Help - Search - Members
Full Version: kaspersky database out of date
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
wolf70
quick question about kaspersky... always says databases out of date when i log on each time. i have update center set for updates to be done daily at 8 am but when i log on at night it is out of date and then firewall not on. why is it doing this even when i have it preset... so what happens is it then starts to update while i am online and slows things down! thanks again
shivaprasad
QUOTE(wolf70 @ 12.02.2010 08:37) *
quick question about kaspersky... always says databases out of date when i log on each time. i have update center set for updates to be done daily at 8 am but when i log on at night it is out of date and then firewall not on. why is it doing this even when i have it preset... so what happens is it then starts to update while i am online and slows things down! thanks again

Please see that if time n date settings of your computer are correct or not
wolf70
QUOTE(shivaprasad @ 11.02.2010 23:26) *
Please see that if time n date settings of your computer are correct or not

Yes time and date settings are correct. what next.
richbuff
Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok. Then attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right Detailed report, drop down > My Update center, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.
wolf70
QUOTE(richbuff @ 19.02.2010 00:28) *
Settings > Update > Settings > Update source > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok>ok. Then attach the update report.
Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right Detailed report, drop down > My Update center, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.
If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

hello, ive attached the update text
richbuff
Your report shows Update Task Completed, and the time/date appears to be correct, too.
wolf70
QUOTE(richbuff @ 22.02.2010 00:54) *
Your report shows Update Task Completed, and the time/date appears to be correct, too.

Hello Kaspersky still updating when i log into computer. Just did it now as i am online. Seems like databases are "out of date" everyday or every other day when I log on. why is this. why wouldn't it just update when i am not on computer.
eric p
can anybody tell me why my updates suddenly wont update and are now obsolete i use kaspersky internet security 2010
richbuff
QUOTE(eric p)
can anybody tell me why ...
Welcome. Check system date/time correct, then Settings > Update > Settings > Proxy server > uncheck proxy server > ok>ok. If still no go, attach the update report.
Lower right of Kaspersky window, Reports > upper left, drop down > Update, then upper right Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth Important topic.

wolf70, It can't update when the PC is off, and it will update 15 minutes after the PC is turned on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.