Help - Search - Members
Full Version: rebateaccess.com
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
OohChit
Howdy everyone.
I just bought Kaspersky Inter. Sec. 2k11 today.
I have to access the rebate form from kaspersky.rebateaccess.com.
It isn't working. I get nothing.
Just to inform you, no rebate, it's going back to the store.
Lucian Bara
hello
ok, take it back. just to let you know, those rebates are between you and rebatesaccess. Kaspersky is not involved, it's like blaming the juice manufacturer on the price the supermarket decides to put on it.
OohChit
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 9.10.2010 01:44) *
hello
ok, take it back. just to let you know, those rebates are between you and rebatesaccess. Kaspersky is not involved, it's like blaming the juice manufacturer on the price the supermarket decides to put on it.

Bull.
Kaspersky is involved!
rudger79
Just google rebateaccess.com and see what you find. Seems this site is not working for any of the various products rebateaccess is involved. Kaspersky does not control rebates, you need to take this up with the vendor and rebateaccess.com smile.gif
HappyChubb
Hi, Everyone

I, too, am disappointed and frustrated by the Kaspersky rebate situation. When I purchase a product, I expect all companies involved are doing their parts to make certain things go smoothly for their customers.

Response to Oohchit: Today is October 10, 2010, two months since the rebate.access website has been unavailable to you. I purchased the 3-licence 2011 Internet Security from Fry's on Friday, October 8th, and rebate.access has been inaccessible for one of the two rebates offered, the $25 upgrade, all weekend. Rebateaccess was available, inexplicably, for the $40 MIR. You'd think this website problem would have been remedied within two days let alone two months.

In response to the moderator's reply, I have several issues. First, the "take it back" comment for me would mean a 44-mile round trip, $6 in gas, and two hours out of my day. My time is valuable, and Kaspersky/Fry's/rebate.access isn't real high on my list of how I choose to spend my what little I have of my free time. Let's see...take my boys and dog to the park or fight traffic and stand in the returns line for god-knows-how long at Frys....

Similarly, I don't have the time, inclination or energy to try to track down the right contact person at rebateaccess.com. as rudger79 suggests. As part of the implicit vendor/customer contract, all parties involved in the sale and profits should have already followed through on what was promised: this website should have been up and running, available and hassle-free. Essentially, what the moderator and rudger79 seem to be saying is that Kasperky and rebateaccess have done their parts, fulfilled their obligations to their customers, and that it's up to their customers to pursue/navigate any problems that occur after the point of sale. For the record, the rebateaccess website is "coming soon," so please don't attempt to put this responsibility back on us, encouraging us to "Just google rebateaccess.com and see what you find." Nothing, as it turns out, except an empty, insolent suggestion.

The next part I'm having a problem with is the moderator's variation of "it's not my job" response. I beg to differ. Kaspersky is directly involved because they are the ones selling and profiting from these products; we are their customers, not rebateaccess's unpaid website troubleshooters. If Kaspersky is contracted with rebateaccess, and both parties are involved in the sale and profits from Kaspersky's products, both parties are culpable for this dysfunctional website. Work it out, guys. Part of any sales transaction is the follow-through, and at the moment, you're both coming up real short.

Further, the moderator's reasoning by analogy --"it's like blaming the juice manufacturer on the price the supermarket decides to put on it" -- is as dismissive as it is insulting. Reasoning by analogy only serves to illustrate the similarities or differences between situations -- quite inaccurately in this case -- it does not prove anything, to wit, Kaspersky's not being responsible for the rebateaccess website's inaccessibility. Kaspersky, you have a big part in this, so please don't be so arrogant and irresponsible as to claim immunity from your accountability to your customers...or soon to be former customers.

Ultimately, returning this software or spending time and energy investigating the means to access the rebateaccess website is time and money I'm never going to get back. Please show me a little respect. At a minimum, I deserve this as your customer, not being expected to take on the additional burden of righting your rebate wrongs simply because I bought your product.

I'm taking a wait-and-see position at the moment. In fairness to Kaspersky & rebateaccess, I've been doing the email dance with Kaspersky's automated customer service while trying all weekend to contact rebateaccess. All communications have occurred after the close of business hours on Friday and well before 9 a.m. on Monday (tomorrow). Will post an update with all relevant details later this week.

RaytheBear
First, I know it is no fun to get the short stick on a refund; it has happened to me and my family with other products, we either wound up getting... Zilch, Nada, Zero, etc. refunds or in other cases I had to fight like Hell to get my refund and/or return the goods.
But regarding this rebate issue, this is just my opinion and my opinion only, if the rebate company is making you run around in circles........contact support, this is not the Responsibility of a User Forum, a user forum is a place to help people with the Product itself and not for fighting for people regarding their rebates or finding better places to find cheaper prices.

Here is the link to contact the proper place to lodge your complaints:

http://support.kasperskyamericas.com/home/...ort-open-ticket

Ray
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(RaytheBear @ 11.10.2010 06:53) *
if the rebate company is making you run around in circles........contact support, this is not the Responsibility of a User Forum, a user forum is a place to help people with the Product itself and not for fighting for people regarding their rebates or finding better places to find cheaper prices.

Here is the link to contact the proper place to lodge your complaints:

http://support.kasperskyamericas.com/home/...ort-open-ticket

Ray

Exactly, unfortunately many think this is forum is support. It's not, it's a userforum which can help exactly zero with rebate issues, but help plenty with issues with the software.

Therefore thread closed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.