Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Updating WS to 6.0.4.1424 using AdminKit8.0
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Business
Cesar R
Hello.

Yesterday I updated our AK to 8.0 and downloaded the installer for Workstations (kav6.0.4.1424_winserven.exe). I created a task to uninstall the old version (6.0.4.1212) which doesnt uninstall the old Network Agent (is that correct)?

I then deploy the new version from the AK and I see that it copies and successfully installs the new Network Agent BUT when it starts to install the AV part not only do I lose connectivity to the workstation (via RDP) but the computer seems to disconnect from the network and it wont reboot even if told to as part of the deployment.

Is there a bug? Any additional steps that I need to take?

Thank you,

ceez

Cesar R
anyone?
Tybilly
Hello,

Citation (Cesar R @ 13.01.2011 20:38) *
Hello.

Yesterday I updated our AK to 8.0 and downloaded the installer for Workstations (kav6.0.4.1424_winserven.exe). I created a task to uninstall the old version (6.0.4.1212) which doesnt uninstall the old Network Agent (is that correct)?

No, kav6.0.4.1424_winserven.exe is designed to protect server operating systems not workstations, you have to download KAV 6.0 for Windows Workstations.

Citation (Cesar R @ 13.01.2011 20:38) *
I then deploy the new version from the AK and I see that it copies and successfully installs the new Network Agent BUT when it starts to install the AV part not only do I lose connectivity to the workstation (via RDP) but the computer seems to disconnect from the network and it wont reboot even if told to as part of the deployment.

Is there a bug? Any additional steps that I need to take?

If you have installed the right package then yes this is a normal behavior. During the Installation process all network connections are reinitialized to implement network filtering (NDIS Filter). You can prevent this only on workstations running MS Windows XP 32 bits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.