Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Database won't update
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
daisypop
Hi,
I'm an absolute amateur at computers and this security notification keeps popping up about my computer being at risk due to the database being out of date, when i click 'fix it now', updating databases and application modules comes up with 0% next to it and it says duration:Unknown. I leave it for hours and it doesn't change.

I'm wondering if anyone could explain to me in very simple terms how i might fix this, my licence has 273 days remaining so i know its not that, and i have the 2010 version of Kaspersky.

Thanks in advance
richbuff
Welcome. Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, drop down > My Update center, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the first Important topic.
daisypop
QUOTE(richbuff @ 17.01.2011 02:00) *
Welcome. Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok.

If still no go, attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, drop down > My Update center, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the first Important topic.

Thank You so so so much! The first bit worked. You are a legend! THANK YOU!!!!
daisypop
QUOTE(daisypop @ 17.01.2011 19:24) *
Thank You so so so much! The first bit worked. You are a legend! THANK YOU!!!!

Hi,
The same thing has happened again.. i tried the proxy thing again but as the box is already unchecked it didnt work so ive attached the thing you asked for, i hope you can help!!
Thanks!!
richbuff
The most recent entry is three days ago. Please check system date is correct, then attach the most current portion of the update report and post your gsi report link if still no go.
daisypop
QUOTE(richbuff @ 10.02.2011 21:20) *
The most recent entry is three days ago. Please check system date is correct, then attach the most current portion of the update report and post your gsi report link if still no go.

When i turned it on this morning it just started updating automatically, very strange.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.