Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Kaspersky Update location
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Business
Faizan Baig
Dear All,

In kaspersky Admin kit, Which location of virus definition updation are saved
In kaspersky Workstation ,Which location of Virus definition updation are saved

My another query is ,if i have change the location of kaspersky workstation on drive D: so why update are going to save on drive C:
Helmut
1. C:\Progam files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\share\updates\
or C:\Progam files (86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\share\updates\

2. You can change this path in the registry. Search for "Data root". This looks as C:\Documents and Settings\.......
Faizan Baig
QUOTE(Helmut @ 7.06.2011 11:08) *
1. C:\Progam files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\share\updates\
or C:\Progam files (86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\share\updates\

2. You can change this path in the registry. Search for "Data root". This looks as C:\Documents and Settings\.......

Now My query is that if I use kaspersky Workstation 6.0.4.1424,and I have save KAV in D: location.This KAV workstation is individual client with out adminkit
But my question is that after installation all updates are save in c: drive location .How i am change this path to drive D: location.
I do not want to save any update of kaspersky in drive C:
Helmut
You must change the value from: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\AVP80\environment\Data Root\
or: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYSWOW64\KasperskyLab\protected\AVP80\environment

For example: D:\your folder\xyz.......

Create a .reg and deploy this with the AK.
Faizan Baig
QUOTE(Helmut @ 8.06.2011 09:10) *
You must change the value from: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\AVP80\environment\Data Root\
or: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYSWOW64\KasperskyLab\protected\AVP80\environment

For example: D:\your folder\xyz.......

Create a .reg and deploy this with the AK.

I have change the location of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP60MP4 to E:\AVP60MP4 .but they are not change.i am also upload the snapshot.
kindly see
Helmut
You must disable self defense first. Then you can modify the registry.
Faizan Baig
QUOTE(Helmut @ 9.06.2011 11:01) *
You must disable self defense first. Then you can modify the registry.

I have change the location on Drive E: and then start update
Update is start but not all component update
I have upload snapshot of this
and also If i have change the location so why old update are not remove automatically
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.