Help - Search - Members
Full Version: AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
darklord112
hi can someone help i have this AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b in File C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZFOWI32S\GoldMinerSetup-dm[1].exe: detected adware not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b i have put my computer into safe mode and run a scan with kav 6.0.0.300 with all updates i also turn off windpws xp System Restore and delete it and the delete the Temporary Internet Files. then boot into normal mode and kaspersky tell me that AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b it in the C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZFOWI32S\GoldMinerSetup-dm[1].exe that i delete in safe mode

I have scan again with kaspersky 6 delete it with the System Restore turn off restarted my xp and on start up kaspersky 6 keep tell me the i have this AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b i have run ad-ware scan and that does no find anythink can someone help please wink.gif
Lucian Bara
Hello.
Clear the internet explorer cache in tools->internet options there click on delete files and select 'delete all offline content'. press ok
darklord112
hi lucianbara

i have Clear the internet explorer cache but on restart kaspersky tell me that i have AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b if i clear the internet explorer cache i show go but on restart it come back
thanks of the quick reply
Lucian Bara
where is it located now?
darklord112
it is in the C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 nut if i cleared the internet explorer cache with the System Restore turn off it would had been delete but when i restart the computer it come back it is like windows is putting it back
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(darklord112 @ 28.07.2006 20:02)
it is in the  C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 nut if i cleared  the internet explorer cache with the  System Restore turn off  it would had been delete but when i restart the computer it come back it is like windows is putting it back

Do this:

1. Download & Install http://www.ccleaner.com/.

2. Update Kaspersky, be sure that system restore really is disabled, reboot into safemode and run the cleaner and next scan with Kaspersky deleting whatever you find.

What new tools/programs/game's have you installed recently?
darklord112
my kids download a game called GoldMiner game but i have uninstalled it as kaspersky keep teling me about this AdWare.Win32.Trymedia.b iam just download this ccleaner i will do what you say and let you know if it works
thanks Don let you know
Don Pelotas
Also try to use search in windows to find files/folder maybe left behind by that GoldMiner game and delete those.
darklord112
hi Don

i have tryed ccleaner to cleaned the internet explorer cache on a restart kaspersky is not tell me that it is there so i guest it has been delete. there is a file in c:\progarms\goldminer that i can not delete in normal mode or safe mode windows will not let me delete.do you know if windows xp pro has the same as windows 2000 pro that you can take ownership of a folder or file i no one you have ownership of a file in windows 2000 pro you can delete it by the Properties /Security tab/Advanced/Owner tab
never looked at xp pro if microsoft has left it there of take it out of xp
i have been working with system restore disabled thanks again Don
iam just run a scan to see if my computer is clean
Don Pelotas
Use this tool:http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ in safemode, if kaspersky can't remove it in safemode.
dawgg
in kaspersky, click "statistics" (bottom right), right-click the adware, click "neutralise"... when its neutralised, right-click it again and click "discard"... Kaspersky may be saying adware WAS there and has been removed.
temporary
It's found in your registry. Each time you delete it from your file even with cleaners or spam software , when you log off and bring your computer up, the file is reinstalled. If you have never worked in your registry, I suggest you don't because you can really mess up your computer if you delete the wrong thing. Have someone who knows more about it do it. Hope this help.
dawgg
If you remove malware, surley it cant reinstall its self simply via registry?!... I never knew registry entries can create files... Allways thought there has to be another file which will download or copy the malware
temporary
The best resource is at the microsoft website. They have several recommendations on how to remedy this problem; mines shown on page 74.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/d...Depth_Guide.pdf
p2u
QUOTE(temporary @ 12.08.2006 23:23)
The best resource is at the microsoft website.  They have several recommendations on how to remedy this problem; mines shown on page 74.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/d...Depth_Guide.pdf

Very comprehensive guide.

Thank you.

P.S.: 946 KB Download

Paul Wynant
Moscow, Russia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.