Help - Search - Members
Full Version: how to delete detected viruses and trojans
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
Portchop
hi, i got a message from kaspersky and it detected 3 viruses and 2 viruses, but the disinfect all button is grey and wont let me disinfect them. I wanna know ow to delete the 3 viruses and 2 trojans detected. dash1.gif
dawgg
When you open Kaspersky, is the banner at the top (and the LEDs in the circle) green?

If yes, then Kaspersky has removed it and you do not need to do anything. The numbers are just indicating how many of what Kaspersky has detected on your computer in the past. Not how many are still on your computer and pose a threat.
If the colour is not green, click the banner and post a screenshot of what it says.
Portchop
QUOTE(dawgg @ 15.01.2010 12:48) *
When you open Kaspersky, is the banner at the top (and the LEDs in the circle) green?

If yes, then Kaspersky has removed it and you do not need to do anything. The numbers are just indicating how many of what Kaspersky has detected on your computer in the past. Not how many are still on your computer and pose a threat.
If the colour is not green, click the banner and post a screenshot of what it says.

yes the lights are green but will the detected 3 viruses go away and 2 trojans? oh and i did a vulnerability scan and i fixed all the vulnerabilities but then i had 3 vulnerable applications and added 1 of them to the exclusions, did i do wrong or whats up...?
dawgg
Unfortunatley Kaspersky keeps the numbers remain there unless you uninstall/install Kaspersky again. The actual trojan/virus are gone, but the number remains there.

Whether you done wrong or not depends on why you added it to exclusions and what application/file was vulnerable.
s.c.
QUOTE(dawgg @ 15.01.2010 22:37) *
Unfortunatley Kaspersky keeps the numbers remain there unless you uninstall/install Kaspersky again. The actual trojan/virus are gone, but the number remains there.

Whether you done wrong or not depends on why you added it to exclusions and what application/file was vulnerable.

i had the same problem and noticed that you were correct, but when i clicked on the Disinfected tab it was blank... I dont know if this means that the viruses werent deleted after all, or if this tab is not meant for that type of disinfecting.
dawgg
You have to select All in the dropdown list to all blocked, disinfected, deleted malware. Quarantine is only for malware manually added (either by clicking Quarantine at the bottom of that screen or clicking Quarantine in a popup from Kaspersky if you are using it in Interactive mode).
Tony42221
Thank You... I was searching to see if the Trojans/viruses were still there... shows detected but not deleted... must presume that if green the threat is gone...
dawgg
Yes smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.