Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Want to Reformat
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
DonLeon
first of all, sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong sub forum
i've just bought the 1 year 3 PC license today
finished already installed in 3 PCs in my home

now i want to ask something, Maybe in the future, i want to reformat my computer... is the license still working?
ive joined the My Kaspersky account too

thx
Thomas Marchant
Hi DonLeon

In short Yes, you can reapply your Kaspersky Licence after a reformat.

In order to make sure the process is completed successfully you will need to do one of the following prior to formatting.

1 - Run the Kaspersky removal tool on your PC, then reformat. ( removal tool can be found here http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/kavremover.exe )
2 - Uninstall Kaspersky from your PC via the control panel and ensure that you DO NOT check "Save application data". Then reformat.
3 - Delete the Kaspersky licence manually via the licence manager (this can be done by pressing the red cross and selecting "delete")

Once you have reformatted just install Kaspersky as you usually would.

Thanks
DonLeon
QUOTE(Thomas Marchant @ 26.08.2011 15:41) *
Hi DonLeon

In order to make sure the process is completed successfully you will need to do one of the following prior to formatting.

1 - Run the Kaspersky removal tool on your PC, then reformat. ( removal tool can be found here http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/kavremover.exe )
2 - Uninstall Kaspersky from your PC via the control panel and ensure that you DO NOT check "Save application data". Then reformat.
3 - Delete the Kaspersky licence manually via the licence manager (this can be done by pressing the red cross and selecting "delete")

Thanks

thx brother
is that is the only way?
i will copy that to notepad, in case i need to reformat
Thomas Marchant
Hi DonLeon

Those are the best ways to make sure that you dont exceed your activation count.
Reformatting although it removes the keyfile from your computer, will not tell our activation server that the file is no longer in use.
Meaning that there is a chance when you reinstall and activate the product, that the product will fail to activate because our activation server thinks that it is still installed on 3 PC's

Thanks
Piyush Arya
My laptop crashed recently. So I had to format my hard disk completely. Now can I reuse my Kaspersky activation key(3 PC key. All the 3 keys have been used) again although I couldn't perform the steps you prescribed.
Also if I wish to replace this laptop with a new one, could I use my old key in the new laptop.
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Piyush Arya @ 27.08.2011 15:59) *
My laptop crashed recently. So I had to format my hard disk completely. Now can I reuse my Kaspersky activation key(3 PC key. All the 3 keys have been used) again although I couldn't perform the steps you prescribed.
Also if I wish to replace this laptop with a new one, could I use my old key in the new laptop.

Yes, you can use it several times....just only on the 3 pc's of course! So there is room for reformating.
dh27564
QUOTE(Piyush Arya @ 27.08.2011 09:59) *

Having to uninstall before formatting may be something new. It's always been my understanding that simply formatting and then reinstalling was perfectly fine. Maybe someone else could jump in here to verify this.

In regards to a new laptop, uninstall from the old one before installing on the new one. Your current activation code will work just fine with Kaspersky on the new machine.
richbuff
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 27.08.2011 07:05) *
QUOTE(Piyush Arya)

Yes, you can use it several times....just only on the 3 pc's of course! So there is room for reformating.

...Maybe someone else could jump in here to verify this.
In addition to what has been posted above in this topic, there is a Tech Article: http://support.kaspersky.com/kis2012/license?qid=208284301
Piyush Arya
My laptop has suddenly crashed and has become beyond repair. It had kaspersky installed in it (3PC key). How can I use my old key in my new laptop? Please suggest me.
wiskas
QUOTE(Piyush Arya @ 28.08.2011 20:28) *
My laptop has suddenly crashed and has become beyond repair. It had kaspersky installed in it (3PC key). How can I use my old key in my new laptop? Please suggest me.

Try registering your orginal key in the new laptop. If that does not work, contact your local Kaspersky support and explain what happened. I am sure they will assist you. smile.gif
richbuff
Also,

Merged.

Please bookmark, or make note of this link: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=216090

Please click it, and scroll down and read your replies. Use the Add Reply button, instead of the New Topic button, to reply to the same issue. That makes it easier to follow your issue.

Also, when you log onto the forum, you can click your user name at the bottom of the main forum (Board Index) or top of the page and
then select Find members topics (and posts), from the options.

That way, it is not a new topic for every reply.
ayham.1994
QUOTE(Thomas Marchant @ 26.08.2011 11:41) *
Hi DonLeon

Thanks

hiiii , ur saying uninstall kis then delete licence ??? it is impssible to do that !!!!! , or ur meaning delete licence before uninstalling kis ???? help me cuz a have the same problem .... sad.gif

rudger79
QUOTE(ayham.1994 @ 29.08.2011 05:03) *
ur saying...
You answer is here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1717189
Thomas Marchant

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.