Help - Search - Members
Full Version: How to use the quarantine and disinfect options in reports window
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
ray2
I am using KIS 2010 version 9.0.0.736(a.b) with XP Pro, SP3 (build 3600). In the reports window, I have two items that are marked as suspicious. I'd like to know to use the quarantine and disinfect all options in the detected threats window. The disinfect all option seems to be disabled. If I highlight a suspicious item and select the quarantine option I get a window that asks to open a file.
Lucian Bara
hello
quarantine is used to quarantine your files, for example if you have a malware that kaspersky won't flag at all, you can quarantine it then right click it to send it for submission.
if the disinfect all button is disabled, it means kaspersky can't take any action on what is listed there.
Can you post a screenshot of the detected tab?
jandm925
When I click the "quarantine" button, all it does is prompt me to open a file. Why? How is it supposed to work? This is NOT a very user-friendly program at all.
shukla10
QUOTE(jandm925 @ 8.01.2010 01:30) *
When I click the "quarantine" button, all it does is prompt me to open a file. Why? How is it supposed to work? This is NOT a very user-friendly program at all.

the quarantine button is for manually deleting a file which u think is a undetected malware. To submit it to kaspersky lab by right click the quarantine file and clicking send......

its to submit new viruses or malwares to virus lab.......
ray2
QUOTE(ray2 @ 7.01.2010 13:27) *
I am using KIS 2010 version 9.0.0.736(a.cool.gif with XP Pro, SP3 (build 3600). In the reports window, I have two items that are marked as suspicious. I'd like to know to use the quarantine and disinfect all options in the detected threats window. The disinfect all option seems to be disabled. If I highlight a suspicious item and select the quarantine option I get a window that asks to open a file.

I think that my question has been satisfactorily answered. Thanks
dh27564
In addition to what others have offered, here is some additional information on quarantine:

The Quarantine line is used to put a file into Quarantine that you believe is infected, but Kaspersky isn't detecting. This is why it opens a browse window for you to locate the file. Most users will not need to manually quarantine a file. Kaspersky will automatically block, delete, disinfect, or quarantine any malware that will harm your computer.

To quarantine a file, select QUARANTINE > BROWSE (to find the file you want to quarantine), > OPEN. The file is quarantined. To restore a quarantined file, select QUARANTINED from the DETECTED THREATS tab, right click the file, and select RESTORE.

Items in quarantine have already been deleted and the backup copy is removed after 30 days. To guard against false positives, the quarantine file is rescanned when new updates are installed on your computer.

Vulnerabilities are not viruses, and quarantining them can impair the operation of your computer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.