Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Product Key
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Coconut Dream
How do I find the product key for my KIS?
Don Pelotas
It's an activationcode and you won't find it in the program, so either on the box which you purchased or if you registered:https://support.kaspersky.com/en/personalcabinet
Coconut Dream
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 21.09.2009 17:00) *
It's an activationcode and you won't find it in the program, so either on the box which you purchased or if you registered:https://support.kaspersky.com/en/personalcabinet

Hi Don

I have 3 machines all with KIS installed, although purchased at different times, I've just gone in to KIS "licence" on each machine and it's given me an 18 digit active licence number, individual on each machine, is this all I need as I don't recall ever using a personal cabinet.

I need to store these somewhere should I ever need them.

Don Pelotas
No, as already mentioned, you won't find it in the program itself. You have to use thwe activatiocode used the first time you installed. It's 20 digit btw... xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.
TrueGreen
Why are you asking? If you didn't back up your activation code and want to uninstall KIS to change to a different version do a complete uninstall of KIS and when you get to a window that includes "save activation data" check that. In other words, do a complete uninstall, saving activation data. That's the only way you can activate the newer version if you lost your activation code.
Coconut Dream
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 21.09.2009 17:28) *
No, as already mentioned, you won't find it in the program itself. You have to use thwe activatiocode used the first time you installed. It's 20 digit btw... xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.

OK, I have found 2 emails at the time I purchased KIS each with a 20 digit code, I'm one code missing, each time I purchased a KIS I used the same email address, I must have got confused and deleted an email in error.

Do I need a customer ID and password for each product?

Is there anyway I can find the 20 digit code for the missing machine, I have an 18 digit number, and the date I purchased the product

Coconut Dream
QUOTE(TrueGreen @ 21.09.2009 17:54) *
Why are you asking?

I want to make sure I have the right information for each machine

my computer knowledge is below zero which is why I purchased KIS and not relied on any free programmes aginst some "Experts" opinion.
TrueGreen
QUOTE(Coconut Dream @ 21.09.2009 18:03) *
OK, I have found 2 emails at the time I purchased KIS each with a 20 digit code, I'm one code missing, each time I purchased a KIS I used the same email address, I must have got confused and deleted an email in error.

Do I need a customer ID and password for each product?

Is there anyway I can find the 20 digit code for the missing machine, I have an 18 digit number, and the date I purchased the product

You only need to have one customer ID and password to get into your personal cabinet where you may have manually placed your activation codes. If you have some confirmation of purchase you may be able to retrieve your activation code from K support.

What K product and version are you missing the activation code from? Prior to version 9 (2010) you may have a .key file which you can use to activate (can't be used on 2010). Others might be able to advise better.

In the future please backup your activation code in your personal cabinet (Click Here) and/or register the code in "My Kaspersky Account" (Click Here).

When you renew you can get a license (one activation code) for 1-3 computers. (Just on chance you might open K and click on license and maybe you do have a 3 computer license).
antikythera
sadly no, if you can't find the original email or have the cd which you installed it with you can't find the activation code for the third machine yourself. However as you have a licence number for it presumably you could try asking kaspersky technical support (phone number or email address should be on your country's website for kaspersky) to provide a reminder or new activation code for this machine if the subscription is still current for it.

as Truegreen says with regards personal cabinet, if you bought all 3 copies through the kaspersky online store with the same email address, then in one of the two emails there should be the login ID and password you can gain access to the cabinet with. it should have all 3 activation codes (they are automatically registered there if you bought them in this manner) and product keys for up to 2009/version 8 products.
Coconut Dream
QUOTE(antikythera @ 21.09.2009 18:22) *
as Truegreen says with regards personal cabinet, if you bought all 3 copies through the kaspersky online store with the same email address, then in one of the two emails there should be the login ID and password you can gain access to the cabinet with. it should have all 3 activation codes (they are automatically registered there if you bought them in this manner) and product keys for up to 2009/version 8 products.

I have a login and password for my personal filing cabinet, I've logged in but only one activation code is showing, this being when I purchased my 1st product.

6 months later, I purchased KIS for another machine, have the email with the activation code, but the activation code is not showing within my filing cabinet )or I can't see/ find it)

The 3rd KIS purchase for a 3rd machine, that email / activation code I'm missing.
TrueGreen
6 months later, I purchased KIS for another machine, have the email with the activation code, but the activation code is not showing within my filing cabinet )or I can't see/ find it)

Enter the one not showing manually. Open Cabinet/manage activation codes/add a new activation code. It would be best to copy/paste from the email. Hopefully Kaspersky Support can help with issuing a new activation code for the third machine.
How many days left on subscriptions? Is it worth it to renew now and get code for 1-3 computers (if K can't give you new one.)
Coconut Dream
QUOTE(TrueGreen @ 22.09.2009 02:11) *
Enter the one not showing manually. Open Cabinet/manage activation codes/add a new activation code. It would be best to copy/paste from the email. Hopefully Kaspersky Support can help with issuing a new activation code for the third machine.
How many days left on subscriptions? Is it worth it to renew now and get code for 1-3 computers (if K can't give you new one.)

I tried adding the 2nd activation code with my filing cabinet, but it says code already in use.

It's not worth me buying a 3 user licence because

The 1st licence expires Feb 2010

The 2nd licence expires Aug 2010

The 3rd licence expires Dec 2010

I'll contact support and see if they can assist.

MAny thanks for your assistance.
Coconut Dream
I'm hoping someone can give some advice.

As per above, I have 3 individual KIS activation codes, I'm missing 1 activation (miss laid email)

I've been in contact with customer support, they cannot find any trace of my details / email address on there systems, strange because I have 2 emails with confirmation codes for the time I purchased each KIS product, 1 purchased the 1st product in January 2008, the 2nd product in August 2008, each with a 2 year licence.

At the time of purchase, I believed I was using the official Kaspersky website, however, I've just noticed something at the bottom of each email:

On the 1st email: www.element5.com

On the 2nd email: arvato systems UK & Ireland Ltd

Are they not official Kaspersky sites? if not, that could explain why my email address does not exist.

Hope someone can give me some clarifaction.
Baz^^
Hi,

Element5 is the payment processor for the US estore
Arvato is the payment processor for UK and EU estore, as far as I am aware.
antikythera
element5 are a secure transaction company that process payments from your account when you visit the kaspersky online store.

yes i can verify avarto have also run the payment facility for the online store. if you print off or view the PDF receipt for the software either company will be listed. it often says too in the email that 'element5' will appear on the credit card statement if that is your chosen payment method.

seems they have switched to digital river at present. guess they search around for the best deal at the time.
Coconut Dream
OK, think I understand, is there any reason why my email address I used to purchase each products is not showing with Kaspersky?
Coconut Dream
Just for info, I've traced the payment through the bank account I had at the time, the payment was made to Kaspersky, I've managed to obtain the date & time I purchased the product but customer support say there unable to assist without an order number or email address.
Coconut Dream
Just a request to ask if anyone has any idea how I can trace the missing activation code?

I've tried speaking with Customer services in India with no success.

antikythera
sorry no more ideas
Coconut Dream
QUOTE(antikythera @ 24.09.2009 11:39) *
sorry no more ideas

OK, thanks for your help and replying.
Coconut Dream
As a follow on from this thread: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry1097992

I'm making no progress with customer support, hopefully someone here can explain, I'm tyring to trace an order I placed for KIS, Customer Support are saying the email address I used does not exist, to test if it does exist twice in the last 48 hours I requested a password reminder for my personal filing cabinet, each time I've received an email "Recover the password" to the same email address I used to purchase KIS.

How come I can get a password reminder using the email address Customer support say does not exist?
Coconut Dream
I created a seperate thread with the above question addressed to any mods / admin as I had a feeling no one would read this far down, not sure why it's been placed in here, anyway I'll give it a gentle bump hoping someone can answer my question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.