Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Full scan stops at 99%
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
mboss
Hi

I have Windows 7 64 bit. I have KIS 2011, version 11.0.1.400. I have attempted to run the full scan 3 times. Each time, it gets to 99% and then just sits there. You can't stop the scan. I have to shut down my computer and force the close of the background programs in order to stop it. I have left the computer running all day, and it never finishes - just gets to 99% and that is where it stays.

I read a similar topic and the suggestion was to turn off heuristic analysis, which I did. The full scan still gets to 99% and then just sits there.

My hubby's computer is also Windows 7 64 bit, but his full scan completed. I have a lot more programs and data on my computer, so I don't know what might be impacting it.

Are there any other suggestions on changing settings that would get the scan to complete?

Thanks very much - and Happy New Year!
sprog
I wouldn't turn off heuristic scanning without being advised to do so by a moderator here on the forum or Tech support.

Give this a try:
Go to your KIS settings. And uncheck 'Proxy Server' in your 'Update Settings' > 'Update Source'.

I'd also highly recommend that you update to the latest version of KIS (version 2011 build 11.0.2.556). All upgrades are free within your license period. Please follow these instructions to upgrade. This could also assist in clearing your issue
Marko13
Also, in addition to upgrading to CF2 build, does it freeze on some partucular file?

Try checking this similar thread :http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=192931

mboss
Thanks guys - I'll try these things. Re the upgrade, when I installed (about 2 weeks ago), the process told me that there was an upgrade and to download that, which I did - so I thought I had the latest, Iguess that there has been another upgrade in the meantime. I'll download and install that.

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.
mboss
Well, I downloaded the updated version. When I try to do the install, it tells me a prior version has been detected to uninstall that version first. So I go to the 'repair or remove' in the Kaspersky folder and click remove, but keeping the activation and operation settings. I get Error 1922 - stating that anti-virus couldn't be removed and to verify you have privileges to remove system services. Not sure what I need to do to check this, but I'm the only user on my computer - I don't have anything special set up to prevent me from installing/uninstalling. And I didn't have any issues doing the uninstall of the 2010 KIS and the install of the 2011 KIS.

Fortunately, the process let me do a rollback, but it appears that I can't install the latest version. Should I open another topic for help on this? Thanks.
Marko13
Please post GSI report.

Try removing your old KIS with kaspersky remover: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Make sure you have you license code ready before you run this tool!
mboss
QUOTE(Marko13 @ 1.01.2011 12:03) *
Please post GSI report.

Try removing your old KIS with kaspersky remover: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Make sure you have you license code ready before you run this tool!

Thanks Marko13 - I'll try that. I'll have to read up on GSI reporting, been a while since I've done that.
mboss
Thanks all for the help. I used the kaspersky remover to uninstall the version of 2011 KIS and then installed the newest version. Ran the full scan - completed in 1 hour. Thanks again - happy new year all.
Greyferal
Hiyya mboss same set up as you and mate the scans get quicker I have mine set to full hueristics and scan everything on the machines with everything connected externals (HDD etc) included, and used to "seem" to get stuck at 99%. Takes about 35 mins now (still hangs around at 99%)- was about an hour like yours - it just seems to "remember" stuff and I have a lot of music and pics on the machine and backups. You'll find criticals and vunerables will go in a flash too - just a great set up. But there again you might have more pics etc than me but you can have tea while it's doing it lol!! b_lol1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.