Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Update files are corrupted
Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > Update Utility
ramicakl
What caused this error since updating to new version?

Running newest Updater.exe (3.5.0.34) and KasperskyUpdater.exe (2.2.1.99) on Windows 7 64bit.

Have 3 other computers on my LAN all with KIS 2010 and 2011

The updater was working great until I updated to the newer version.

Since then, I get the "Update files are corrupted" message from all the computers trying to access the files.

The Updater itself seems to be working fine - gets updated files without any error messages on schedule about once a day.

The Report seems to list an xml file in the \updates\index folder just before it generates the update files are corrupted error. Right now that file is called u0607g.xml

Have already tried uninstalling and reinstalled to new directory.

Unfortunately, I got rid of the prior version of Updater and can't find it on the Kaspersky site or elsewhere.

Thanks for you help!

Alex Zemchikhin
Hi!
Try this: delete all ".xml" files from "Temp" and "Updates" folders of utility and start update utility again.
tigertron
I have the same problem like ramicakl, but it only appear if the update folder is through http. If I update from the same folder, but trought local source the problem is gone. This error appear imediately KIS download the file u0607g.xml. From local source the update process is done with no errors, only if the folder is accessed trought http. Can the problem is that we must make a folder with differentiated updates to update KIS from network (virtual via http)?
Alex Zemchikhin
Hello, tigertron, ramicakl.

Have you tried to do this?
QUOTE(Alex Zemtchihin @ 30.03.2011 22:21) *
Hi!
Try this: delete all ".xml" files from "Temp" and "Updates" folders of utility and start update utility again.
ramicakl
Still getting the "update files are corrupted" and the error message does refer to that u0607g.xml in the index folder.
Deleted all the .xml files, am connected to a local mapped drive on my LAN.

Again, the prior version of Updater worked fine for me. Only having problems since updating.

Can someone please let me know where I can just find the prior version of Updater? I can't find it to download on the develper site.

For now, I have each computer updating to the Kaspersky servers. What a waste of bandwidth.

More importantly than just for my little LAN, this is a real disadvantage for Kaspersky in recommending Kaspersky to my small business customers.

Alex Zemchikhin
QUOTE(ramicakl @ 7.04.2011 20:14) *
Still getting the "update files are corrupted" and the error message does refer to that u0607g.xml in the index folder.
Deleted all the .xml files, am connected to a local mapped drive on my LAN.

Again, the prior version of Updater worked fine for me. Only having problems since updating.

Can someone please let me know where I can just find the prior version of Updater? I can't find it to download on the develper site.

For now, I have each computer updating to the Kaspersky servers. What a waste of bandwidth.

More importantly than just for my little LAN, this is a real disadvantage for Kaspersky in recommending Kaspersky to my small business customers.

Attach the archive with report and ss_storage files.
tigertron
QUOTE(Alex Zemtchihin @ 7.04.2011 10:04) *

Yes, I try this and the result is the same - "update files are corupted"

QUOTE(Alex Zemtchihin @ 7.04.2011 19:30) *
Attach the archive with report and ss_storage files.

Here is the archive with report, ss_storage and trace log:
Click to view attachment
tigertron
I have solved my problem. It was the server issue.
chegz79
QUOTE(tigertron @ 11.04.2011 19:23) *
I have solved my problem. It was the server issue.

Hi all.

Im new to this, nd not to sure how to do things. I keep getting the "corrupted files" message as well when i try to update the ati virus. My roll back verson wnt work either. How do i delete all the ".xml" files in TEMP and UPDATES? Can i do one search and Delet all, or do i hae to search each for file? Where abouts do i look?

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance frany assistance.
Alex Zemchikhin
Hi!
What is name and version of application?
tigertron
QUOTE(chegz79 @ 28.04.2011 12:29) *
Hi all.

Im new to this, nd not to sure how to do things. I keep getting the "corrupted files" message as well when i try to update the ati virus. My roll back verson wnt work either. How do i delete all the ".xml" files in TEMP and UPDATES? Can i do one search and Delet all, or do i hae to search each for file? Where abouts do i look?

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance frany assistance.

Yes, do search in the folder where is stored TEMP and UPDATES folders. For search options choose *.xml In the result window select all files and make deletion.
But, can you please post a log from the update so can I see what exactly is the error?
HaydnWVN
QUOTE(Alex Zemtchihin @ 7.04.2011 07:04) *

Having a similar problem.

Have tried deleting all .xml files, it updated and downloaded them but my Kaspersky reports files are still corrupted. Manually copied them from an old distribution i've got backed up (from a few weeks ago) and it still reports the same...

See attached file for the error. I might refresh my whole update distribution folder, but this will cause me problems if it does it frequently - we're not on a great connection sad.gif
HaydnWVN
QUOTE(HaydnWVN @ 8.11.2011 09:12) *
I might refresh my whole update distribution folder

Done but problem still exists.

Am now updating my distribution folder using Kaspersky itself (rather than Updater) to see if problem is resolved.
HaydnWVN
Using Kaspersky to populate the new distribution folder after Updater seems to have resolved my corrupted/missing files issue.

So i think the question is - what does the Kaspersky Update feature do that the Update Utility is missing?
HaydnWVN
Had another corrupted file this morning...

Whenever i encounter one i use the inbuilt Kaspersky update distribution to solve it (and then disable it after). But is there anything else i should be doing?

File updated C:/ProgramData/Kaspersky Lab/AVP60MP4/Dskm/wmuf-0607g.krg 07/12/2011 08:00:17
Task completed 07/12/2011 08:00:18
Task started 07/12/2011 07:56:01
Update files are corrupted \\FILESERVER/public/WindowsProgs/Virus_Updates/KAV/Update distribution/bases/av/emu/x64/kjim.kdl 07/12/2011 07:57:59
Update source selected \\FILESERVER/public/WindowsProgs/Virus_Updates/KAV/Update distribution/ 07/12/2011 07:56:01
Updates distribution is in progress 07/12/2011 07:58:03
File downloaded bases/upd/upd-0607g.xml 07/12/2011 07:56:10 1.3 KB
File downloaded bases/as/pas/pas-0607g.xml 07/12/2011 07:56:06 1.9 KB
brawngp
QUOTE(HaydnWVN @ 7.12.2011 11:17) *
Had another corrupted file this morning...

Whenever i encounter one i use the inbuilt Kaspersky update distribution to solve it (and then disable it after). But is there anything else i should be doing?

File updated C:/ProgramData/Kaspersky Lab/AVP60MP4/Dskm/wmuf-0607g.krg 07/12/2011 08:00:17
Task completed 07/12/2011 08:00:18
Task started 07/12/2011 07:56:01
Update files are corrupted \\FILESERVER/public/WindowsProgs/Virus_Updates/KAV/Update distribution/bases/av/emu/x64/kjim.kdl 07/12/2011 07:57:59
Update source selected \\FILESERVER/public/WindowsProgs/Virus_Updates/KAV/Update distribution/ 07/12/2011 07:56:01
Updates distribution is in progress 07/12/2011 07:58:03
File downloaded bases/upd/upd-0607g.xml 07/12/2011 07:56:10 1.3 KB
File downloaded bases/as/pas/pas-0607g.xml 07/12/2011 07:56:06 1.9 KB

What do you mean by that? use kaspersky's own updater and point it to the updater utility's updater files you mean?

I too have got the corrupted files message, first update utility files worked great, then i updated them again and using kaspersky to update from these files says they are corrupted, how come?
HaydnWVN
QUOTE(brawngp @ 12.12.2011 20:33) *
What do you mean by that? use kaspersky's own updater and point it to the updater utility's updater files you mean?

Yes that's exactly what i've been doing, it saves re-downloading the whole distribution directory again (which is the other 'fix' after following the instructions above).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.