Help - Search - Members
Full Version: ie8 command line parameters
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Business
stpeterugger
I have a machine that is constantly throwing the warning for ie with the following in the details:

Attempt to run browser with command line parameters: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" SCODEF:3956 CREDAT:14337

Even if I click to send this to the trusted list the values continually change and therefore kicks off the warning...HELP!
aehrlich
QUOTE(stpeterugger @ 11.09.2009 23:03) *
I have a machine that is constantly throwing the warning for ie with the following in the details:

Attempt to run browser with command line parameters: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" SCODEF:3956 CREDAT:14337

Even if I click to send this to the trusted list the values continually change and therefore kicks off the warning...HELP!

You could add
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" SCODEF:* CREDAT:*
to the trusted but it seems "way too loose"... (as any extra -- arbitrary -- parameters also match the mask), although I use it as I don't have any better idea.
Maybe somebody knows how to stop this way of IE8 inter-communication? Anybody?
stpeterugger
This issue only seems to be popping up on machines where the user has set multiple tabs as their homepages in the IE8 settings. Any ideas anyone?
aehrlich
QUOTE(stpeterugger @ 16.09.2009 00:33) *
This issue only seems to be popping up on machines where the user has set multiple tabs as their homepages in the IE8 settings. Any ideas anyone?

I have only "about:blank" set as the homepage and still suffer from the problem. IE "runs with parameters" of this kind when you start a second instance of it (this is a "google-documented" way for IE to communicate its pid and the like "between instances").
stpeterugger
Thanks for the scary fix! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.