Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Firefox/IE not opeing gmail and yahoomail and Online Banking sites [Merged]
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Pankaj Gupta
Hiii i just upgraded frm KIS 2009 to KIS 2010

No doubt they have drastically changed the Software

But now its much complicated interface than the previous version

ANyways... my problem is that i can seem to work on firefox opening email website for me

Whenever i open gmail.com or yahoomail.com this message appears

********************************************************************************
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com.

SSL received a record with an unknown content type.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_unknown_record_type)

* The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

********************************************************************************

However if i disable the protection, i can open everything easily...

Please guide me how do i make kaspersky open emails also ( May be some other websites also it blocks but i used these two only. others i may be able to know in due course of time)

Thanks

Pankaj Gupta

Lucian Bara
Hello
it's the same with 2009, you just enable scanning of encrypted connections and didn't import the certificate. (you probably didn't have it in 2009). see here: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280431 (it's identical for 2009)
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Lucian Bara @ 4.07.2009 14:36) *
Hello
it's the same with 2009, you just enable scanning of encrypted connections and didn't import the certificate. (you probably didn't have it in 2009). see here: http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280431 (it's identical for 2009)

I tried it but it when i import it in mozilla it says...

" This is not a certificate authority certificate, so it cant be imported into the certificate authority list"

And for KIS 2009
my setting was disabled from scan encrypted connections...
it wasnt ON...

Also in KIS 2010 it is OFF but still firefox not working...

PS : I have posted the same in Kaspersky -> Protection for Home Users also....
Pankaj Gupta
Hiii i just upgraded frm KIS 2009 to KIS 2010

No doubt they have drastically changed the Software

But now its much complicated interface than the previous version

ANyways... my problem is that i can seem to work on firefox/chrome opening email website for me

Whenever i open gmail.com or yahoomail.com this message appears

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com.

SSL received a record with an unknown content type.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_unknown_record_type)

* The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

However if i disable the protection, i can open everything easily... There was no problem as such in KIS 2009

Kindly guide me how do i make kaspersky open emails also ( May be some other websites also it blocks but i used these two only. others i may be able to know in due course of time)

I have also tried turning on scan encrypted connection and installing certificate as written in

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280431

but firefox fails to import it saying that "" This is not a certificate authority certificate, so it cant be imported into the certificate authority list""

So i have turned it OFF again...
Anyways i dont think it has any problem related with encrypted connections because in KIS 2009 it was OFF and still no website was giving me problems...

Kindly guide

Thanks

Pankaj Gupta

Dieselman
Be sure that both of them are not listed as "restricted". Did you do an over the top install or a complete uninstall of KIS 2009 and then installed KIS 2010. That would be your best bet.
TheUntouchable
Can confirm the " This is not a certificate authority certificate, so it cant be imported into the certificate authority list" warning. Tried to import it to the server list, this works although firefox tells my after that for every ssl page that the cert is unsecure..
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Dieselman @ 4.07.2009 15:29) *
Be sure that both of them are not listed as "restricted". Did you do an over the top install or a complete uninstall of KIS 2009 and then installed KIS 2010. That would be your best bet.

i installed it over KIS 2009

now one more also...

gtalk........
wen KIS2010 is ON... gtalk doesnt connect
but if i disable it... it connects and if i enable KIS again then there is no problem...

wat is this..........

and someone pl provide solution for the 1st problem concerning firefox also.......
Dieselman
Please do a complete uninstall of KIS and reinstall of KIS. Seems like your over the top instal did not work. Also what version of Firefox are you using? I have Firefox 3.5 and the latest Chrome and they both work excellent with KIS 2010.
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Dieselman @ 4.07.2009 15:29) *

I did it but...to no avail.........
Now even IE stops working for gmail....... unsure.gif blink.gif unsure.gif blink.gif

I think i ll have to go back to KIS 2009 or some other Internet Security unsure.gif
Dieselman
You do not have to go back to KIS 2009. Do what I said first please.
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Dieselman @ 4.07.2009 20:46) *
You do not have to go back to KIS 2009. Do what I said first please.

Bro.. i have already done wat u said...

i completely uninstalled KIS 2010

then i did a fresh install of KIS 2010 again...
Now its in Trial Version....

Now even IE fails to open Gmail... or yahoomail... earlier it opened but not now...

ANd yes... I am Using firefox 3.5 and IE 7 and latest chrome and opera and apple safari .....

so Basically i cant access my emails from any browser now.... sad.gif

still i ll wait if some solutions comes out... as it ll help me and many others also....
Dieselman
Its gotta be your machine and NOT KIS. I am running KIS on 10 machines now with no problems what so ever. Did you try using the KIS uninstall tool? Are you using any other security products? Did you read this sticky note?

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915
Dieselman
Have you tried flushing your DNS?
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Dieselman @ 4.07.2009 21:04) *
Have you tried flushing your DNS?

Flushed DNS...
No other security software running... windows firewall and defender turned off.............. dash1.gif dash1.gif dash1.gif

And its not a problem with my machine..... HAD it been then KIS 2009 also wudnt have worked... it worked brilliantly

even google talk is not connecting when the protection is ON ???? dash1.gif dash1.gif

I am Completely Hopeless now......... bc.gif bc.gif

Settings in KIS 2009 were easy to do.. but here...its a tough job...
Killhippie
QUOTE(Pankaj Gupta @ 4.07.2009 19:41) *
Flushed DNS...
No other security software running... windows firewall and defender turned off..............

And its not a problem with my machine..... HAD it been then KIS 2009 also wudnt have worked... it worked brilliantly

even google talk is not connecting when the protection is ON ????

I am Completely Hopeless now.........

Settings in KIS 2009 were easy to do.. but here...its a tough job...

I am also using Kis 2010 and have no issue with gmail etc they work as intended, have you changed any of the settings from default?

edit: quote smilies.
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Killhippie @ 4.07.2009 22:38) *
I am also using Kis 2010 and have no issue with gmail etc they work as intended, have you changed any of the settings from default?

No bro...!!

nothing changed except KIS 2009 to KIS 2010.....

ANyways ........

I am going back to KIS 2009 in a few days

so leaving the thread open for a few days..........

will try out various solutions if got....
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Pankaj Gupta @ 4.07.2009 22:48) *
No bro...!!

nothing changed except KIS 2009 to KIS 2010.....

ANyways ........

I am going back to KIS 2009 in a few days

so leaving the thread open for a few days..........

will try out various solutions if got....

Resolved the problem..!!

I had to disable the Web Antivirus to make everything work...

I even tried keeping it to Low settings but it dint worked that way( In any setting yahoomail failed to load)
so i had to disable it

now everything works... gtalk gmail yahoomail... all..........

But can someone tell me what exactly is the use of Web Antivirus....

Am i compromising something if i have disabled " Web Antivirus"

Thanks..!! ( To Me ) bravo.gif bravo.gif bravo.gif bravo.gif bravo.gif bravo.gif b_lol1.gif
Dieselman
You should not have to disable the web anti virus to make things work so technically you did not fix your issue. When you installed KIS did you change any settings? Where is your "getsysteminfo" report? the web anti virus like any other web anti virus filters web pages. KIS will still protect you. Check it for yourself. With web anti virus turned off you will be able to download the eicar test but then if you try to run it KIS will catch it.
Pankaj Gupta
As i had written in an earlier topic also

with web protection ON

my firefox, chrome, IE wont open any email website
and Gtalk wont work...

So i had turned it OFF

I want to know now...

1. Why was my topic deleted
Did i used any offensive words or anything irrelevant
Was it because my problem was not technically solved

Anyways..

2. Any solutions to my problem if i turn ON Web Antivirus

I was advised to have a getSystemInfo

So here's da link

My System LOG
Don Pelotas
1, No topic from you has been removed.

2. Stop shouting, we're not deaf.

3. Next time contact a moderator instead of such an attention seeker headline..............yes i edited it and removed that part. Otherwise you will receive the wrong kind of attention.

4. What have you done and which of the OS'ses are you using.
Dieselman
Read your report for yourself. Your host files still show traces of BitDefender and your WiFi card needs to have updated drivers installed. Alsdo shut off Windows firewall and Windows Defender. Are you using SAS Pro or SAS Feree?
Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ 5.07.2009 12:50) *
1, No topic from you has been removed.

2. Stop shouting, we're not deaf.

3. Next time contact a moderator instead of such an attention seeker headline..............yes i edited it and removed that part. Otherwise you will receive the wrong kind of attention.

4. What have you done and which of the OS'ses are you using.

1. I had crated a topic " Kaspersky causing Firefox/Chrome Problems" yesterday in which i detailed my problems
So here I go again

Whenever KIS 2010 is ON, i cant open email sites ( gmail, yahoomail etc) and online banking sites in any browser
Even Gtalk wont connect

KIS 2009 was working brilliantly with me.....

I had installed KIS 2010 over KIS 2009

but then i did a fresh install of KIS 2010 after removing it

Also i dint changed any setting anywhere neither in KIS nor in windows during that

I did this all as i was told by " DieselMan " in this forum ( Advanced Mamber or Tester )

still problem existed

Then i used various options myself ( I am Myself a computer engineer ) and found out that turning OFF " Web Antivirus " solved my problem

I posted that also in my reply in old topic

"Diesleman" said that Turning OFF isnt technically a solution... he asked to upload a file of getsysteminfo tool

i downloaded it and generated info...
Just wen i came back to upload.... i find that my topic is not there at all........ i am totally confused........

Anyways...

i am again posting my system log link

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...c49941&ms=1

right now my web antivirus is turned off

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Any other info needed pl tell me

And please tell me where is my earlier topic....

Sorry for any offensive words i used in earlier post of mine...... didnt meant it actually to shout...

Kindly guide me

Thanks
richbuff
In addition to what Don and Dieselman said:

Your log shows that you cannot connect to Windows updates. Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334

Please use Add Reply button for same issue, not the New Topic button for the same issue. One topic thread per person per issue, please. Not two, or three separate, identical topics.

Pankaj Gupta
QUOTE(richbuff @ 5.07.2009 13:20) *
In addition to what Don and Dieselman said:

Your log shows that you cannot connect to Windows updates. Please attach the zipped virusinfo_syscure.zip; instructions, see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=678334
Please use Add Reply button for same issue, not the New Topic button for the same issue. One topic thread per person per issue, please. Not two, or three separate, identical topics.

Hii

I have edited the Hosts file back to normal
i have turned off windows defender permanently
windows firewall is already turned off since i installed kaspersky ( Kaspersky turned it off during installation itself)
SAS i have it installed ( Free ) but use it only once a month....

Now after all this i have rebooted my laptop

This is the new link of log file using getsysteminfo

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...b24e1bd4f666805

and

Internet is running good here, so i dont think my issue needs updated drivers... for Wifi

Also currently i am using internet via LAN

PFA the zip file uploaded using standalone AVZ utility.

Thanks
Dieselman
Its always best to use the latest drivers cause they fix and address possible bugs. You also do not need this. http://www.windowsstartup.com/. I see your using a dual boot set up and your hard drive is just about full.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.