Help - Search - Members
Full Version: How to check the license key validity without activating?
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
iSergiwa
Hello,

When I purchase a 1 year/1 pc of KAV and receive the license key from a local reseller, how can I check the license key validity and genuineness without activating it? how to make sure that the reseller is not selling a fake or already activated keys? I if I activate the key to make sure of that the year count down would start and I don't want to use the key I just want to keep it and use it say after 3 months when my current key expires or give it to my friend so I need to know that I am keeping or giving a valid key!

Is there a service for checking the validity/genuineness of a KAV key without activating it?

Thank you
Babie
Just install KAV, when it asks for activation, choose active by using a license key, and import it. KAV will show you information
iSergiwa
Hello Babie

First, I am glad I am having your first post in KL Forum smile.gif

QUOTE(Babie @ 29.05.2009 03:20) *
Just install KAV, when it asks for activation, choose active by using a license key, and import it. KAV will show you information

But KAV would be activated then which makes the 365 days countdown to start!!!

Don Pelotas
QUOTE(iSergiwa @ 29.05.2009 03:03) *
Hello,

When I purchase a 1 year/1 pc of KAV and receive the license key from a local reseller, how can I check the license key validity and genuineness without activating it? how to make sure that the reseller is not selling a fake or already activated keys? I if I activate the key to make sure of that the year count down would start and I don't want to use the key I just want to keep it and use it say after 3 months when my current key expires or give it to my friend so I need to know that I am keeping or giving a valid key!

Is there a service for checking the validity/genuineness of a KAV key without activating it?

Thank you

No, ATM there is not......................i don't see why this is a problem though. Just only buy via official channels.

Only buy when you actually need them and don't speculate in buying cheap discounted codes in bundles which you then try to use one by one ....for example buying three 1 year discounted codes thinking you then have three very cheap years because they will not last this long......codes have a shelflife and at a certain time they will actually begin ticking away whether in use or not.

Therefore the best advice to give is to buy via official channels and only buy what you need....when you need it. smile.gif
iSergiwa
Hi,

So Kaspersky codes has a shelf life? this is new to me thank you could you please tell me how long the code will remain valid on the shelf?

In any way, I don't want to keep the codes on the shelf for more than 1 month and I don't think the code's shelf life would end in one month. Actually I am selling KL products and earn 10% commission but a reseller offered me 1000 codes at cheap price (50% discount), I tried a random code from the 1000 and it was fine, I can sell those keys to my customers in less than one month, I do trust the reseller, I also have the right to give the invalid codes back to him and get refunded but I don't want to enter such a bad experience with both my customers and the reseller, that's why I want to make sure that all the codes are valid, but it seems that it's impossible, looks like I will stuck on selling KL products at 10% commission al.gif

Thank you any way
Don Pelotas
QUOTE(iSergiwa @ 29.05.2009 20:08) *
Hi,

So Kaspersky codes has a shelf life? this is new to me thank you could you please tell me how long the code will remain valid on the shelf?

Hi again old friend.

There is no standard answer to this question because there are codes from the net/eStore (usually about 3 months), CD's they have a longer life, then there are OEM's ect etc etc.........sooo since i do not know what kind of license and when the reseller stocked.....................? wink.gif

So the best advice again is: Only buy when you need it...whether buying new or simply a renewal via the program................oh and to anyone with interest reading this: Only add codes to the program in the last 13 days of an existing license so that you will not loose the remaining days on the old license!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.