Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 - Databases are corrupted!
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
ishie
I installed the product, with the given activation code in the email. Initially, it was installed in my laptop and it asked me to restart. However, Kaspersky alerted me that the "blacklist is corrupted", "Kaspersky Anti-virus is not activated. Updates are disabled", and "digital signature is either missing or corrupted".

I checked the online support and I made sure that my internet connection is stable and uninterrupted and that the firewall is not blocking avp9.exe (Kaspersky). I also tried turning off my firewall but to no avail. I still keep getting the error messages. I couldn't roll back the databases because it said the database is corrupted. When I try to re-activate and download the databases, it would ask me to restart and then I'm back to the same problem again! I tried to repair Kaspersky (clicked the option on the program menu) but that didn't work either.

It says here that I have 361 days until the license expires, but it hasn't even worked properly! That's unfair! I'm attaching the screen shots and the update log.

Please help! dash1.gif
ishie

Attached also is the GetsystemInfo file. Please help! Thanks!

QUOTE(ishie @ 30.09.2009 04:09) *
I installed the product, with the given activation code in the email. Initially, it was installed in my laptop and it asked me to restart. However, Kaspersky alerted me that the "blacklist is corrupted", "Kaspersky Anti-virus is not activated. Updates are disabled", and "digital signature is either missing or corrupted".

I checked the online support and I made sure that my internet connection is stable and uninterrupted and that the firewall is not blocking avp9.exe (Kaspersky). I also tried turning off my firewall but to no avail. I still keep getting the error messages. I couldn't roll back the databases because it said the database is corrupted. When I try to re-activate and download the databases, it would ask me to restart and then I'm back to the same problem again! I tried to repair Kaspersky (clicked the option on the program menu) but that didn't work either.

It says here that I have 361 days until the license expires, but it hasn't even worked properly! That's unfair! I'm attaching the screen shots and the update log.

Please help! dash1.gif

Defrag
QUOTE(ishie @ 30.09.2009 04:11) *
Attached also is the GetsystemInfo file. Please help! Thanks!

I am having the same problem when I try to analyze my C: drive before a defrag, it says there is a corruption in the file of;
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\Bases
richbuff
I am having the same problem when I try to analyze my C: drive before a defrag, ...
Welcome. Add the defragmenter processes (defrag.exe) in c:\windows\system32 to the Trusted applications list in Settings > Threats and exclusions > Trusted zone > Trusted applications with "Do not monitor application activity" and "do not scan opened files" checked. Also add these two: dfrgntfs.exe for NTFS drives and dfrgfat.exe for FAT. (You should only have to add the second one, but add the first one, too.)

If still no go, disable Self defense, located in Settings > Options, then defrag. Please don't forget to re enable Self defense when done defraging.
richbuff
..."blacklist is corrupted", "Kaspersky Anti-virus is not activated. Updates are disabled"...
Welcome. Try an uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot. And do steps 3 and 4 with your gsi.zip, as indicated in the Important "How to post + how to help us with a log of your system with the GetSystemInfo tool." topic.
ishie
Hi,

I uninstalled Kaspersky (then it asked me to reboot), then tried to reinstall it, (then it asked me to reboot again), then when I tried to download the updates, it asked me to reboot again, then Kaspersky alerted me that the databases are corrupt. I've been trying to resolve this for several days now but everytime it just comes out the same. icon20.gif

Was there something that the GSI tool failed to reflect?

Thanks!

QUOTE(richbuff @ 30.09.2009 07:05) *
Welcome. Try an uninstall Kaspersky > reboot > re install Kaspersky > reboot. And do steps 3 and 4 with your gsi.zip, as indicated in the Important "How to post + how to help us with a log of your system with the GetSystemInfo tool." topic.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.