Help - Search - Members
Full Version: New computer
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
evets123
I will shortly be getting a new computer and would like to know how do i transfer my Kaspersky Internet Security to the new one? thanks
Berny
Hello

Uninstall KIS from from your old computer

Download and install the latest KIS version on the new computer
To activate Kaspersky on the new computer use your current licence with format xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Take care before installing Kaspersky on the new computer
to remove any preinstalled other security suite.
evets123
Hello Berny,
Thank you for that explanation,i will now know what to do.

This may be a silly question but why do i need to uninstall KIS from the old computer?

Steve
antikythera
so it cannot be used concurrently with the new one and invalidate your licence
Marko13
What kind of license do you have (1,3, or 5 PC)? What is the number of machines that now have KIS installed?
sasomkd
QUOTE(evets123 @ 31.05.2011 19:01) *
I will shortly be getting a new computer and would like to know how do i transfer my Kaspersky Internet Security to the new one? thanks

If you have licence for 1 computer then you should uninstall first from your old PC but if you have licence for 3 or 5 PC then you dont have to do that just install it on your new PC and enjoy in your protection and web surfing.
evets123
Thanks everyone,i only have licence for one computer so will uninstall from old one first.cheers
Berny
QUOTE(sasomkd @ 31.05.2011 20:41) *
you dont have to do that

It is the same rule, if 3 or 5 users have been activated,
then you have to uninstall ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.