Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KAV 9 FilterBHO Class add-on in IE8 locks up Win7 Ultimate
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
amosnov
Why is the KAV 9 FilterBHO Class add-on in IE8 locking up Win7 Ultimate?

When I turned on my PC this morning and launched IE8 my PC immediately became unresponsive. After much trial and error I determined that the issue vanished after launching Start -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (No Add-ons). This was the only way to run IE8 without the PC locking up immediately and requiring a hard reset. Then it was a matter of disabling all add-ons and then turning each back on one by one and closing and restarting IE8 each time. Finally I determined it was solely the Kaspersky FilterBHO Class add-on that was causing the problem.

Next question is why, I was surfing without problems last night. I have never experienced an issue with IE like this before. Google Chrome browser is unaffected. For now I can keep the add-on disabled but what functionality am I giving up. I have tried googling FilterBHO but I am no closer to knowing what this add-on is used for, please help.

thanks
richbuff
Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=533891 and post the requested gsi report link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.