Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Removing Incompatible CA Security Installation
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
webman1200
I've recently uninstalled CA security via Add/Remove programs. However, when I try to install a trial version of Kaspersky Security 2010, it says that an incompatible installation of CA security is still there. I've run a removal tool by CA, manually deleted registry folders, and ran CCleaner. CA is nowhere to be found anymore; not in the registry, not in add/remove programs, all programs, etc. I've also rebooted my PC.

Is it a false reading? Is it somewhere else that I'm unaware of?

Are there any other removal tools or instructions?

My PC is on Windows Vista Home Premium, 64-bit.

Lucian Bara
hello
what is the exact name that the installer detects it as (the full name)
webman1200
The installer detects it as: CA eTrust Suite Personal
Lucian Bara
that's the key through which it's detected.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal

since your on 64 bits you may need this one:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal

in both cases delete the key (right click the eTrust Suite Personal key -folder icon on the left tree view and select delete)
webman1200
Thanks, that fixed it!
CaboParano
Same problem guys,but here what is it:

Heeeeeeeeeelp
Lucian Bara
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C3E7091E-E650-4951-B8A4-1FE6252D52C3}
CaboParano
Thanks a lot Lucian,this helps smile.gif
Rajas1
Hi,
Last day I purchased KasperSky Internet Security...
Facing same problem...
Unable to remove "CA eTrust Personal Suite"... I tried to track the files as you stated here... But there is no file or folder named "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" in my system... I am using Windows 7 Professional... please help me
richbuff
Welcome. That is not a file or a folder, that is a registry key.
Rajas1
Hi
Then please guide me that WHAT SHOULD I DO TO REMOVE "CA eTrust Suite Personal"
richbuff
Before we start digging into the registry, let's see if CA eTrust Suite Personal is still installed.

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth Important topic.
antikythera
link to CA removal tools:

http://cainternetsecurity.net/KB/KD.aspx?KDId=1056
jwro82
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 6.11.2009 15:02) *
hello
what is the exact name that the installer detects it as (the full name)

I have the same problem but i have windows 7
can you please help
jwro82
I have the same issue, trying to upload Kaspersky but keep getting a message telling me to remove ca etrust personal suite,... ca was no help and ca etrust wants money to remove which is BS. never had so many problems before.
If you coud please give me a play by play on how to remove I would greatly appeciate it.
I even downloaded Revo uninstaller and wiped all deleted data from my laptop which took hours and still nothing.
If this sounds like a cry for help it very much is.
I had CA security Suite 2010

dash1.gif
jwro82
dash1.gif I have the same issue, trying to upload Kaspersky but keep getting a message telling me to remove ca etrust personal suite,... ca was no help and ca etrust wants money to remove which is BS. never had so many problems before.
If you coud please give me a play by play on how to remove I would greatly appeciate it.
I even downloaded Revo uninstaller and wiped all deleted data from my laptop which took hours and still nothing.
If this sounds like a cry for help it very much is.
richbuff
Did you see the post that is quoted below?
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 6.11.2009 12:14) *
that's the key through which it's detected.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal

since your on 64 bits you may need this one:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\eTrust Suite Personal

in both cases delete the key (right click the eTrust Suite Personal key -folder icon on the left tree view and select delete)
Emphasis added.
jwro82
QUOTE(richbuff @ 10.04.2011 22:18) *
Did you see the post that is quoted below? Emphasis added.

how do i do that,not completely computer literate
can you give me instruction on where and how to access the folder and delete it please.
thank you
richbuff
Please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136393
jwro82
QUOTE(richbuff @ 11.04.2011 19:57) *

thank you for al the help but that file is not on my pc.ive sat for hours with techs and they cant find it but it still shows the same error message,,guess i just cant use kaspersky without wipeing my computer and like a dumb@ss i never made a backup disk so although i have everything backed up on mmy external harddrive so is this stupi etrust file where ever it is
richbuff
Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the seventh Important topic.

If the incompatible software does not show up on your GSI report, I will post installer work around instructions for you.
Whizard
Please follow those steps afterwards:
http://cainternetsecurity.net/KB/KD.aspx?KDId=1056
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.