Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Error 1406 I can't install Kaspersky Internet security 2010
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Chef nub
Vista 32bit--

I downloaded and saved it on the desktop (The Trial download)- Ran as administrator- It then gives an error of installing Kl1.sys (Something like that) Then It gives another error as it writing system registry values Error 1406.Could not write value EnableSelfProtection to key \SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\AVP9\settings. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. It then says to abort, retry and Ignore. I click ignore but there are to many files to ignore (and I think it won't work even if i did bother trying) Retry, Does nothing But pops up the same Screen and then Abort. I have to keep doing this. Please help me! I really want to install kaspesky internet security! 5 tried disabling My zone alarm extreme security but nothing happened.

Thanks Kaspersky Fan bc.gif bc.gif angry2.gif sad.gif Attachment for screen shot of what happened)
maxxx121
hello
did you said you have installed zone alarm extreme security in your PC?

you must always remove other AVs before installing kaspersky
use zone alarm uninstaller http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/sup.../cpes_clean.exe to completely uninstall zone alarm>reboot PC>then try installing kaspersky>reboot again
REMEMBER run this uninstaller by selecting run as administrator (if you face any issues in uninstalling zone alarm then boot your PC in safe mode and then use the uninstaller tool)
any ways if this does not help post the report asked below

please post a GSI report http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...post&p=5395

regards
Don Pelotas
zone alarm extreme security as a minimum must be uninstalled if you wish to use Kaspersky, they will not mix. Post the GSI log.
Knight Captain
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security contains parts of the Kaspersky AV engine.
Chef nub
Does this mean i have to uninstall malwarebytes to?
Don Pelotas
Not necessarily.
maxxx121
you only need to uninstall malwarebytre if you are using paid version
in free version the proactive defense is not active so it does not conflict with kaspersky
even if you are using paid version then disable proactive defense of malwarebyte and you can use it
Chef nub
Here is my GSI (sorry for taking such a long time - it wasen't my turn on the computer) : http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...ddaa7e&ms=0
maxxx121
uninstall the following

AhnLab Online Security
Norton Security Scan
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security

reboot PC after each uninstall

is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware paid version or free if free no need to do anything,if paid then disable proactive defence(autoprotection) settings of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

turn off
Windows Defender
windows firewall(if not turned off) after the uninstallation of zonealarm

dude r u using pirated vista(activated by some loader) nono.gif
Chef nub
No. I brought my Laptop at currys in england.
maxxx121
then do the steps i mentioned in POST#9 and POST#2 and then give a try to install kaspersky,hope you succeed smile.gif

and what about your malwarebyte if its paid version or free,take actions appropriately(if paid please dissable auto protection/proactivedefence)
or else you will have a slow PC etc
Chef nub
Aww Man! It still dosen't work! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif icon20.gif icon20.gif icon20.gif icon20.gif
richbuff
Change the owner for the securitycenter key to your account name.
Open regedit and navigate to that key, right click the key and select Permissions, click Advanced and go to the Owner tab. Set yourself as owner and tick the Replace owner on objects entry. Click ok and apply. Then click Add in the permissions dialog and add "Everyone". Below tick the Full control option under allow.
Chef nub
Sorry but what key.. Sorry I am a newbie icon20.gif
Chef nub
Oh.. Found the key But now it says : Unable to save permission changes on kaspersky lab. Help PLEASE!
richbuff
Screenshots in German: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry512746
Chef nub
I don't have Data
Chef nub
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU IT WORKS THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!! THE LAST THING I DID WAS DELETE ZONE LAB FOLDER AND BAM! IT WORKED MAN! THANK YOU IF I MET YOU I WOULD GIVE U SOME MONEY MAN! THANK YOU!
Chef nub
Thanks for you time/help! =D I am very happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.