Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Freezes during full scan
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Mcapt
I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 8.0.0.506. I've had this problem of freezing full scan for a while now (for a couple weeks). When it first occured, I downloaded many other antivirus software- Malwarebytes, Avast, Ad-Aware, Webroot, Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG- currently all of them are uninstalled exept Kaspersky. All of them froze during the full scan just like Kaspersky. The only times I have gotten the full scan in Kaspersky to go completely through was in safemode and they took around 7 hours to complete. I tried the scan settings on the 2nd post of this topic and got a Blue Screen error which hasnt been the first time I've gotten one from a scan.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f5861059f90134b

Another weird problem I'm having is on the main screen it says I have 1 item quaranteened but when i click on it there is nothing in the the quarantine (illustrated in the pics below.)

edit: del is. links.

RaytheBear
Hi Mcapt,

There are a few things that I can see, more exp. members or moderators will show you more:

1)Remove Ask Toolbar
2)Remove Eset Online Scanner
3)Remove NIS (Norton Internet Security)
4)AVG
You might have thought that your removed them by the usual method re: Add/Remove but there are still remnants. So use the Link below to properly remove them.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

5)You also have a Driver that needs to be updated, look at your GSI report and you will see which one it is.

6)Your KIS2009 needs to updated to at least the latest version which is 8.0.0.523.
But before doing so, uninstall your present KIS, keeping only the activation data, reboot and then install the newest that you dowloaded from the link below.

http://www.kaspersky.com/kis_latest_versio...apter=207717266

Personaly, I would reccomend that you updrade to at least KIS2010 or 2011 which you can do for free with your valid license.

Good luck
Ray
Mcapt
QUOTE(RaytheBear @ 24.06.2010 00:15) *
Hi Mcapt,

There are a few things that I can see, more exp. members or moderators will show you more:

1)Remove Ask Toolbar
2)Remove Eset Online Scanner
3)Remove NIS (Norton Internet Security)
4)AVG
You might have thought that your removed them by the usual method re: Add/Remove but there are still remnants. So use the Link below to properly remove them.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=5233

5)You also have a Driver that needs to be updated, look at your GSI report and you will see which one it is.

Alright I did 1,2,3,4 and went over the link you gave me. For #5, I wasnt really sure where to look.
dh27564
QUOTE(Mcapt @ 25.06.2010 04:09) *
For #5, I wasnt really sure where to look.

GSI > Summary Tab > Drivers to Update > Download the new Driver.

Also, consider RaytheBear's suggestion to clean upgrade to KAV2010 or 2011. As Ray says, upgrades are free during your license period. 2009 will only be supported for a few more months.
Mcapt
Thanks! I wasnt looking in the right place because I was looking at the text document saved to my desktop instead of looking at it online. Interesting tho, when i click on "download the new driver" it brought me to a "Page Not Found". When i went though the Device Manger way and tried to update it (I selected Search Automatically for Updated Driver software) and it said that the driver software is already up to date. So should I just skip updating the driver and reinstall Kaspersky 2009 AntiVirus (then upgrade it to Kaspersky AntiVirus 2010 or 2011) and try the full scan again to make sure it doesnt freeze?
dh27564
If you have completed all the "clean-up" listed in Post #2, then I would follow RaytheBears advice and clean upgrade to KAV2011. You do not need to reinstall 2009 before you clean upgrade. Follow Ray's instruction in Post #2 - Item #6 to clean upgrade.

If you choose to do this, make sure you download the correct product. Kaspersky Anti-Virus (that is what your screen shot shows). If you grab Kaspersky Internet Security my mistake, it will not activate.
Mcapt
QUOTE(dh27564 @ 25.06.2010 13:58) *
If you have completed all the "clean-up" listed in Post #2, then I would follow RaytheBears advice and clean upgrade to KAV2011. You do not need to reinstall 2009 before you clean upgrade. Follow Ray's instruction in Post #2 - Item #6 to clean upgrade.

Yeah I did the "clean up" list- all exept number 5 because, as I said earlier, when I tried updating the driver it said Page not found. I did download KAV2011 and am running a full scan right now.

On a similar note: when I downloaded KAV2011, I ran a full scan right away, then left my compter for a while. When I came back, my screen was full black (like a screen saver), exept when I tried to click around or hit the space bar to "wake" it up it didnt, so I held the power button and shut it down. Not the first time this has happened, so I know Kaspersky isnt causing this problem.
Mcapt
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 25.06.2010 21:09) *
http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

Choose your product. Mind you that it is not released in the US until August so not fully supported until then. smile.gif

Think you got the wrong topic there. tongue.gif

Anyway, I tried the full scan and it looked like it froze. I'll try it again and if it freezes then we'll know for sure. Earlier I mentioned how i had to turn the power off I'm wondering if that has to do with the scan freezing?
mannyallday
mcapt, is probably because you have registry errors, and junk files that you probably have not clean. i would recommend doing the following:
1. uninstall all security software installed on your computer. also uninstall software that you no longer need. including toolbars on your browser.
2. restart your computer.
3. get ccleaner. go to google type ccleaner. download it. install it. restart your computer. scan ccleaner. clean what it found. and also do the registry scan, fix issues.
4. restart your computer.
5. download the free 30-day trial of kaspersky internet security 2011 here http://esd.element5.com/pimages/50105/kasp...2011_trial.html
6. install it.
7. update it. re-update it if you have to.
8. restart your computer.
9. reply here to let us know what happened.
rudger79
QUOTE(Mcapt @ 25.06.2010 20:12) *
Think you got the wrong topic there. tongue.gif

Hi. Actually, the thread I answered got moved and my answer did not....so this does look a little weird. Sorry about the confusion. smile.gif
Mcapt
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 26.06.2010 00:22) *
Hi. Actually, the thread I answered got moved and my answer did not....so this does look a little weird. Sorry about the confusion. smile.gif

It's fine! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(mannyallday @ 25.06.2010 22:46) *
mcapt, is probably because you have registry errors, and junk files that you probably have not clean. i would recommend doing the following:
1. uninstall all security software installed on your computer. also uninstall software that you no longer need. including toolbars on your browser.
2. restart your computer.
3. get ccleaner. go to google type ccleaner. download it. install it. restart your computer. scan ccleaner. clean what it found. and also do the registry scan, fix issues.
4. restart your computer.
5. download the free 30-day trial of kaspersky internet security 2011 here http://esd.element5.com/pimages/50105/kasp...2011_trial.html
6. install it.
7. update it. re-update it if you have to.
8. restart your computer.
9. reply here to let us know what happened.

Alright manny I'll try this and see if it works.
Mcapt
Nope, it still froze. Although when it installed, it installed Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 instead of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.
Mcapt
Anyone have any ideas?
4alf5
QUOTE(Mcapt @ 29.06.2010 08:59) *
Anyone have any ideas?

I too have been struggling with 2010 Kaspersky Internet Security suite. Full scan Freezes and i've also tried various fixes suggested. This is annoying and should really be taken up by the design team since many users are having similar issues.
richbuff
Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth Important topic.
4alf5
Click to view attachmentWelcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth Important topic.
[/quote]

attached find GSI report
richbuff
Your Event Viewer is flooded with this "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block."

Please do a checkdisk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.