Help - Search - Members
Full Version: BLOCK on a Motorola phone
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for mobile devices
required_alias
Thought I posted this the other day but can't find it.
I have a Motorola Atrix and installed Kaspersky Mobile Security on it a couple of weeks ago.
So far, I'm very pleased. With one exception.
Anti-Theft Block. When I 'Enable Block' and hit 'Back' or 'Home,' I get the following . . .

"Default Home Screen Changed"
The default Home Screen has been changed by another application
Block Disabled"

Contacted support and received a response MS doesn't work with Motorola phones. I presume the rep knows this to be a known problem.
Left unsaid was which company was responsible for the incompatibility and whether or not either company was working to resolve this.
Finally, the rep advised me to get an app that changes screens - it may solve the problem - but I have lost the response.
FWIW, I have an app called 'Executive Assistant' as my default LOCK screen but, AFAIK, I am using the default home screen for my Atrix.

I would like someone to give me the name of the screen-change app, give me any info possible if this incompatibility is 'forever' or 'to be resolved quickly, and any workarounds that may exist.
lapin
Firstly, read the following topic
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=203668
required_alias
QUOTE(lapin @ 23.09.2011 22:25) *

Thanks for the reply. I presume I found the answer as follows . . .
"I ended up correcting the problem by installing Home Switcher app and Launchpro app. This enables you to switch to Kaspersky for default. Launchpro will screw your home screen up so you have to go back to home switcher and pick your Motorola home."

I have installed LauncherPro and have spent too many hours failing at setting it up. Any way I can contact the poster of the above and get guidance?
lapin
QUOTE(required_alias @ 28.09.2011 16:22) *
Thanks for the reply. I presume I found the answer as follows . . .
"I ended up correcting the problem by installing Home Switcher app and Launchpro app. This enables you to switch to Kaspersky for default. Launchpro will screw your home screen up so you have to go back to home switcher and pick your Motorola home."

I have installed LauncherPro and have spent too many hours failing at setting it up. Any way I can contact the poster of the above and get guidance?

This malfunction on motorola devices is a bit weird.
To contact him, click on him name and then send message.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.