Help - Search - Members
Full Version: [Merged]Yahoo Mail Virus ???
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Pages: 1, 2
AGENT ORANGE
Logged onto yahoo, tried to acess mail and screen came up............ "while trying to recieve the url.................... the following threat was encountered.....HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Script.Generic,"
Is there a problem with my comp, or is Kis 10 at fault, and is there a way to rectify the problem.
Both firefox and explorer do the same thing... the url is, if it helps...http://uk.mg40.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.gx=1&.rand=8nnk9arlm261e
Thanks
bigpotatopat
KIS2010 is suddenly blocking access to mail.yahoo.com saying there is a trojan downloader. What's intersting is that I had been in mail.yahoo.com a couple minutes prior and did not get any warnings. Is this a false positive?

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL:

http://us.mg0.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.
gx=1&.rand=a5jhvkh724fvj

The following threat was encountered:

The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses: HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Script.Generic
Generated:
10/6/2009 10:07:04 AM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
almost_sold
I'm having the same problem in FF3 and IE8.
In IE8 though, the browser message suggests clicking the link to access in Yahoo Mail Classic instead. That let me into my mail account.

update:

In FF3 I browsed to My Yahoo! and found an option to switch Mail to Classic. Once again that let me in. So this is looking like a Yahoo problem.

QUOTE(bigpotatopat @ 6.10.2009 10:16) *
KIS2010 is suddenly blocking access to mail.yahoo.com saying there is a trojan downloader. What's intersting is that I had been in mail.yahoo.com a couple minutes prior and did not get any warnings. Is this a false positive?
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL:

http://us.mg0.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.
gx=1&.rand=a5jhvkh724fvj

The following threat was encountered:

The requested object is INFECTED with the following viruses: HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Script.Generic
Generated:
10/6/2009 10:07:04 AM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
shah jahan
Can't confirm heuristics detection.
Possibly a False Positive?
Update your database and try again.

(To report False Positives, email <newvirus@kaspersky.com> or use This form)
Zarathustra82
I am having the same issue on 2 different PCs using 2 different mail account from yahoo. There is something definatelly wrong with yahoo
bigpotatopat
I updated my databases and retested and still got the warning.

I know Yahoo has been updating their web page design recently.

I also submitted the report to Kaspersky support
IC3M4N
For the moment you could try to change back to yahoo mail classic. This has done the trick for me. Best wishes beer.gif b_punk.gif
alexxfender
I have the same problem from today...
cant even login to switch to yahoo classic mail
diredup
I have the same issue but it didn't start happening until Kaspersky did an update. I had accessed Yahoo mail earlier but than Kaspersky updated and I started getting the error. This happend on my other two computers also but the one desktop I have that uses G Data Internet Security has no issues logging in to Yahoo mail, its a Kaspersky issue, not Yahoo.
TriStarGod
The same problem just started affecting me today. Every time I try to log on to yahoo mail (mail.yahoo.com) , kaspersky claims there is a trojan.

UPDATE: According to similar situations online, it seems that some viruses may have infected my browser's cache. I am performing a full scan to get rid of them. Hopefully, after I remove them, Kaspersky won't claim mail.yahoo.com has a trojan.
languy99
yup I got the same problem, here is a screen shot.

hakz
QUOTE(IC3M4N @ 6.10.2009 19:06) *
For the moment you could try to change back to yahoo mail classic. This has done the trick for me. Best wishes beer.gif b_punk.gif

hasn't worked for me
afaceri
The same problem here, I already sent an email to newvirus. My database is up to date.

Can someone else try to login to yahoo mail to check if it works?

Thanks
shinaku
I can't switch to classic either. I can sometimes view the mail in my igoogle gadget but can't log in to yahoo mail.
Knight Captain
NewVirus confirms this is a false positive.

The fix is just to add Yahoo Mail to the Trusted URLs list in 2010:

Open Kaspersky.
Click on Settings.
Click on Web Anti-Virus on the left.
Click on the Settings... button on the right.
Click on the Select... button.
Click on + Add.
Enter in: *.mail.yahoo.com/*
Click OK 4 times.

Retry the web site. If it does not work, close all open web browsers and reopen the site.
ajayverma99
i m also getting the same problem from today onwards??????????????????why

i attch screenshots
Emmie
QUOTE(Knight Captain @ 6.10.2009 13:51) *

Open Kaspersky.
Click on Settings.
Click on + Add.
Click OK 4 times.

Retry the web site. If it does not work, close all open web browsers and reopen the site.

Thank you for your help with the instructions. I tried to follow your instructions to the letter and closed my browser and reopened to try logging into yahoo again. I still got the same error message. Then tried several variations of the yahoo address in the exclusion list. Same results. Earlier I contacted tech support for Kaspersky and was told basically, sorry for the false positive and it will be fixed in the next update. So, I guess I will have to wait it out.
bogdanf
yep
same problem even here...
gkweb
Hello,

Same problem here, on two different computers (XP 32bits & Vista 64bits)

Regards,
gkweb.
ravi4989
I have the same problem!
KenH
QUOTE(Emmie @ 6.10.2009 21:20) *
Thank you for your help with the instructions. I tried to follow your instructions to the letter and closed my browser and reopened to try logging into yahoo again. I still got the same error message. Then tried several variations of the yahoo address in the exclusion list. Same results. Earlier I contacted tech support for Kaspersky and was told basically, sorry for the false positive and it will be fixed in the next update. So, I guess I will have to wait it out.

I guess we have to be patient- I followed the instructions and go nowhere- oh well, most of the mail was not inportant
Viperalus
I have the same problem when opened Yahoo very early in the morning 3:00 GMT+1 and also at the rest of the day.
I have Kaspersky 2009 should I follow the same instructions as at the 1st post?
Andre Bras
Have the same issue and I sent Yahoo a report with the Print Screen images as I am not sure if are a false positive or their database are corrupted hosting the HEUR:trojan-downloader.script.generic. There's some place can we send files to Kaspersky to analysis? We know hotmail, msn and windows live accounts has been compromised (over 10k accounts with personal data released last friday) in the past weekend and we noticed that has much more extreme aggressive worms everywhere now.
Viperalus
QUOTE(Andre Bras @ 6.10.2009 20:58) *
Have the same issue and I sent Yahoo a report with the Print Screen images as I am not sure if are a false positive or their database are corrupted hosting the HEUR:trojan-downloader.script.generic. There's some place can we send files to Kaspersky to analysis? We know hotmail, msn and windows live accounts has been compromised (over 10k accounts with personal data released last friday) in the past weekend and we noticed that has much more extreme aggressive worms everywhere now.

This is very important. We have to reassured that there is not a false alarm.
Thank you for your support guys!
bogdan93
i have some problems with my kis 2010 sad.gif...he don't let me to acces yahoo mail services...please help me

kentkev
I too have experienced yahoo mail problem and also on Argos.co.uk website too
shane05091967
QUOTE(Viperalus @ 6.10.2009 20:03) *
This is very important. We have to reassured that there is not a false alarm.
Thank you for your support guys!

Looks like it is fixed guys.

Just updated and no more warnings.

Using AV8 Tech Previer for Windows 7
ravi4989
[size="5"][/size]yahoo is under protection of NORTON.
kentkev
Having problems with Argos too
Viperalus
QUOTE(Firestorm70 @ 6.10.2009 21:12) *
Just open your Kaspersky program and go to>settings>web anti-virus>settings>check the box that says>"do not scan http traffic of trusted web address". then go to>SELECT >add+, and type in the address bar this address> *.mail.yahoo.com/* then hit> OK OK APPLY OK

Are you referring at Kaspersky 10? I have the v. 9 and I can't find the "web anti-virus" section...
Thanks

edit: also, I had crashes of Firefox. Yesterday alone I had 4 crashes! Some said that stagevu.com is infected with viruses trojans and I was on tht site. Is that true, does anyone has any info regarding this issue?
bogdan93
thank you
dawgg
The links shown with the detection are generic links to individual's accounts, so when others go onto them, we cannot reproduce a detection.
Did you do anything to get the alert (clicking a particular folder or link?)
What yahoo portal are you using? Yahoo.co.uk, .com, .in, .au?
Ed_B
I have started the same problem today. My wife copy of yahoo emial does not hav ethe problem.
How do I get around this lock out to delete the suspect email ?

Thanks

I have sent the link to Kaspersky
Kasperfan12
I do have same problem. Yahoo mail warning.
Using Kaspersky Internet security 2010. Windows 7 32 bit.
Thank you
bogdanf
but kasperksy.com ? dry.gif
can be this site infected?
is so anoying to type a wrong address ( because u hurry ) and then to be driven i don't know where...
this site is rated by Norton SafeWeb and MyWot as being NOT SAFE... what to think now?
AM I INFECTED? ( the source code for forum.kasperksy.com is not available from right-click menu, you have to open the "page" button ( in IE8 ) and then to select the "view source" item... and there you will find a iframe what is loading some information.com domain or something like that... )
k1a
Finally a update worked smile.gif
Knight Captain
QUOTE(Emmie @ 6.10.2009 14:20) *

Interesting, it worked for me. If you still have trouble can you post the message you get?
Ellion Tavian
I too am having the same problem. I don't exactly get what I'm supposed to do.

How do I get rid of the virus?
afaceri
My problem is fixed now. Update your databases now. It should work!
Ellion Tavian
My database is updated. I updated it yesterday. Do I just update it again and run a virus scan?
Shade_M16
QUOTE(Knight Captain @ 6.10.2009 20:51) *

Open Kaspersky.
Click on Settings.
Click on + Add.
Click OK 4 times.

I really appericate it. This actually fixed the problem for me. I can access my yahoo mail again. Remember, after going into web anti-virus, tick "do not scan HTTP traffic from trusted web addresses" and click select. Click "add" and type in *.mail.yahoo.com/* Exactly as wrote. Then click OK then OK again, then APPLY and OK. Now try and see if it works. I didnt have to update for it to work for me.
Knight Captain
This issue should be fixed in the databases now. If it still is blocked, please manually start an update and retry.
wickedwoman505
Showing that there is a heur:trojan-downloader.script.generic and am unable to open my mail ? I have been victim of a stalker for quite a while now and he crashed my pc and all is being investigated by the police. Well, before I set my kaspersky protection up .... My yahoo was acting strange. I have a update from a guy who I know is envolved with the hacking and he isn't even on my contact list !!! I have given this new report to the police as well but, want to know if there is anything I can do to get into my email account or to get rid of this trojan ? This hacker has driven me crazy for over 4 years now and am very fed up !!! You have no idea the crazy things he has done on my yahoo account !!!! Changes fonts all kinds of nutty stuff !!! I do believe he writes virus's he works in infrastructure and is a total geek on this damn thing !!!! HELP
oldyorkie
Good News Everyone.....issue now fixed in current KIS/KAV databases (20:28 06/09/10)

biggrin.gif
ottilia
Some thing happened to me.Trojan on mail.yahoo was detected 20 times in 5 min.!It was quarantined,but should I delete them????

Thanks,
O.
ottilia
I quarantined 20 trojan,which came in 5 min. while loging into may yahoo account.Do I have to delete them?I am usig Kaspersk Internet security.
Thanks,
O.
Emmie
QUOTE(Knight Captain @ 6.10.2009 15:54) *
Interesting, it worked for me. If you still have trouble can you post the message you get?

I had to go do something else for awhile and when I came back Kaspersky was auto updated to the new database on my comp. No more problems with yahoo. Woohoo! Thank you again for your help! smile.gif
MoBuc
mad.gif When login to http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/ Kaspersky AV 2010 is giving a "...Trojan horse..." & blocking login! The URL here is minus the personal profile arguments of the end user.

I tried it on a friend & 2 of my PCs. KAV 2010, on Windows XP Pro got the trojan alert & blocked login to Yahoo Email. Version 7. on Win 2000 Pro did not have a conflict!

Can anyone duplicate comparison & verify/disprove these results?

This may be a FALSE-POSITIVE by v9 on the new Yahoo Email login script. blink.gif

Forum prevented me from uploading a 240K PDF of KAV v9: Detected Threats report unsure.gif
Abdulrhman A
Is Yahoo! mail is infected? blink.gif

Because my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 b_punk.gif is warning me unsure.gif that the address http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com is infected with HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Script.Generic
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

So can someone help Because I can get to my e-mails sad.gif dash1.gif
rudger79
Try reboot and then manual update of databases. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.