Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Red Alert Button on but "Fix it now" dosn't work.
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
rash0878
I am using Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 version: 11.0.1.400(a) on an HP computer with a Windows 7 64 operating system.

Problem: Since 8-31-2010 the Red Alert Button is illuminated with the message "Threats have been detected". When I clicked on the "Fix it now" button nothing happens. When I went to the "Quarantine" tab under "Detected Threats" there is nothing listed. When I go to the "Status" tab when I click on the "Neutralize all" button nothing happens. Red Alert Button is still illuminated. I went to the Run an update and performed an "Update" there is no change.

I do not know what else to try next. I would appreciate your help as to what to do next.

Thank you!
rash0878
65skylark
I am having the same problem.

edit: del quote.
gncbcs
I am using Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 version: 11.0.1.400(a) on an HP computer with a Windows 7 64 operating system.

Problem: Since 8-31-2010 the Red Alert Button is illuminated with the message "Threats have been detected". When I clicked on the "Fix it now" button nothing happens. When I went to the "Quarantine" tab under "Detected Threats" there is nothing listed. When I go to the "Status" tab when I click on the "Neutralize all" button nothing happens. Red Alert Button is still illuminated. I went to the Run an update and performed an "Update" there is no change.

I do not know what else to try next. I would appreciate your help as to what to do next.

Thank you!

edit: dell Poll topic, and merge.
gncbcs
Go to Reports>detected and right click and delete the items, should go green again (did for me)

This has been a problem for a few days now...surprised it hasn't been fixed yet with a new update.

i got cleared this error by this simple method
gncbcs
problem solved by following this method\

Go to Reports>detected and right click and delete the items, should go green again (did for me)

This has been a problem for a few days now...surprised it hasn't been fixed yet with a new update.

i got cleared this error by this simple method
ScaryCat
Hi there

I have the same problem too.
I have KIS 11 on a few computers (running Vista) and this keeps happening on all of them when they find an issue. Nothing happens when you press the the 'Fix it now' button or 'Neutralize all' I am manually needing to remove the offending problem but still the red alert message will not go away. I have found that an uninstall and reinstall of KIS works but do not want to find myself doing this every time it hits a bad spam e-mail.
I agree that you can also delete the item on right click, however this concerns me that I am not cleaning my system properly should something bad happen. Not a good permanent solution to any and every red alert!

Have considered going back to an earlier KIS but they are not compatible with the new Thunderbird 3 unfortunately.

Any news on a fix by Kaspersky yet?

Allentown99
Same here..using Windows Vista..no entries in items detected...Fix it now doesn't work..Am i protected? Please help..Thanx
richbuff
To All: If nothing in Detected: Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot. After that, do a databases update.

If Detected items are shown: Post the full detection details screenshot.

Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.
ScaryCat
Hi richbuff

Have followed your instructions and here is the screenshot. I have also attached a second which shows the same item in the Quarantine area as well (gives a few more details)
This issue seems to be common with many users as I can see from searching the internet and this forum. I know that this particular threat has been deleted as it came off the back of a spam e-mail which was not opened and deleted immediately.
I can easily get rid of this red alert warning by clearing the message or re installing KIS11 but this is not a suitable long term solution. As it seems many other users have experienced nothing is happening via Neutralize or Fix it Now. After having seen this problem a few times on different machines it seems to be in my opinion an issue with KIS rather than a computer or user issue.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts as I have contacted Kaspersky support but have had no reply as of yet.

Cheers
Cat
maxci88
I am using Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 with a Windows 7 64 operating system.

Problem: Since 07-09-2010 the Red Alert Button is illuminated with the message "Threats have been detected". When I clicked on the "Fix it now" button nothing happens. When I went to the "Quarantine" tab under "Detected Threats" there is this virus but when i clicked disinfect nothing happen
please help me

Note: i attached the message from KAV 2011
richbuff
QUOTE(ScaryCat)
That was a phishing email that was quarantined. Please right click the detection that appears in your screenshots, then select Clear or Remove. Then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot.

QUOTE(maxci88)
Welcome. Looks like a false positive. Please send it to the Lab, instructions are located in the third important topic located near the top of the Virus section of this forum. And here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=13881

teekal2007 I moved your post. Please do not post same issue in multiple topic threads.
ScaryCat
Hi richbuff

I am aware that the issue is a phishing e-mail and I know that I can remove the alert by clearing it. The problem is not what is causing the alert in this instance more that the Neutralize / Fix it now doesn't seem to do anything.
We receive a number of these type of e-mails on a regular basis and it doesn't seem to make sense that those 'fix it now' buttons do nothing and that it needs the user to manually clear the messages each time. Surely Kaspersky haven't intended the user to do this process each and every time. How can each individual user determine what should be 'cleared' from the alert system themselves. As each user has a different level of knowledge Kaspersky will surely end up receiving tons of mail about every alert. I had presumed that a system had been designed to not rely on the user to make these decisions but was more 'idiot' proof so to speak - hence the Fix it now buttons

fwhm
I am having the same problem and I see that tere are references to the same issue at least as far back as 2008. It may be time for all of us to... post the screenshot if we have not done so yet.

edit: remove and replace anti-helpful content.
manawa
hello all,

try to scan the PC by enabling parse email format option in the on demand scan setting.
ScaryCat
Hi manawa

I am not sure I fully understand your answer.
Is this to solve the issue of the Fix it now / Neutralize buttons not working or to solve all our individual threat detections?
It is the inability of the buttons to work correctly that I am hoping for an answer for.
bobd442
Let me add my voice to this problem. I've had this same issue for several days now.

It seemed to start when a file named 'PCFlankLeaktest.exe' was detected. It would not be 'fixed', and I had to remove it from the Report list to get KIS 2011 to run in the green.

I did a search for that file and did not find it anywhere on my comp!

I was planning to give this problem more attention when I had the time.

Now that file is no-longer the issue. The report is empty, but KIS stays in the red all the time.

I don't like being unprotected all day!

I have been using Kaspersky for many years now, and this is really the first big issue I've experienced with it! My 'peace-of-mind' state has been greatly shaken!

I have tried in vain to find a phone number for any support, too. Sure would like to talk to a Tech about this! dash1.gif

Oh, I also sent a report to Kaspersky Support about this on Sunday the 5th, and have not received a reply yet.
richbuff
To All: If nothing in Detected: Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot. After that, do a databases update.
ScaryCat
Hi bobd442

I sympathize - I too have been using Kaspersky for years and this is the first big problem I have seen. I also have contacted technical support with the issue but have had no reply as of yet.

For some reason I am not sure the moderators on the site are grasping what the actual issue is here. I am beginning to feel that I am banging my head against the wall trying to get the point over dash1.gif
Am I explaining it that badly!!!
Does anyone understand me!!!
ak.gif

To richbuff

This does not work for me, nor is it a solution to the problem being discussed. I am not sure you are understanding the issue. Are you able to elaborate further to answer some of my earlier points?

bobd442
Hi richbuff and ScaryCat,

I have done the 'shut-off and reboot' fix several times since I read it here yesterday with absolutely no change in the problem.

KIS is red.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results! bv.gif

Now what Kaspersky?

edit: size 6 bold red font = off.

richbuff
QUOTE(bobd442)
Who are you yelling at with the 6 bold red font? Other people don't communicate that way with you, I hope, unless you work in a hostile environment. I don't, so please use normal font. It is a nicety to your fellow users who do not owe you anything. Pending possible resolution of this issue here at this forum, please also contact Tech Support: http://support.kaspersky.com/helpdesk.html
bobd442
There, there richbuff... *patting you on the head* pray.gif

I didn't intend to seem like I was 'yelling' at you. I'm just very upset and frustrated with this problem. I was 'shouting' at the sky!

As I stated in my first posting, I already contacted Kaspersky via your suggested link on Sunday, Sept. 5. I received the 'New Case # CAS-526642-Y5CX0F has been created... CRM:01748325' email shortly thereafter. I understood, that it being a Sunday of a 3-day holiday weekend, I would not be getting any replies until at least Tuesday.

Shortly after this, on Sunday, I received the generic 'Have you tried any of these fixes' email, which explained how to do a full scan in Safe Mode, etc., with the following note:
"Note: The solutions provided below are provided to you based on the type of issue you selected when submitting your case to support. Unfortunately due the high number of submitted cases we receive, we are not always able to address each case individually. If the solutions provided below do not address your issue or you need further assistance, please reply back to this email and a technician will be sure to respond to you within 24-48 hours."

I looked them over and did not see any applicable situations to my particular problem, so I did the final suggestion:
"Create an AVZ Report:
"We have a standalone tool called AVZ that you can download. Please download the file from:
1. Save the file from the link to your Desktop: http://z-oleg.com/avz.exe
2. If present, right-click on the Kaspersky K in the lower right corner and choose Exit.
3. Open the AVZ program you saved in Step 1.
4. In the AVZ program, go to the File menu, then select Custom scripts.
5. Copy and paste the below script into the Custom scripts window, including the "begin" and "end." lines or the script will not work.
begin
ExecuteSysCheckEX('C:\AVZ_Report_syscure.htm', $FFFFFF, true, 1+4+8+16);
end.
6. Close your email program, then click the Run button in the AVZ program.
7. After that completes, please email the file: C:\AVZ_Report_syscure.zip as an attachment."

I did this on Sunday, 09/05/2010 at 4:12 pm, sending the 'GetSystemInfo_BOB-PC_Bob_2010_09_05_15_09_12.zip' attachment to 'Kaspersky Support USA [mailto:support@us.kaspersky.com]'.

I will now post the courteous, helpful and satisfying reply/response to my problem/issue with the software I have been purchasing since sometime in the mid-1990's:
...get it?
...N-O-T-H-I-N-G !!!
...'dead air'
...'silence'
...'looking the other way'
...'ignore me and hopefully I'll go away'

...and my big red KIS 2011 desktop gadget is a constant reminder that it is not functioning properly!

So, again, please pardon and excuse me for expressing my frustration in my previous post by using larger font and an 'angry' red color.

Oh, and just so's you know... I, too, have been a 'moderator' in several chat groups and forums over the years, where I had the 'power' to knock someone out of the group for a day, or banish them from the server forever. And being from a work-background where I had to deal with decisions regarding the use of deadly force on a daily basis, I consider myself a very level-headed individual.

~Peace on Earth, Good Will towards Moderators and Readers~
gameboy
I have the same problem.
It indicates detection of unknown threat PDM: Trojan.Win32.Generic.wcd at C:\windows\system\wininit.exe and C:\windows\system\csrss.exe
Cannot be neutralised.
I use Trojan Remover to scan for virus but nothing detected.
As this is not an isolated problem, I believe it is a bug of KIS 2011.
Any advice from moderator.
Is Kapersky working on it?
I am uploading the screenshot for KIS's reference. mad.gif
richbuff
QUOTE(bobd442)
If you have tried the fix that has been posted in this topic (and posted below) and still no go, then it has been reported that un and re install Kaspersky will resolve this specific issue, but I have not instructed that step, because it should not be necessary. You can try, however, if you wish.

QUOTE(gameboy)
Welcome. Please right click the detection that appears in your screenshot, then select Clear or Remove. Then Exit Kaspersky via right click the red K tray icon, then reboot. After that, do a databases update.

Tech Article: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208282628

bobd442
Hi richbuff,

Well, for the moment, all's quiet on the 'Southeastern Front'! (SE Florida here)

I checked out the link you offered, and it didn't fit the problem I had, so I opted for the 'Un-' and 'Re-' option, but I first tried the 'Repair' option, with no luck.

So I UN-installed, repaired the registry with my faithful "Max-Secure Max Registry Cleaner 2010", then defragged with my faithful "Diskeeper 2010 Pro Premier", then rebooted, then RE-installed KIS 2011 (as Administrator) after downloading the latest version, updated the database, and did a 'critical area scan'.

This took only about 1¾ hours, what with the scans and downloading the latest version of KIS 2011.

So, ATM the KIS 2011 desktop gadget is glowing 'green'. I won't be completely at ease again until tomorrow, after shutting down for the night tonight, and starting up in the morning to hopefully 'see green' (sea green?) on my desktop.

Coming from the "Commodore Vic-20/Commodore 128/Commodore Super Pet" era (yes, I had each of them in succession), I am all-too familiar with software 'glitches', etc. and have UN and RE-installed THOUSANDS of times over the years since the early 1980's. But I first take the time to try finding 'fixes' for the problems before I do that as a last resort.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for your patience with an old-timer (66) who can type faster than he can think, sometimes.

Now, back to constructing websites using Internet Business Promoter, Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop, FileZilla, XnView, etc., etc.

Have a GREAT Sunday! bt.gif
ScaryCat
Hi folks

I was still hoping that a moderator / expert has been able to figure out why the neutralize and fix it now buttons do not work on the KIS11.

I have reset my warnings back to green simply by clearing the list, but was hoping there may be some fresh ideas as to why these buttons on the product does not work?

Any ideas yet anyone?
Halpad
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(richbuff @ 7.09.2010 05:19) *

If Detected items are shown: Post the full detection details screenshot.

Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or
png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

Am I doing this right??
Same problem, KIS 2009 with WinXP3..After full scan Trojan.JS.Agent.bra detected. Fix it now button opens report. Neutralize button does not clear red warnig. Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
primobos
In the window in screenshot number 2, click delete archive. Also after that you could upgrade to KIS 2010 9.0.0.736 or KIS 2011 11.0.0.400.
If you want to upgrade, remember to uninstall 2009 first, keeping only activation data.
Halpad
QUOTE(primobos @ 22.09.2010 19:12) *
In the window in screenshot number 2, click delete archive. Also after that you could upgrade to KIS 2010 9.0.0.736 or KIS 2011 11.0.0.400.
If you want to upgrade, remember to uninstall 2009 first, keeping only activation data.

Should have finished my story...Before I posted I downloaded "KIS virus removal tool 2010" In process of full scan. Window just popped.. same virus detected--Virus deleted. all this while I was reading your reply. Will now wait for Removal tool to complete before further action. Yes, probably time to upgrade to 2011. Thank you.
kennk
QUOTE(Halpad @ 22.09.2010 11:28) *
Should have finished my story...Before I posted I downloaded "KIS virus removal tool 2010" In process of full scan. Window just popped.. same virus detected--Virus deleted. all this while I was reading your reply. Will now wait for Removal tool to complete before further action. Yes, probably time to upgrade to 2011. Thank you.

Upon hitting the delete archive the warning goes away but K says my computer is at risk & hitting fix it the same box apears. I updated this spring.
kennk
bravo.gif
QUOTE(kennk @ 22.09.2010 11:42) *
Upon hitting the delete archive the warning goes away but K says my computer is at risk & hitting fix it the same box apears. I updated this spring.

Just checked my KIS screen & it's ok!!!!! what's this all about?
dawgg
ScaryCat, ensure you are using Kaspersky CF1 or newer (11.0.1.400).
Falsely reporting threats are detected even after they are removed (and keep saying threats are detected) was a known problem in the previous build, 11.0.0.232.
The above was certainly the case for malicious files, but I am not sure if was the same case with malicious emails.

If you have the same problem with Kaspersky version 11.0.1.400, in Mail-AV settings, try to select "Select Action:" and tick both the boxes bellow (Disinfect, if not possible, delete).
Should that fail, in Kaspersky's settings, (assuming "Select actions automatically" is ticked), untick "Do not delete suspicious objects".
Halpad
QUOTE(Halpad @ 22.09.2010 19:28) *

Just for the Record!!!

When removal Tool completed(it took hrs & hrs ...I restated computer, everything seems ok. NO RED BOX. I then opened KIS and red warning button was still on, this time on click red report popped again,but the neutralize button worked....back to green and apparently all is ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.