Help - Search - Members
Full Version: 2010 CF2 Install & Deinstall & Modify
Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > KIS\KAV\KTS 2015 MR1
Pages: 1, 2
Whizard
This topic collects problems installation/reinstallation/deinstallation during the product operation and also includes unclean removal and install completness based on the number of components selected.

Important! Installing on top of ANY previous build and correctness of imported settings will be tested at the later stage. It will be announced when needed.

Important! After the KL representative enters the bug report onto the tracker, please check the attachment at a later date. There might be requests for additional information, clarification, traces, dumps (it is impossible to notify everybody).

Edit: Post bugs only, please. If your post is gone, it was moved, or removed. Also, Please indicate the build number in your post.
Shinigami
Installation
Do you want to remove logs and quarantine files? Right when this came up, it closes out (before i can even do anything) and states "you must restart computer".

Do you want to restart computer? No, and the installation was cancelled.
error:1500
error:1500
After a couple times of pushing "run" for the installtion it final stated please restart computer.

After i restarted, and started to install. See pic, when i push next, kaspersky "Not responding".
Note: this page -> Click to view attachment
You can also see a GUI error on it as well. Currently this is as far as i have gotten with the installation.
SunBlack
A little bit more info to Shinigami problem

If you chose commercial activation you get first (disabled next button):
Click to view attachment
After few seconds you get
Click to view attachment
This window doesn't response anymore. I have waited 10-15 minutes - nothing going. If you close this window activation restart.

But activiation works if you chose activate beta version.

Furthermore: during installation you see that there is another window - but if you click on this nothing happen (see nothing)
Click to view attachment

System: Win7 RTM Enterprise x64
Angier
KIS 9.0.0.673en / WinXP SP2 patchday Jul 2009

After installation KIS didn't work: all components cannot be endabled!
Reboot didn't help.
Repair and reboot solved the problem.

Trace500 attached.

Sjoeii
Just did a fresh install. Not able to activate it with my own license or with beta license

EDIT:
Reboot solved things
Rampastein
Build 9.0.0.673

When I click "Cancel" during product uninstallation, the setup program asked something like "Are you sure you want to abort the uninstallation?". When I clicked "yes", the uninstallation continued. Clicking Cancel again had no effect.

In other words, the Cancel button doesn't do anything during uninstallation.
SebastianLE
Build 9-0-0-679, OS: Windows 7 RTM Home Premium 32bit

Update while Installing stays at 100%. After 5 Minutes I aborted, application analysis also stucks - whole system frozes.
Second update after hard reboot - same.

Traces: Click to view attachment

I also can provide the dumps - if needed.

Edit: Happens whenever I try an update....
Angier
QUOTE(Angier @ 12.08.2009 19:18) *
KIS 9.0.0.673en / WinXP SP2 patchday Jul 2009

After installation KIS didn't work: all components cannot be endabled!
Reboot didn't help.
Repair and reboot solved the problem.

Trace500 attached.

This problem can not be reproduced wiht the Version 9.0.0.679en.
Saurabh Rajguru
Win7 RTM/KIS 673..
Complete Uninstall Stuck on "Deleting Utilities"..
after some time this message appears..
Click to view attachment

I also tried running with admin privileges..
and in services.msc the kis service is showed as stopping while uninstallation but it wont stop at all..
ps: i will try to reproduce with new build when i can uninstall this build. supercool.gif
enkryptor
QUOTE(SebastianLE @ 18.08.2009 23:51) *
Update while Installing stays at 100%. After 5 Minutes I aborted, application analysis also stucks - whole system frozes.
Second update after hard reboot - same.

I also can provide the dumps - if needed.

I'm going to post your report to internal KL bugtracker, any available dumps will be useful.
norwegian

Unistall crashed, dumps - http://rapidshare.de/files/48178499/Uninstall_Dump.7z.html

Xp pro sp3
KIS 679
enkryptor
QUOTE(Saurabh Rajguru @ 19.08.2009 13:42) *
Win7 RTM/KIS 673..
Complete Uninstall Stuck on "Deleting Utilities"..
after some time this message appears..
Click to view attachment

I also tried running with admin privileges..
and in services.msc the kis service is showed as stopping while uninstallation but it wont stop at all..
ps: i will try to reproduce with new build when i can uninstall this build. supercool.gif

How can we validate the bugfix?

Try to uninstall the product with "Removal tool" and repeat un-installation process with trace logs.
rudger79
Trying to uninstall b684 and the wizard malfunctioned and it keeps rolling back the uninstallation and won't complete. It has disabled my mouse and touchpad drivers.
I have tried to reinstall with no success.

Will the 2010 removal tool be of any help?

Kind of stuck ATM.

Any and all advice or help will be much appreciated. ai.gif

Regards
Shinigami
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 27.08.2009 22:37) *
Trying to uninstall b684 and the wizard malfunctioned and it keeps rolling back the uninstallation and won't complete. It has disabled my mouse and touchpad drivers.

Kind of stuck ATM.

Regards

I just (2 minutes ago) used KAVRemover10 (the removal tool) and it uninstalled just fine, no issues ay.gif
XP SP3
rudger79
QUOTE(Shinigami @ 27.08.2009 19:31) *
I just (2 minutes ago) used KAVRemover10 (the removal tool) and it uninstalled just fine, no issues ay.gif
XP SP3

Thanks Shinigami. I will try this as well. smile.gif
rudger79
removal tool did the trick, thanks shinigami. ay.gif
We are back in business. KIS b691 installed flawlessly. smile.gif
Sourav Ghosh
During installation, I am noticing this every version of 2010, even in b691 if we change the update source for instance to Harddisk drive, it still updates from Kaspersky's Server (internet), it was ok in v2009 i.e. in installation if we change the update source, it updates from the update source we mentioned.
Helen m
* 1 strange but not that important thing :
While I was testing what happens with an account which has only read rights in the installation directory (/usr/local/retranslator-5.0.0-4/)...
$ ./retranslator -s
Can't open log file: /usr/local/retranslator-5.0.0-4/./retranslator.log
Can't set init temp dir to: Access failed to temp dir, /usr/local/retranslator-5.0.0-4/tmp/
=> It seems strange not to be able to use the -s switch ("*Show* update sites infolist") whereas it's Ok with the -h and -v switches ("*Show* program version and exit", "*Show* this message and exit") : no don't need to have write rights to be able to show that information, no?
* 2 minor things :
$ ./retranslator -h :
-u Retranslate all compnents except RetranslateComponentList
-x Retranslate all compnents
=> it should be "components"
Lucian Bara
i think you got the wrong section...this is a windows version, home user product.
Sourav Ghosh
Thanks richbuff for updating the excel file smile.gif
Sourav Ghosh
QUOTE(Sourav Ghosh @ 2.09.2009 19:01) *
During installation, I am noticing this every version of 2010, even in b691 if we change the update source for instance to Harddisk drive, it still updates from Kaspersky's Server (internet), it was ok in v2009 i.e. in installation if we change the update source, it updates from the update source we mentioned.

The above issue is existent in build 698 also
Fireclaw
I can´t install KIS 684,691,698 on my machine. During installation after the installation wizard connects to the Kaspersky server to get the beta licence the wizard always pops up asking if i want to cancel the configuration and if i really want to exit. So i say no and the wizard gets the beta licence. In the next step the update settings are shown and again the windows pops up and asks me the same question.
I´m using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (MSDN). Until now i used AVG 8.5 which i uninstalled before the KIS installation.
In Windows Vista Ultimate X64 the build 698 works ok on the same machine.
In Windows 7 i never had KIS or KAV installed before

Is there something i can do about this? Maybe a tool from Kaspersky to get some system information back to Kaspersky?

Michael

Angier
KIS 9.0.0.698en / WinXP SP 2 / patchday august 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------
Due to the rootkitscan-problem uninstall doesn't work right. I have to use kavremover10.exe.....
Visconti12
QUOTE(Fireclaw @ 4.09.2009 11:32) *
I can´t install KIS 684,691,698 on my machine. During installation after the installation wizard connects to the Kaspersky server to get the beta licence the wizard always pops up asking if i want to cancel the configuration and if i really want to exit. So i say no and the wizard gets the beta licence. In the next step the update settings are shown and again the windows pops up and asks me the same question.
I´m using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (MSDN). Until now i used AVG 8.5 which i uninstalled before the KIS installation.

Is there something i can do about this? Maybe a tool from Kaspersky to get some system information back to Kaspersky?

Michael

Read the Forum Rules and create GSI, then uploaded it back here to analyse it. You may have some AVG leftover files which conflict with KIS.
enkryptor
Please provide MSI log for us to reveal the reason. You can find it in your %TEMP% directory named "MSI*.log" (e.g. "MSId1f16.LOG")

QUOTE(rudger79 @ 28.08.2009 06:37) *

Kind of stuck ATM.

Regards

rudger79
QUOTE(enkryptor @ 4.09.2009 06:40) *
Please provide MSI log for us to reveal the reason. You can find it in your %TEMP% directory named "MSI*.log" (e.g. "MSId1f16.LOG")

Will later, at work ATM. Issue is resolved with removal tool.
mvdu
Will not activate the beta version. This is version 9.0.0.698. Says "key file or registration date is invalid." But the date and time on my machine are correct.
rudger79
QUOTE(mvdu @ 4.09.2009 13:47) *
Will not activate the beta version. This is version 9.0.0.698. Says "key file or registration date is invalid." But the date and time on my machine are correct.

Are you trying to activate the beta license or commercial? I think only the beta option is what is workable.
shah jahan
I was having that problem on W7.. turned out that W7 time synchronization was turned ON, and that kept (incorrectly) changing the date/time automatically messing up KIS (giving that activation error message)

Post installation:
698 on W7 (32 bit) is not usable.. system hangs and KIS gives errors.. cant recover dumps.. have to revert back to older snapshots..
On XP (32 bit) too.. its causing the system to freeze. Application analysis is taking years.. (CPU usage 100%) Cant do much with the system.. i think i'll wait for another build sad.gif
mvdu
I got the time error problem solved; it seemed to happen after a system restore.
rudger79
QUOTE(enkryptor @ 4.09.2009 06:40) *

Requested logs. Anything else?

Regards
enkryptor
QUOTE(Fireclaw @ 4.09.2009 13:32) *

You should provide install logs — kl*.log files from your %TEMP% folder.
enkryptor
QUOTE(rudger79 @ 5.09.2009 06:37) *

Thank you, I've sent the issue to a corresponding developer.
Fireclaw
QUOTE(Fireclaw @ 4.09.2009 11:32) *

Michael

I resolved the problem. AVG did not remove completely. The AVG removal tool did the job. So afterwards KIS installed without an error.
Only thing i noticed is that Virtual Keyboard is listed in addons section of IE8, but i didn´t install it during custom installation.
enkryptor
QUOTE(Fireclaw @ 9.09.2009 12:54) *
Only thing i noticed is that Virtual Keyboard is listed in addons section of IE8, but i didn´t install it during custom installation.

KIS provides a single file for URLs check and Virtual Keyboard addons (klwtbbho.dll), you can see it in the addons list.
Fireclaw
QUOTE(enkryptor @ 9.09.2009 11:09) *
KIS provides a single file for URLs check and Virtual Keyboard addons (klwtbbho.dll), you can see it in the addons list.

Oh yeah. i just noticed it.
Visconti12
b705 W7 x64:

Training Wizard: Anti-Spam hangs the program but system can be re-started by software.
Traces: http://rapidshare.com/files/278636659/KAV...._110909_V12.rar

norwegian

I am still learning Win7 locations and rules, but with my first install of 705 it stopped installing.
(Maybe it was a permissions issue, I do not know)
I've added the install logs just incase.

Win7 enterprise
Angier
KIS 9.0.0.705en / WinXP SP 3 / patchday august 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------
During installprocess the desktop-icons are reorganized. May be that should not happen....
Is there any file i can upload for KL?
Sourav Ghosh

Issue still present in build .705
caustic
I made an update install Vista x64 Ultimate -> Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM. Now I installed KIS2010 .705 everything worked fine till restart. System wents into repairmode and kicks KIS 2010 installation after automatic repair.

Sourav Ghosh

Issue existent in b706 as well
parisd
I have installed KIS 9.0.0.710 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (RTM) and I have found some problems with the installation.

I have 2 ethernet cards on my PC which I have bridged. During the installation the bridge could not connect to the internet, so activation was not possible.
I had to delete the bridge and recreate it after the installation.

The second problem is a bit more compicated, but it has to do with the bridged connection too:

I have a QNAP TS-439 Pro NAS that also has 2 ethernet ports which can be setup for load-balancing and/or failover. I am using failover with one port connected to my PC (the bridged connection) and the other connected to my adsl router. The second port on my PC (the other bridged port) is also conneted to the router. (I am using this setup in order to speed up the PC-NAS connection as the router is 100 Mbs while both the PC and NAS are capable of Gbs).

When I tried installing KIS with all the connections active, the installation froze and the ligths of my router where flashing like crazy. By disconnecting the cable of the direct PC-NAS connection, the installation unfroze (and the first problem showed up).

I realize that this is a very unusual (and rare) setup but I think the developers should be informed bt.gif
enkryptor
QUOTE(parisd @ 20.09.2009 22:56) *
When I tried installing KIS with all the connections active, the installation froze and the ligths of my router where flashing like crazy. By disconnecting the cable of the direct PC-NAS connection, the installation unfroze (and the first problem showed up).

Please kindly provide installer logs (kl*.log and MSI*.log files from your %TEMP% folder)
parisd
Unfortunatelly I don't have these files because I restored my system to a previous state and then reinstalled KIS after deleting the bridge and disconecting the NAS.

If you think it would benefit the developers, I can reproduce the installation and report the results.
In this case plase tell me where can I find the files you requested and whether you would like me to take any additional action.
Sourav Ghosh

This issue is existent in b710 as well
JanRei
In case I cancel the installation I get a compatibility warning from Windows 7 that the application might not have been installed correctly. This issue is reproducible. KIS 9.0.0.710

Click to view attachment

Installation logs:
Click to view attachment
norwegian

Failled install

Xp sp3, 32 bit

"install failed with unexpected error"

Logs: See attatchment
Sourav Ghosh
b714 Win7 x86
Kaspersky Link Scanner exists in Firefox even after uninstalling KIS
Sourav Ghosh

Issue still existent in b714
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.