Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Kaspersky Online Scanner License Expired
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
2harts4ever
Good morning,

I use your online scanner about once or twice every few weeks to back up my regular anti-virus program. biggrin.gif

This morning when I went to use it I got the following message:

" ... Kaspersky Online Scanner License Expired ..."

Does this mean I can't use the Online scanner anymore sad.gif or do I have a problem with my settings? ohmy.gif

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever wub.gif wub.gif
decka
Hi

I am also receiving this error.

Thanks
norwegian
Confirmed here too.

Turned off pro-active defense, deleted last activeX from last scanner. All induvidually, and each time rebooting the browser, all came back with the expired message. Sounds like you have a server problem fellas
ronny
Same here sad.gif
Because i don't have Kaspersky installed on all my computers, i like to perform an online scan on those without KAV to control the installed anti-virus (eTrust, F-secure) there. Also i use the Kaspersky online scan to show people who use none or other scanners the "detectionpower" wink.gif of Kaspersky. so i sincerely hope this is a temporary notfunctioning from the Kaspersky online scanner.
Don Pelotas
Try to uninstall it from add/remove programs and reinstall/use it.
Ivan Krasnov
Where from do you download KOS? Please specify full address of our website. rolleyes.gif
Artem Petukhov
QUOTE(Ivan Krasnov @ 4.08.2006 19:23)
Where from do you download KOS? Please specify full address of our website.  rolleyes.gif

http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...kavwebscan.html
Ivan Krasnov
Thanks, Artem! rolleyes.gif

I`ve already contacted our developers.

We`ll fix it as soon as possible. cool.gif
Artem Petukhov
QUOTE(Ivan Krasnov @ 4.08.2006 19:31)
Thanks, Artem!  rolleyes.gif

We`ll fix it as soon as possible.  cool.gif

Thank you Ivan!
Ivan Krasnov
QUOTE(Artem Petukhov @ 4.08.2006 17:32)
Thank you Ivan!

You are welcome, Artem! cool.gif

Are you able to stay alive a bit without Online scanner? rolleyes.gif
Ivan Krasnov
QUOTE(Ivan Krasnov @ 4.08.2006 17:31)
Thanks, Artem!  rolleyes.gif

We`ll fix it as soon as possible.  cool.gif

Unfortunately we have occured some diffcult problems. sad.gif

Our developers will release new version of KOS at next week. blink.gif

Now KOS is not available. We are sorry about this situation.

Thank you for understanding. cool.gif
norwegian
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 4.08.2006 22:20)

Didn't do much to help Don. But for some reason, pro active in ver 356 said it was riskware when uninstalling ?
ronny
I see. Thank you Ivan Krasnov for info. One week without K Online Scan should be no problem. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 4.08.2006 16:20)

Thanks Don for replying. That was the first thing i tried but as norwegian already said: it doesn't help.
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(ronny @ 4.08.2006 17:03)
I see. Thank you Ivan Krasnov for info. One week without K Online Scan should be no problem. biggrin.gif
Thanks Don for replying. That was the first thing i tried but as norwegian already said: it doesn't help.

Yes, thank you, Ivan, for confirming.

In another situation like this, try to uninstall from add/remove programs and reinstall, it has been the cure before when the problem was local = on your pc. smile.gif
dbg10
I had the same problem today but also when I visited the URL I usually download it from the link to the Online Scanner was gone. I found the link in the source code of the page and used it, only to receive the message that my license had expired. One week to wait ...not a problem. smile.gif
Tybilly
Hi,

Have you got any news about this issue?

Thank you in advance.
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Tybilly @ 8.08.2006 12:00)
Hi,

Have you got any news about this issue?

Thank you in advance.

No, we have to wait a bit, probably late this week or early next week.
Tybilly
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 8.08.2006 11:17)
No, we have to wait a bit, probably late this week or early next week.

Thank you for your answer Don.

Do you think we will have a new version of Kaspersky Online Scanner next week?

Or is it just a problem with the licence key? wink.gif
Whizard
The problem is with the version itself smile.gif
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Tybilly @ 8.08.2006 13:07)
Thank you for your answer Don.

Do you think we will have a new version of Kaspersky Online Scanner next week?

Or is it just a problem with the licence key?  wink.gif

Yes, most definitely according to what has been said.
Piston Ron
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 8.08.2006 08:21)
Yes, most definitely according to what has been said.

FWIW, the online scanner has been back up since yesterday.

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Ron smile.gif
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Piston Ron @ 8.08.2006 16:07)

Ron smile.gif

Thank you, Ron, never use it myself. smile.gif
norwegian
QUOTE(Piston Ron @ 8.08.2006 22:07)

Ron smile.gif

Still getting the error here Ron
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(norwegian @ 8.08.2006 16:52)
Still getting the error here Ron

well, they did say it this week at the earliest, patience, patience. wink.gif
norwegian
No worries Don. Just that with Panda and email spam, and Trend not being able to run the kernel scanner, and only via java, this sites scanner is at the top of my list. :-)
Lucian Bara
strange, it works here.
Piston Ron
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 8.08.2006 10:13)
Thank you, Ron, never use it myself. smile.gif

Neither have I, Don --- don't like IE/ActiveX, you know. wink.gif

I saw a few posts in the a.p.s NG about it being back up, and I noticed that the link was once again active. I have seen some complaints, though, about an "invalid license" for the online scanner. Does anyone know anything about that?

Ron smile.gif
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(Piston Ron @ 8.08.2006 20:49)
Does anyone know anything about that?

Ron smile.gif

No, nothing more than the message that it would take about a week before it was ready again.
lodore
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 8.08.2006 18:53)
No, nothing more than the message that it would take about a week before it was ready again.

hi i got the same error message so i uninstalled it in add and remove programs today then run it and it worked fine

and on the page it says warning uninstall previsos version or it will not work
lodore
2harts4ever
Hi everyone,

I just finished uninstalling my previous KAV on line scanner from my Add/Remove Programs and then reinstalled it without getting the License error message.

I just now finished running a complete On-Line scan and all is well. So, apparently all is working again. biggrin.gif

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever wub.gif wub.gif
norwegian
Found last time when i tried it, there was an activeX wanted permission on the main page,it didn't show this time. Not the one off the actual scanner activeX either. Also i still had the installer from the last time it failed. Deleted that and it is presently downloading definitions for the scan.

Also I didn't get the full IP address, but quite alot of oversea's downloads come thru an ip 203.xx.1.24 or something similar, with the connections to you, usually Telstrainternet, locked bag Canberra( home of our leaders). Maybe they think i'm a threat ;-)

Funny since I'm only doing all this to hopefully make the internet better for my kids and others. I guess that is a threat ;-)
norwegian
Also, the results showed locked files on my computer, and I thought I'd send a report to the team, but all the check boxes are greyed out, so it wouldn't send a report to Kaspersky.
Does anyone else see this ?

I have saved a html copy of the report, who do I email to give a copy of my report ? Just to newvirus@kaspersky.com ?

Thanks

norwegian
Don Pelotas
Locked files are normal, Kaspersky just shows them, some AV's does, some don't...i assume these are MS files.

About you sending your report of detected possible virus to the virus lab, no, you shouldn't unless you have a file detected you're sure is a false positive, the online scanner is tool to try the Kaspersky detectionrate, you're actually given the location of anything found, removing is up to you.
norwegian
No virus' detected Don, just locked files, including 2 temp files which was what had me curious, Its a html file.

I was just asking, seeing as I could not send a report off, who does it go to, or locked files are always greyed out on reports at the end of the scan. I just don't remember it doing that before.
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(norwegian @ 9.08.2006 12:05)
No virus' detected Don, just locked files, including 2 temp files which was what had me curious, Its a html file.

I was just asking, seeing as I could not send a report off, who does it go to, or locked files are always greyed out on reports at the end of the scan. I just don't remember it doing that before.

I can't see anything out of the ordinary in this report, however you may correct in that the locked files has only been viewable in later versions of the webscanner, i must admit i do not use it often, there would be no point with Kaspersky already installed.
Yaquafaire
hi, yes me too, i have the same problems about "locked files", and not in later versions of the webscanner... it's of news developpement fonctionnalities ? and it's possible scan this files with KAV not on line ?

i have a second problem, a few programs are dedected as virus but with "not-a-virus:..." in a message ? virus or not ?

examples :
- C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe Infecté : not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.616

and one in ActiveX folder
- C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\gsda.dll Infecté : not-a-virus:Downloader.Win32.SpyGame
(but for this file, i see only ""GSDACtl Class" but not the "gsda.dll", but that i think it's normal for this "always strange" ActiveX files)
Don Pelotas
It clearly says Not-a-virus, if you use mIRC, then it's not a problem, the spygame is up to you to decide whether you want to remove it (i would). Locked files are normal.
Yaquafaire
thx, but "Not-a-virus" it's of notations in the rapport by Kaspersky or by editors of this programs ?

and why, now the locked files appear in the report with the new Kaspersky Online Scanner, then before no ?
(with option "extensive bases" selected or not)

thx
Don Pelotas
Yes, it is Kaspersky's designation, it's up to you if you want to remove it.
decka
Just letting you guys know, in case it's a global issue:

I am unable to use the online scanner, "License has expired" error message comes up.

Regards
Decka
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(decka @ 20.08.2006 12:46)
Just letting you guys know, in case it's a global issue:

I am unable to use the online scanner, "License has expired" error message comes up.

Regards
Decka

Decka try to uninstall the online scanner from add/remove programs, reboot and try to use it again.
2harts4ever
Hi decka,

Just ran a quick scan to test the program on my end.

All is well here in Central Pennsylvania. It worked like a charm.

Don's reply should fix your problem.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

2harts4ever
Yaquafaire
hi

ok, I makes a partial mea culpa...
although they did not appear with the old version of on-line KAV,
if I had looked at a little more in breakdown the files noted "locked" in the reports.
I would have understood that it was , in fact, all the softwares still open during the scann which had their files of "locked", softs type : AV, anti-spyware, memory manager, approximately the system and memory utilities...

regards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.