Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Quarantined Virus Keeps Coming Back
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues
Corridan
Hi All!

I have the following notice of a virus alert from Kasper.

11/4/2009 6:51:00 PM Quarantined virus HEUR:Exploit.Script.Generic C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WXYBCXA3\index[1].htm

It quarantines it, but the notice keeps coming back requiring me to quarantine it again. I tried following the file path to get to the problem and delete it, but the file path ends at Guest. Explorer does not show a Local Setings folder here. Is there a way to eradicate this virus and keep it from coming back? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
dawgg
In Kaspersky, click Settings - Updates... untick "rescan quarantine".. has it stopped coming back?

You cant see the Local Settings folder and subfolders because they are Hidden by Windows (to prevent people from accidentally deleting potentially important files).

Typing C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WXYBCXA3\ into the addressbar of Windows Explorer might open the folder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.