Deactivating all options had no success.
Alex Tailor
I have the same problem. I've been using TortoiseSVN on Win7x64 for several years and didn't experience any troubles with KIS before version 2012. Now almost all SVN-commit operations fail if they are preceeded by adding many (about 200-300) files to svn-project at a time.
Using Wireshark I see that TCP-interaction suddenly stops while PUT or PROPPATCH request being sent. After that in two minutes remote server returns 400 Bad Request for PROPPATCH or 500 Internal Server Error for PUT.
I'm a little bit frustrated with KIS 2012 and probably would like to downgrade it to the previous version if problem won't be fixed soon.
Whizard
Did you open a my.kaspersky.com request? This is a user forum.
Jimmygg
I have been running SVN and TortoiseSVN for years with no problems when I had Norton (free from Comcast) installed. I'm running Windows 7 x64.
When I switched to Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 I can no longer use SVN or clients (i.e. Dreamweaver CS5) to checkin (commit) files. It hangs FOREVER! If I PAUSE Kaspersky, everything works normally. I Googled the problem and it seems like others are experiencing the same problem!
This is REALLY frustrating because I thought Kaspersky was a much better product than Norton.
Does anyone out there have a solution so I don't have switch back to Norton?
Jimmygg
I just installed Kaspersky 2012 Internet Security a few days ago. I NOW cannot use SVN (TortoiseSVN) because it hangs during checkins. Did you get a solution to this problem?

QUOTE(Ferrograph @ 15.11.2011 13:19) *
I was previously using KAV 2011. Then I upgraded to KAV 2012.

Not previously had any issues using subversion for many years. After installing 2012 subversion started playing up and now wont commit files or any svn operation that sends data to the server. The subversion commit dialogue just hangs and after a long wait eventually returns a very strange error. If I use wireshark to look at the exchange with the server it appears that the stream of http when "sending content" just stops prematurely. The server logs an Apache error about not being able to "get next bucket brigade".

After a day of checking subversion client and server I got the wild notion to "Pause Protection" and then everything worked as normal. I have 2 PC's with this same issue since updating to 2012.

I tried making a URL exclusion with */svn/* but this does not work. This needs reporting as an issue with KAV, but in the mean time has anyone else had this issue and found a work around?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 7 32 & 64bit. TortoiseSVN 1.7.1. VisualSVN Server 2.5.1

richbuff
Welcome. Did you see the posts that instruct to contact Tech Support? Please scroll up to review them.

Third request in this topic thread to inform Tech Support: Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Jimmygg
Yes I did!!!!
I sent a very descriptive email describing the problem. What I got back was a CANNED reply telling me to run ReportMaker and return the results. They have got to be kidding! The report tells everything about my system and I would NEVER send that information to ANYONE - not even the pope smile.gif That's why I posting the problem here so that other people can see the problem!!!!

QUOTE(richbuff @ 7.02.2012 02:32) *
Welcome. Did you see the posts that instruct to contact Tech Support? Please scroll up to review them.

Third request in this topic thread to inform Tech Support: Pending hopeful possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Baz^^
The report tells everything about my system and I would NEVER send that information to ANYONE - not even the pope

As a software developer I can tell you that without detailed debug logs, a developer can rarely diagnose/fix a problem with their code.

That's why I posting the problem here so that other people can see the problem!!!!

But that also means that your problem will probably not get fixed, as it relies upon the end user(s) (you) cooperating with technical support and providing the logs that they request.
Jimmygg
That is AMATEUR talk! I have been a software engineer for over 30 years (retired now) and my description of the problem was very concise and to the point.

There have been other reports of the SAME problem! They (Kaspersky) know that this is a problem with their firewall monitoring program and they don't have a fix for it. If you (or any other user) is so naive to send a full report of your system to anyone you don't know or in response to a canned email from any technical support group, then you deserve to be "hacked someday" because you're stupid!
I didn't like Norton (free from Comcast) and thought Kaspersky would be better. I guess it's the old saying "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't"!

QUOTE(Baz^^ @ 7.02.2012 16:05) *
As a software developer I can tell you that without detailed debug logs, a developer can rarely diagnose/fix a problem with their code.
But that also means that your problem will probably not get fixed, as it relies upon the end user(s) (you) cooperating with technical support and providing the logs that they request.

Baz^^
QUOTE(Jimmygg @ 7.02.2012 23:11) *
That is AMATEUR talk! I have been a software engineer for over 30 years (retired now) and my description of the problem was very concise and to the point.

There have been other reports of the SAME problem! They (Kaspersky) know that this is a problem with their firewall monitoring program and they don't have a fix for it. If you (or any other user) is so naive to send a full report of your system to anyone you don't know or in response to a canned email from any technical support group, then you deserve to be "hacked someday" because you're stupid!
I didn't like Norton (free from Comcast) and thought Kaspersky would be better. I guess it's the old saying "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't"!

Again, you must understand that you can't get a direct path to the component developers from your first interaction with technical support. They must follow a set protocol to obtain logs, traces, dumps etc to capture the behaviour before the issue can be escalated to higher levels of support the development team. This is a standard way for product support to operate. A description, however detailed in most cases simply isn't enough.
Bottom line is if you don't want to cooperate with technical support, then you can't complain if your issue is not fixed. If you are concerned about the implications of sending a report to the technical support service of your anti-virus provider because you will get "hacked", perhaps you should unplug your computer from the internet.
RaminMJJ
smile.gif biggrin.gif
I found a solution . it's simple. just replace your host name with your IP server.
if doesn't work remove secure protocol in svn server on your Server Machine.
Anti-Spam
QUOTE(RaminMJJ @ 3.04.2012 13:57) *
I found a solution . it's simple. just replace your host name with your IP server.
if doesn't work remove secure protocol in svn server on your Server Machine.

my workaround : disable a network inspection - see picture
Click to view attachment
dash1.gif
RaminMJJ
QUOTE(Anti-Spam @ 30.04.2012 02:07) *
my workaround : disable a network inspection - see picture
Click to view attachment
dash1.gif

Set same setting for tsvncashe.exe
brentj
QUOTE(TryAndError @ 20.01.2012 22:11) *
Got also the same problem. The deactivation of the IM-Anti-Virus Modul helped. Deactivating all options had no success.

This worked for me - I tried other options, but it does look like it's the IM Anti-Virus that's causing the problem. I've raised a ticket with Kaspersky as well but at least this works as a workaround for now.
rudger79
Welcome
QUOTE(brentj @ 14.09.2012 04:23) *
I tried other options,
Including upgrading (free) to version 2013?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.