Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KIS/KAV 2011: Installation, Repair, Update and Remove
Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > KIS\KAV 2015
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
enkryptor
This bugthread is related to Installation, Repair, Update and Remove.

In posts about bugs indicates the build number!!!

Bug Tracker
harlan4096
KIS2011 b187 + Windows XP Mode (running over W7 x86).

Updating process takes so long ... for now 15:34 and only 2%, CPU 100%

I'll provide traces later.

Regards.
antikythera
after each system boot I still get this configuration screen and one more sidebar gadget. I have tried uninstalling and rebooting, then reinstalling. makes no difference. GSI and traces in Antikythera folder on Kaspersky server.

As a consequence of the configuration wizard running on every boot, I have to manually resume protection from the tray icon as well.
harlan4096
QUOTE(harlan4096 @ 23.04.2010 19:39) *
KIS2011 b187 + Windows XP Mode (running over W7 x86).

Updating process takes so long ... for now 15:34 and only 2%, CPU 100%

I'll provide traces later.

Regards.

The Updating process remains in 100% for more than 45 minutes now, the total time updating process almost 2 hours and does not finishes, CPU 100% constantly.

Regards.
RadarpSP
Installation stops after swicht from Kav to Kis.
I have installed Kav, restart and remove kav.
Restart and install kis but after validating I cant go on. Next option is not enabled.
Click to view attachment

Xp, sp3.
traces:http://www.mediafire.com/?yt5v2mttyun
harlan4096
QUOTE(harlan4096 @ 23.04.2010 21:24) *
The Updating process remains in 100% for more than 45 minutes now, the total time updating process almost 2 hours and does not finishes, CPU 100% constantly.

Regards.

Uploaded traces to Kaspersky Traces Server to folder called Harlan.

Regards.
syf-wxmh
some users feedback for me, sometimes they cannot install the product in their machines

you can download setuplogs from FTP syfwxmh-->KIS 2011 beta-->setuplogs.rar

1620:0658 11:48:36.077 *** ExternalUIHandler: INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR, string Error 1406.Could not write value GlobalFlag to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\avp.exe. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. ***
1620:0658 11:49:22.921 *** ExternalUIHandler: INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR, string Error 1406.Could not write value GlobalFlag to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\avp.exe. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. ***
1620:0658 11:49:23.562 *** ExternalUIHandler: INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR, string Error 1406.Could not write value GlobalFlag to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\avp.exe. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. ***
1620:0658 11:49:25.015 *** ExternalUIHandler: INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR, string Error 1406.Could not write value GlobalFlag to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\avp.exe. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. ***

2010 & 2009 is ok
syf-wxmh
some users feedback to me, they cannot install the beta version when the hips analyse ui appear

you can download traces on FTP server

syfwxmh->KIS 2011 beta->kl-setup-2010-04-24.log.rar
FoxKas
Network operation timed out
Duration: 00:11:28 ???

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 - Bit.

Regards.

edit: gsi was supplied upon request: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...eb7b8bc07af3531
gaxcon
Update is very slow. 19 minutes and 29%. And CPU 100%
I'll add traces to FTP later
Lucian Bara
on a 64 bit machine, there are both 32 bit and 64 bit internal modules installed, there should be no reason for that since they are internal. eg:
Click to view attachment

both kav and kis help files are installed with kis
lapin
I will agree with the others that update takes a long and it lags the CPU but on my first update i got the following error too:
Click to view attachment
Traces uploaded on my folder name under the Vista SP2 folder

Lucian Bara
kis can't repair itself with just updates (and restarting kis) after i delete the bases folder. The last time i tried it was with 2009 but it worked.
Uploaded traces: update_test_2404.zip
gaxcon
Update don't complete. 1 hour and 35 minutes. CPU 100% and very high memory usage.
When update finishes i will send traces.
3x0gR13N
Those having 100% CPU usage during update: is CPU usage normal when the updater isn't running? Because if CPU usage is 100% even without the updater task running (another issue) it's just a matter of the Updater not having enough resources to perform the task rather that Updater causing 100% CPU.
gaxcon
KIS is updated after 1hour and 55 minutes. AVP.exe uses 15-25% CPU after update, and KIS is not scanning or updating.
Uploading traces...
gaxcon
QUOTE(gaxcon @ 24.04.2010 20:29) *
KIS is updated after 1hour and 55 minutes. AVP.exe uses 15-25% CPU after update, and KIS is not scanning or updating.
Uploading traces...

Sorry, I can't edit my last post.
Traces uploaded to Kaspersky Traces FTP Server in gaxcon folder. Name: slow update problem traces.zip

edit: Added to BT.
SunBlack
b187 on VPC 2007 SP1 with XP SP3: 15-40 minutes after last successfull update, new update will be started automatically (VM is idle). But "idle scan" option is disabled.

Traces on your FTP: SunBlack->avp11_187_SunBlack_UpdateTraces.zip (traces of first time seen) and avp11_187_SunBlack_UpdateTraces_Second.zip (traces of reproduced bug)

Edit: Added to BT.
sullysnet
QUOTE(RadarpSP @ 23.04.2010 16:46) *
Installation stops after swicht from Kav to Kis.
I have installed Kav, restart and remove kav.
Restart and install kis but after validating I cant go on. Next option is not enabled.
Click to view attachment

Xp, sp3.
traces:http://www.mediafire.com/?yt5v2mttyun

I can confirm this as I had the same issue. My logs if needed are here http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...t&p=1340711
Angier
KIS 11.0.0.187en, Win XP SP3
1) KIS (or KAV) can not be started after install. K is still gray. Repair doesn't help. Due to this no tests are possible at the moment. Ok, just now repair worked.....

2) Update crashed system.

Traces attached.

Edit: Added to BT.
rudger79
KIS 11.0.0.187en , Vista 64 HP SP2

Reinstalled KIS databases out of date, some components were not enabled, K greyed. As far as I could tell, all components were enabled.
Custom install with the following modules not installed:
-IM AntiVirus
-Mail AntiVirus
-AntiSpam

I updated twice and database date showed 4/22/10. Turned off proxy server and updated a third time and date showed 4/25/10 but still out of date.
Click to view attachment

Some components still not enabled. Finally restore fixed it.

Traces uploaded to FTP Rudger79 folder KAV.11.0.0.187_04.25_12.25_3660.HST.zip'.

edit: added to BT.
Caos
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Build 187
Windows Xp Sp3

Steps:

1) Installation of KIS
2) Installation Ended by Error
3) Can´t download and install AVPTool.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Attachment:

Click to view attachment

Please review, sorry, but I delete temp files, and kaspersky folders, reboot, install and work.
Shinigami
installing:
Kaspersky installed KAV 195 (when i have no idea).
When the set up is complete i choose "upgrade" to KIS. It then tries to find incompatible software.
When this happens, it is taking a very long time to find these programs that should have already been scanned
for.

When I try to close KAV, the program continues to scan for incompatible software. In the system tray i have to
right click and close KAV that way.

When i re-open KAV, it brings me up to the Kaspersky Anti-Virus Configuration Wizard, Application activation window.
KAV is not running protection.

I tried this a few times so i have a few trace files.

Trace files will be uploaded to FTP site Installation_195_shinigami
ogy
"configuration wizard" after each restart of KIS (build 11.0.0.195)
Click to view attachment

logs: ogy -> ConfigurationWizard.rar

Netherlands
Build 11.0.0.187
Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Also on my system the update takes ages (1,5 hour) and cpu around 90% and high memory usage.

Traces attached in this post.
I also have uploaded the trace files to the map Netherlands as Netherlands update slow.zip

Stilez
187 went bad, so I uninstalled. But the removal instructions aren't working and 195 won't operate fully. Specifically, as administrator in safe mode the following 3 actions fail:

reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\KL_KLIM5MP /f
reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_KL1 /f
reg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_KLIF /f

Error on all 3 in safe mode whether via cmd prompt or regedit is "access denied".
DonKid
After Installed build 195, got a crash.
Trying to reinstall, but got the message below.
KIS isn´t listed to uninstall in Control Panel.
Traces were sent to the KL server with name DonKid - Crash KIS 2011 build 195.

Looks like 94298. The message on "reinstall" is correct.
Please note that any crash report should contain dumps which yours does not.
Visconti12
Build 195 W7 x86:
Application failed after clean installation and can't be started.
Traces uploaded to ftp /Visconti12
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

// System Watcher does not work in this build, it's a known bug
richbuff
QUOTE(Visconti12)
Application failed...

Where does it say that? smile.gif

Or: Some components cannot be enabled? I guess it is the System Watcher? Please see the first post of the build discussion thread.

To All: Please read all of the current relevant topics and posts, Before posting. That way, we don't have multiple repeat posting of the same unnecessary thing over and over again.
syf-wxmh
I can not update, it will always appear searching for the update

traces on here

syfwxmh-->kis 2011 beta-->TRACE-37CE94-VC52-CCHHYY22-001.rar

b 195
FoxKas
KIS 2011 ver. 11.0.0.195

Update - HIPS

GSI Link

Regards.
syf-wxmh
I don't know why I meet this problem when I activate kis

Click to view attachment

B195 win7
sullysnet
I cannot get around activation in this build and had issues on the first build as well. The activation screen never allows me to finish activating it
even though it says I am activated. If I log off and log back on it will prompt me again. If I choose to do it later it does nothing and never starts
the application even though it is running. On install the gadget is loaded but the icon in the tray never shows up, but the processes are running.

I do not have logs as I have to remove it but it seems like some activation information is staying around. I have screen shots but I didn't grab the logs
like I should have. I had seen this issue reported by others on the last build.

Uninstall works fine and removes most of everything besides a few things I removed by hand in the software tree, KL1 is left behind but I have to delete
that in safe mode (if possible). Not sure how to get around this prompting of activation and get the application started. Performing a repair was no help and
prompted me again with that same activation screen in my screen shot. Guidance on how to move forward would be helpful. thanks

Windows7 x64 (latest patches) KIS 11.0.0.195

The same bug as Rampastein

winZard
Upgrade to Version 11.0.195

The next button is missing...

FoxKas
KIS 2011 ver. 11.0.0.195 W7

Update Center - Update Bug

GSI Link

Regards.

BrollyLSSJ
On first try to install build 195, setup did not complete (I had build 187 uninstalled, rebooted and tried to install it). But on the Second try, installation went fine except that the configuration wizard did not show up, but repairing the installation fixed it.
Visconti12
Build 198 W7 x86
Just after first reboot of a clean installation KIS set-up two desktop gadgets. You can close it and after a second system restart, you get just one.
Let me know if traces are needed.
Click to view attachment

please attach %localappdata%\microsoft\windows sidebar\settings.ini file
(after 2 gadget appears)
Rampastein
KIS 11.0.0.198

After installation I unchecked "Start Kaspersky Internet Security" in the Configuration Wizard. However, the avp.exe didn't exit and remained in the process list for several minutes.. until I terminated it using Task Manager.

Traces attached: Click to view attachment

Andrey Selyanin
QUOTE(FoxKas @ 28.04.2010 12:01) *
KIS 2011 ver. 11.0.0.195 W7

Update Center - Update Bug

GSI Link

Please attach actual traces.
syf-wxmh
QUOTE(syf-wxmh @ 27.04.2010 16:45) *
I don't know why I meet this problem when I activate kis
Click to view attachment

B195 win7

sorry I forgot copy that on here.

this is traces

syfwxmh-->kis 2011 beta-->
TRACE-EBD216-KAFAN-SABER123-001.rar

b195
Andrey Selyanin
QUOTE(winZard @ 28.04.2010 10:54) *
Upgrade to Version 11.0.195

The next button is missing...

Configuration? Traces? From which version do you upgrade?
Visconti12
QUOTE(Visconti12 @ 28.04.2010 20:10) *
Build 198 W7 x86
Just after first reboot of a clean installation KIS set-up two desktop gadgets. You can close it and after a second system restart, you get just one.
Let me know if traces are needed.
Click to view attachment

(after 2 gadget appears)

Traces uploaded (ftp/Viscont12/KAV.11.0.0.198_04.28-29_Hng_Frz_01 and KAV.11.0.0.198_04.28-29_Hng_Frz_02) with this issue and some freezes after first installation reboot of build 198.
antikythera
Install ends prematurely when choosing KAV licence activation. product configuration progress window opens briefly and then closes. application does not load and there is no prompt to reboot. installation and setup traces in log file for build 11.0.0.198 in my folder on server.

I booted into safe mode after this happened and removed the application verifier entry from the registry. then rebooted and got prompted for licence type again. I chose KAV beta trial and it appeared to load OK with green status and gadget functional.

KAV 11.0.0.198, Vista Home Premium x64 SP2

Andrey Selyanin
QUOTE(Visconti12 @ 29.04.2010 13:05) *
Traces uploaded (ftp/Viscont12/KAV.11.0.0.198_04.28-29_Hng_Frz_01 and KAV.11.0.0.198_04.28-29_Hng_Frz_02) with this issue and some freezes after first installation reboot of build 198.

I don't see settings.ini file there which I asked you to send:
(after 2 gadget appears)
Andrey Selyanin
QUOTE(syf-wxmh @ 29.04.2010 12:39) *
sorry I forgot copy that on here.

this is traces

syfwxmh-->kis 2011 beta-->
TRACE-EBD216-KAFAN-SABER123-001.rar

b195

There are 75 mega of traces of different time. Could you please provide the traces of the moment you recieve this popup?
winZard
QUOTE(Andrey Selyanin @ 29.04.2010 13:01) *
Configuration? Traces? From which version do you upgrade?

Sorry but, I already used the build 11.0.0.198

After the reinstall (build 11.0.0.195) I could not found the update setup!
Visconti12
QUOTE(Andrey Selyanin @ 29.04.2010 14:40) *
I don't see settings.ini file there which I asked you to send:

Here we go:
CODE
[Root]
SettingsVersion="00.00.00.02"

[Hashes]
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Shared Gadgets\Kaspersky.Gadget="%7B4EA22C8A-F81A-2E1A-3424-E47F7403B9A2%7D"

ogy
KIS build 11.0.0.198

KIS is get corrupted after a forced pc reboot
Did a repair but still unable to load all protection components at startup (your computer security is at risk/protection is not running)
Skin is messed up too after the repair (sie pictures)

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

trace logs:
Click to view attachment
sullysnet
Installed 198 and install went smoother than previous times, I was not hung up at activation. Once the application had launched it reported
that databases needed to be updated. I ran the update and it still reported out of date. After a reboot this issue was resolved.

Next issue has to do with the application not being able to stop completely which I know is a bug, but even with self defense diabled I still have
no way of stopping the service. There is no option when right clicking in services and if I kill it with process explorer it will just start again. Only
way to grab logs that are not in use was to reboot.

Logs - ftp://data4.kaspersky-labs.com/sullysnet/KIS-198-Logs.rar

Interesting thing happens, if I try to restart KIS from the start menu icon, it never shows that it is running in the tray. If I force kill avp.exe (the
service) it will not kill (normal I would guess) but the strange part is once I try to kill it I can now launch it from the KIS icon and it will now show
up in the tray. I was not able to get the logs from these actions because I was having a hard time disabling the application. The only way I found
to disable it was to turn off the self defense, pause the service, delete the run key for KIS, msconfig disable service and reboot.

Boyfriend
KIS 11.0.0.198, Windows 7 x86

During update, something goes wrong, error updating HIPS components as well as HIPS file rollback as shown below:

Click to view attachment

Traces are here: Click to view attachment

After exiting KIS, Action Center warns. Clicking on "Turn on Kaspersky Internet Security" and selecting "Yes, I trust the publisher and want to run this program", a command prompt windows titled "Kaspersky Lab" opens (it launches wmiav.exe).

Click to view attachment

However, KIS does not launch. After that, launching KIS manually from start menu starts the processes (two avp.exe in task manager), but there is no icon in tray, nor does Action Center recognizes KIS as running/protecting the computer.

Traces are here: Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.