Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Question about exclusions
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
roger_alcantara
hi guys. smile.gif

i recently got myself a USB broadband modem... during installation... Kaspersky blocked one of the drivers... but since that driver had to be installed,i had to allow it... it notified me again and again that a driver was trying to access my pc, so i had no choice but to add it to the exclusion...

i went to the Kaspersky interface and went to the exclusion list to see what just happened... my question is this...

what does this actually mean?

what does "OBJECT" and "Threats type" mean? dopes it mean that kaspersky wont detect the "OBJECT" as long as it takes the form of "C:\PROGRAM FILES\GLOBE BROADBAND\DRIVER\DEVSETUP32.EXE"

sorry if it's such a noob question... i'm not really much of a techie so sometimes these pc stuff really confuses me. tongue.gif thanks a bundle in advance guys. smile.gif
roger_alcantara
i'm using kaspersky anti-virus 2009 by the way. smile.gif
DonKid
Exit KAV, and reinstall your USB modem.
roger_alcantara
QUOTE(DonKid @ 5.05.2009 00:39) *
Exit KAV, and reinstall your USB modem.

thanks DonKid... smile.gif i was able to install the USB modem already... when it kept on blocking it, i just included the blocked app in the exclusion list... after that the installation proceeded without a glitch. smile.gif i'm just wondering if what i did was right... adding it to exclusion. although i think it's not a malware of any sort... so i guess what i did was ok right? smile.gif the "objects" and "threat type" got me a bit confused. and since i've succcessfully installed the USB modem, should i remove the exclusions i just made, or just leave it be? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.