Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Behavior similar to PDM.Invader, detected
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
dchris
I have been receiving intermittent messages about PDM.invader. I am a novice. I have NO idea what this means or how to fix it or how to disable the warning (if desirable).

I have upgraded a file called GetSystemInfo_CHRIS-LAPTOP_Chris_2009_11_01_19_55_15 located on my desktop.

Please assist me.
Sjoeii
Please post a screenshot of the PDM pop up
DrTeeth
QUOTE(dchris @ 2.11.2009 04:11) *
I have been receiving intermittent messages about PDM.invader. I am a novice. I have NO idea what this means or how to fix it or how to disable the warning (if desirable).

I have upgraded a file called GetSystemInfo_CHRIS-LAPTOP_Chris_2009_11_01_19_55_15 located on my desktop.

Please assist me.

I get this too, all from trusted apps I have used for a long time. I also similarly get PDM.DNS messages. For example, I get it with 'Stickies', a freeware post-it like program when it loads when I start my PC.

Personally, I just ignore them as the apps are safe, but would ideally like to disable them.

DrT
dchris
QUOTE(Sjoeii @ 1.11.2009 23:58) *
Please post a screenshot of the PDM pop up

I shall attempt to do so. Have not run into it today. One of the mysteries and wonders of Windows, is it not?
Nellywong
Hi,
Can anyone assist me in solving the Riskware Invader problem please...I did what Don said, deactivate the proactive setting. The notification did go away but the effect is still there. What I'm saying is that when it attacks my taskbar would flashes for a while and everything goes back to normal except my wireless broadband. The thing would freeze, the connection gets disconnected, and there is no way the frozen icon would get disconnected and I had to restart my laptop once in an hour or two and that is very annoying. Oh, another thing that always gets affected is the audio system. The audio would show the is no audio device detected and mute everything. Can somebody tell me how to get rid of the annoying riskware other than having my laptop reformatted again? Thanks...replies appreciated.
richbuff
Welcome. You bumped up a two year old thread, but few clues givens. Full detection details? OS? Product version? Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth Important topic.
Bryan84
Same here. This message is getting very irritating. Its prompting me of software that I have used for so long even MSN! I added them to Exclusion List but it still keeps giving me the detection. Anyway to stop it? sad.gif

Or...

Can we exclude applications to be analyst?

Or...

Which option should we untick in Proactive Defense to stop this notification?
Bryan84
Then can we exclude applications to be analyst?

Or...

Which option should we untick in Proactive Defense to stop this notification?
Bryan84
Which should I be disabling?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.