Help - Search - Members
Full Version: KL antivirus mobile
Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > Mobile Products Beta-testing
stefchovr
My mobile phone is Sony Ericson K700i. My question is: Can I use this antivirus program for it?
Viktor
QUOTE(stefchovr @ May 15 2006, 03:40 PM)
My mobile phone is Sony Ericson K700i. My question is: Can I use this antivirus program for it?

Unfortunately K700 doesn't run neither Symbian OS or WinCE OS. There is no any AV software for K700
bugirc
QUOTE(Viktor @ 15.05.2006 17:04)
Unfortunately K700 doesn't run neither Symbian OS or WinCE OS. There is no any AV software for K700

You are corect with it but, i read the virus news and i heard that now there are and java viruses!! now and sonyericson phones are not protected! what about it?? blink.gif
Viktor
QUOTE(bugirc @ 1.06.2006 14:10)
You are corect with it but, i read the virus news and i heard that now there are and java viruses!! now and sonyericson phones are not protected! what about it?? blink.gif

You are right, there are same j2me-trojans for cell phones such as SE, but there is no any way to develop j2me-antivirus.
bugirc
QUOTE(Viktor @ 1.06.2006 16:12)
You are right, there are same j2me-trojans for cell phones such as SE, but there is no any way to develop j2me-antivirus.

There is way to make a java antivirus in some years? unsure.gif
Viktor
QUOTE(bugirc @ 1.06.2006 16:20)
There is way to make a java antivirus in some years? unsure.gif

It isn't enough for antivirus developing to have only j2me api with MIDP2 sad.gif
bugirc
QUOTE(Viktor @ 1.06.2006 16:30)
It isn't enough for antivirus developing to have only j2me api with MIDP2 sad.gif

I Cant understand it! Can you say it again with more simple words! rolleyes.gif thanks...
Viktor
QUOTE(bugirc @ 1.06.2006 17:00)
I Cant understand it! Can you say it again with more simple words!  rolleyes.gif  thanks...

I'll try rolleyes.gif
It is not possible to develop an Antivirus software using only Java 2 Micro Edition with Mobile Information Device Profile 2 wink.gif
benighted
Let's try to discuss the utility of a Java antivirus:
Java virii don't spread autonomously. One has to INSTALL a program and RUN it in order to be infected, and in order for the program to work. As far as i know, a java virus can't be very stealthy, and it can't run automatically on phone startup. (but the folks at Kaspersky Labs sure know it better). Thus, it's hard for a homo SAPIENS to get a Java virus.
So isn't a little thought more important than a piece of software that can't even be implemented in the limited Java Virtual Machine of 'stupidphones'?..

I'll also try to do that 'simple word' explaination for bugirc...
Java programs don't run like ordinary programs, as a part of an operating system. Also, they can NOT launch themselves. When you want to start a Java program, a thing called Virtual Machine is started, and the Java program runs 'inside' it. Thus, you can apply security settings to the VM or to each program, and it can only access limited resources of the device and can NOT alter system data. hope i could explain huh.gif
bugirc
QUOTE(benighted @ 3.06.2006 00:20)
Java virii don't spread autonomously. One has to INSTALL a program and RUN it in order to be infected, and in order for the program to work. As far as i know, a java virus can't be very stealthy, and it can't run automatically on phone startup. (but the folks at Kaspersky Labs sure know it better). Thus, it's hard for a homo SAPIENS to get a Java virus.
So isn't a little thought more important than a piece of software that can't even be implemented in the limited Java Virtual Machine of 'stupidphones'?..
Java programs don't run like ordinary programs, as a part of an operating system. Also, they can NOT launch themselves. When you want to start a Java program, a thing called Virtual Machine is started, and the Java program runs 'inside' it. Thus, you can apply security settings to the VM or to each program, and it can only access limited resources of the device and can NOT alter system data.  hope i could explain  huh.gif

Ok! this replay is very helpfull! now i understand!! thanks... ohmy.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif smile.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Viktor
QUOTE(bugirc @ 3.06.2006 16:22)
QUOTE(benighted @ 3.06.2006  00:20)

Java programs don't run like ordinary programs, as a part of an operating system. Also, they can NOT launch themselves. When you want to start a Java program, a thing called Virtual Machine is started, and the Java program runs 'inside' it. Thus, you can apply security settings to the VM or to each program, and it can only access limited resources of the device and can NOT alter system data.  hope i could explain  huh.gif

Ok! this replay is very helpfull! now i understand!! thanks... ohmy.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif smile.gif laugh.gif

it's hard for a homo SAPIENS to get a Java virus biggrin.gif
You're absolutely right wink.gif
www.travelskiathos.com
Would it be easy to create a list with all the mobiles that they can run tha antivirus?I would like also to ask if anyone knows a good utility for backup?
bugirc
QUOTE(www.travelskiathos.com @ 4.06.2006 13:45)
Would it be easy to create a list with all the mobiles that they can run tha antivirus?I would like also to ask if anyone knows a good utility for backup?

Hello firend and welcome to kaspersky forum! Here we are talking about kaspersky products and not for buckup!
A page with all the mobile phones that the kaspersky mobile security supports is this: Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus Beta 1 supported phones - Click here!
Viktor
QUOTE(www.travelskiathos.com @ 4.06.2006 13:45)
I would like also to ask if anyone knows a good utility for backup?

Nokia PC Suite for example wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.